**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Tier Adjustments

I'm all for removing cheaters from gaming and having a fair and competitive environment. I do not agree with how this is being handled.

My Alliance was hit by this "adjustment" and I have no reason why. I've opened two tickets and received two generic responses and the tickets were promptly closed. We lost our last 3 wars in Gold 3. Why would an alliance cheat to achieve Gold 3 and to lose three wars. Anyways, I'm not here to talk about our adjustment. It sucks, and we're super puzzled on why, I'm here to voice a problem: Communication with the player-base.

As an Alliance leader, I have no idea who, when, or what triggered this, because they're not telling me. I've talked to every member and no one said they cheated. No one in my alliance is suspended, or banned. I've talked to every member and all of them are active

So... that begs the question, how is Kabaam detecting this?

• Is it phone based? Does me having two accounts and playing on my current iPhone7Plus and sometimes on my old iPhone6Plus trigger this? What if I don't want to deal with my iPhone6Plus for my second account and play on my iPhone7Plus (because my iPhone6Plus doesn't have LTE/cell coverage - not tied to a cell plan)? Both my accounts are tied to the same iTunes account. Both emails have my name in them.. What if my wife needs to move in the game, but her phone is almost dead? Does that flag account sharing if she logs in on my phone?
  • Public IP based? Public IP tracking doesn't work, because I can drive 15 minutes to work and join their wireless and have a different state Public IP, or go to a customer and join their Wireless and have a different state public IP.
  • Is it manual, or automatic? It feels "automatic", the above could easily be figured out if a human was involved. Automatic is fine, but there needs to be a solid system in place for false detection. A generic email that says, "Sorry, we're too busy, so we can't individually address you" is not an example of this.

So now I'm asking myself, did this happen because of me? I'm guilty of the above (playing on multiple devices and different public IPs). Is it a current member? Past member? When did it happen? Is it going to happen again? I simply do not know. That scares me. My second ticket I tried to ask. I received the same generic response.

Cheating needs to be addressed, but this is not example of how it's done. Now, all the poor alliances going against us are going to get clobbered. How is that fair to them?

What's everyone else's thoughts? How would you handle this if you were Kabaam? I don't want this to go the route of talking about specific incidents and instead I would like to focus on fixing the general problem. How do you fix the "piloting" and "cheating" problem without penalizing the wrong people including the alliances not adjusted now matched against WAY stronger alliances. How do you prevent false positives?