**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Killmonger not getting truestrike when successfully attacking opponents after they recover from sps

They seem to be a lot champions that use specials against Killmonger and killmonger doesn’t get his truestrike when successfully attacking them. Ironman infinity war is one.

Comments

• Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    You need to attack them within the window of time while they are still recovering, otherwise it doesn't work. IMIW has a very small window that you need to time very well to achieve true strike.
  • Options
    313rd313rd Posts: 160
    I understand what you are saying. It is very inconsistent, I have seen it not work against ultron sp1. And that is One of the easiest projectile specials to evade and dash attack while enemy is still recovering. I have also seen it work too.
    Right now I’m working on the timing vs IMIW but so far (with and without the use of unstoppable charges), have been unable to consistently activate the truestrike. It shouldn’t be this difficult to time correctly consistently
  • Options
    Point is it is very “sometimey”. Lots of times it works but sometimes and against certain champions it doesn’t work.
  • Options
    nopenope Posts: 134
    Never really have issues with it here... But I'd be surprised if you could do it vs iwim. He seems specifically designed to counter km true strike unless you're using ws synergy.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    with imiw, you'd usually require 2 times dodging, which will put you at a distance where you won't be able to intercept in time. The only way would be with killmonger unstoppable charges
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Simplest way of attaining true strike against said champs is to use your sp1 first
    Then for iron Man infinity war, Dodge the first hit and block the remaining. The unstoppable will prevent any push back so you can go in more quickly
  • Options
    AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    Yeah, i realized that too, but agree with @ShadPrince , seems like this is something like a well-timed attack during recovery from sp.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    You need to attack them within the window of time while they are still recovering, otherwise it doesn't work. IMIW has a very small window that you need to time very well to achieve true strike.

Did you mean no window?
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    YoMoves wrote: »

Did you mean no window?

Just tested it and yes you're right.
    You can punish the sp1 if you time it right, but you don't hit while he's recovering, so that is my bad.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    The window of KM producing true strike after special evade and attack does not seem to be exactly the same as the window to attack them successfully after the special.
    We assume it should be but it just isn't.

There are specials that I can evade and then attack while they recover every single time without fail but no true strike. If the window was the same then he would produce it a lot more often.
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Simplest way of attaining true strike against said champs is to use your sp1 first
    Then for iron Man infinity war, Dodge the first hit and block the remaining. The unstoppable will prevent any push back so you can go in more quickly

Tried this and no truestrike even though I was able to successfully hit IMIW right after Killmonger “unstoppable” blocked the second plasma blast from his sp1. But again no truestrike. It’s too tricky and inconsistent.

• Options
    YoMoves wrote: »

Did you mean no window?

Just tested it and yes you're right.
    You can punish the sp1 if you time it right, but you don't hit while he's recovering, so that is my bad.

This is correct, can successfully attack while IMIW is recovering but it still doesn’t grant Killmonger his truestrike.