**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Mordo's Block Broken?

Hey Guys,

Not sure if it's intentional for mordo's block to seem sluggish when you press block? Keep getting hit because it's different to every other character?

Comments

• For some reason i can't block after the last hit on a combo
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    that's why you only do 4 hits instead of 5 when using him, he is not broken, he just to slow if you try to block/parry after a five hit combo. That means change the way you fight when using him and only do a four hit combo.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    You can block and parry if you end a 5-hit combo with M, but the parry timing is tricky.
  • HygghuHygghu Posts: 145
    I use a five hit combo and block fine with him.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    edited June 2017
    been having problems with him lately lol
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Venom had this problem when he was first released. Definitely not intended.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It's been discussed multiple times (especially after his arena). If you end a 5-hit combo with a light hit, you cannot block. It has been identified as a bug.

While Kabam (hopefully) tries to fix it, you can work around it by:
    • ending the 5-hit combo with a medium hit
    • ending the combo with 4 hits
    • using a special immediately after the 5th hit (but still runs the risk of being blocked)

I typically just use a 4-hit combo, then will use a special if it's charged otherwise will dash back and prepare for the next parry.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Can't block with Mordo anymore, Kabam screwed up again
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    This has been a BUG since 12.0. After any 5 hit combo Mordo is frozen and cannot do anything for almost a full second. It needs to be fixed ASAP as it really kills his offensive ability.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    This is about the 10th thread for Mordo's block, the devs are aware and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Until then the workaround is perfectly fine and ending a 5 hit combo with a M will actually make you do more damage and be a better player, so why not alter your playstyle?
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    I have the same problem with Hyperion
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    VG0d wrote: »
    Damn I thought it was only me .. definitely his block is Broken

Gameplay as a whole is broken, dude.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Have had Mordo since I pulled him from 5* and featured PHC last November. Happy to see the issues that existed back then are now more widely acknowledged since his general release. Nevertheless, there's no suggestion of a solution forthcoming from the game team, who dismissed or downplayed the issues players raised last winter. Only suggestion is a player solution: 4-hit combos. Stack fury. Spam Sp1. Repeat. Works well--he is a top 10-15 champ even with the bug.

And don't expect the game team to fix anything. They've been aware for 8 months and have done little more than dissemble.

Dr. Zola
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    Adapt your play style otherwise you will always suck fighting with him. Not that hard to do 4 hit combo.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Has anyone else noticed that NC has the same problem?

It's less obvious because of his crazy evade skills, but all it takes is one accidental switch to Swashbuckling mode and it's like Mordo2.0.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that NC has the same problem?

It's less obvious because of his crazy evade skills, but all it takes is one accidental switch to Swashbuckling mode and it's like Mordo2.0.
    Could be, I remember many times I'm counter attacked with NC and I was thinking I was doing something wrong.
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    Having same issue. It's most definitely a bug.