**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Event

With the inclusion of Hydra's Punisher 2099 as well as members of A.I.M. with Taskmaster and M.O.D.O.K., I felt like there should be a new event based on S.H.I.E.L.D. While there have been inclusions of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, such as Quake, as well as former agents like Black Widow and Hawkeye, there are a few S.H.I.E.L.D. characters that are more than worthy of a place in the Contest.

I think that Director Nick Fury and Director Phil Coulson should be two characters added if this event did take place. I created an entry on the Character Wishlist 3.0 with some details on each of them.

The link for the page is here, you may have to scroll down a bit: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/18/character-wishlist-thread-3-0/p41

S.H.I.E.L.D. is a major part of both Marvel Comics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The 'State of the Battlerealm' character map alludes to the addition of Red Skull to the Contest, and if there is to be another HYDRA event, an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. event would be a perfect fit to counter the potential rise of HYDRA.

If this actually does become an event, I think the name 'Directors of S.H.I.E.L.D.' would fit rather well. Feel free to give me some feedback.

Thanks again,

Jack

Comments

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Nick Fury could be a cool character... not sure about Phil Coulson though.. Sounds like a snooze fest champ honestly..
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    I know she's off the show now...but how about Mockingbird instead of Coulson.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Coulson could be interesting now that he has his robot hand. He could stun with an icer pistol and have some kind of autoblock with the shield projector in his hand. Not sure what good offensive capabilities he would have, but I'm sure they could think of something.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Bear3 wrote: »
    Nick Fury could be a cool character... not sure about Phil Coulson though.. Sounds like a snooze fest champ honestly..

Don't be hating on my favorite sheild agent
  • Jack_OHaraJack_OHara Posts: 92
    edited June 2018
    Bear3 wrote: »

I think the version of Coulson from the ABC show would definitely be more interesting than the one from the Avengers, especially because of his new hand.
    Raganator wrote: »
    I know she's off the show now...but how about Mockingbird instead of Coulson.

Mockingbird would definitely be cool. In terms of abilities, I could see a new idea for long-range attacks with her retractable batons. While I think that Coulson would still be a good addition, there is always room for an third character in an event, or, as we've seen with Infinity Chaos & Nightmare, 2 separate events.

P.S. I really miss Bobbi and Hunter. They were both funny and I was pretty happy with the brief moment with Hunter in season 5.
    FineDog wrote: »
    Coulson could be interesting now that he has his robot hand. He could stun with an icer pistol and have some kind of autoblock with the shield projector in his hand. Not sure what good offensive capabilities he would have, but I'm sure they could think of something.

I think the Icer Stun and Auto-Block are really good ideas. I didn't include them in suggested abilities on the character wishlist, but I did outline a few others. Feel free to check them out.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    When the day comes, I'm sure it will be Sam Jackson Fury that makes it in. But oh how I'd love the original. Those Steranko comics are still some of my favorites.

Been waiting on Red Skull since those leaks years ago. Hopefully they're refining him not to be Iron Skull.