**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine's Special 3 question

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
Guillotine's Special Attack 3 Reads:

"La Fleur du Mal consumes all available Souls and deals 2% of the opponent's health in direct damage per soul consumed".

In other words, if she has 5 souls, her L3 will take 10% of the enemy's health. 10 souls will take 20% of the enemy's health.

What happens when Guillotine has no souls and activates her L3? Theoretically, the L3 should deal no damage. However, I've been damaged by her L3 when she had no souls before. Does anyone know the specifics of how much damage this should deal?

Follow up question...does Recoil increase the damage inflicted by her L3?

Comments

• Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    It's not that it will not deal damage, it's just that it will not do the extra damage that she does per soul, or at least that's how I think it works anyway, guillotines abilities have always confused me
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Marvel2289 wrote: »
    It's not that it will not deal damage, it's just that it will not do the extra damage that she does per soul, or at least that's how I think it works anyway, guillotines abilities have always confused me

But is the 2% damage per soul "extra damage" as you say? Are you sure?

The description reads like 100% of the damage is direct damage based on the number of souls at the time of activation. There is no mention of "extra" or "additional" damage based on souls in her description.

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    The special has its own damage. Just additional damage for souls.

If this is true, it seems the description of the L3 should be modified slightly. Thanks for the input.

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

If this is true, it seems the description of the L3 should be modified slightly. Thanks for the input.

Well it should be obvious an l3 will do damage without souls consumed otherwise it would be useless
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Yes it’s just an added effect. Just like when you see L3 descriptions for other champs. Some put bleed or armor break on you with their L3 but it always does damage too. It doesn’t just do what the descriptor says.

Well it should be obvious an l3 will do damage without souls consumed otherwise it would be useless

I'd hardly call her L3 useless if this were the case. If it functioned this way, I'd consider it a high-risk, high-reward type of situation. If you fight well, you can use the L3 to quickly finish off the last 20%-30% of an enemy's life, completely bypassing all armors and resistances. If you don't fight well and the souls fall off, the L3 does no good.

I'd also add that the way specials behave isn't always obvious as you say. Take Vision, for example. His special 1 and special 2 will do no damage if the enemy has no power to burn. However, the L3 will still deal damage in the same situation despite having a very similar description to the L1 and L2. If you were just reading the descriptions and had no in-depth knowledge of the game, you wouldn't know they behaved this way.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Yes it’s just an added effect. Just like when you see L3 descriptions for other champs. Some put bleed or armor break on you with their L3 but it always does damage too. It doesn’t just do what the descriptor says.

I'm thinking of champs like Punisher and Magik. These champs have Special 3's that can be scaled up through a variety of means. This additional damage is always noted as such. However, Guillotine's description makes no mention of additional damage, simply that direct damage will be dealt based on the number of souls present.

Guillotine's abilities have had to be re-worded in the past due to the descriptions being unclear at parts. I think this is another instance of something that should be tweaked.