Reclassify Mordo as a Dimensional Being

mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
Mordo's own description says his is in his astral form

Mordo’s astral form ensures that every ability properly activates, resisting against Ability Accuracy effects.

This sounds like to me he is moving between the physical and astral plane which sounds a lot like moving through dimensions a lot like Magik going in and out of Limbo.

It would make sense then for Mordo to qualify as a Dimensional being.

Comments

• SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★
    Sounds like an excuse to make him a dimensional being to use Blade against him. If Doc Voodoo, Doc Strange aren't labeled as dimensional being, I don't think Mordo should be either.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Cap America is a great counter for Mordo if you didn't know. You can also use the GR synergy for Danger sense
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Sounds like an excuse to make him a dimensional being to use Blade against him. If Doc Voodoo, Doc Strange aren't labeled as dimensional being, I don't think Mordo should be either.

I'm all for them being reclassified as well.

However I will point out the difference though between Dr. Voodo, Dr. Strange and Mordo, Mordo is described as being in an astral form.... Neither Dr. Voodoo or Dr. Strange are described as such.
    Cap America is a great counter for Mordo if you didn't know. You can also use the GR synergy for Danger sense

Not 100%. DangerSense through GR synergy does not do the Ability Accuracy Reduction anymore.

• mum_m2mum_m2 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    you can easily just use the synergies here to get DS. stop trying to make it easy either. there's a huge difference between Dorm being a dimensional being and mordo.
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    you can easily just use the synergies here to get DS. stop trying to make it easy either. there's a huge difference between Dorm being a dimensional being and mordo.

There's also a big difference with how Magik is a Dimensional being and Dormammu... Mordo is more like Magik
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Member Posts: 134
    Are people really having problems beating mordo without danger sense??

IDK I usually use Magik now that they modified the game play so Drax doesn't work anymore...

IDK I usually use Magik now that they modified the game play so Drax doesn't work anymore...

Yeah I feel you, And even the drax thing. I was just wondering because I've seen quite a few posts on drax vs mordo and now the problems people are having with danger sense. Like Mordo was basically featured in every AW when he fist came out for almost a year, so by now 2 years since Mordos been in the game. I feel like people should know how to fight him without being dependent on danger sense or drax.

but to help your cause description for Mordo as a marvel character
    "He can project deadly force blasts using magic, can teleport inter-dimensionally, and can manipulate many forms of magical energy. He can tap extra-dimensional energy by invoking entities or objects of power existing in dimensions tangential to Earth's through the recitation of spells. He can also summon demons, but often does not have enough power to force them to do what he wants them to do"
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Yeah I feel you, And even the drax thing. I was just wondering because I've seen quite a few posts on drax vs mordo and now the problems people are having with danger sense. Like Mordo was basically featured in every AW when he fist came out for almost a year, so by now 2 years since Mordos been in the game. I feel like people should know how to fight him without being dependent on danger sense or drax.

"He can project deadly force blasts using magic, can teleport inter-dimensionally, and can manipulate many forms of magical energy. He can tap extra-dimensional energy by invoking entities or objects of power existing in dimensions tangential to Earth's through the recitation of spells. He can also summon demons, but often does not have enough power to force them to do what he wants them to do"

The way the game uses the term "dimensional being" it is generally champions who are either natives of extradimensional mystical planes or who is directly empowered by extradimensional planes of existence, as they exist in the game. For example, Magik in the comics is a mutant that can create dimensional portals, but who was then trapped in the Limbo dimension and eventually became its queen and ruler and gained magical powers from being essentially an extrardimensional ruler. In the game, Magik's abilities come primarily from abilities tied to her extradimensional nature: her soul sword and her ability to tap into the Limbo dimension for damage and damage rewinding. That's also why she is classed as mystic, not mutant.

Both Dr. Strange and Mordo are sorcerers and the abilities they have in the game come from mastery of magic. But they themselves are not natives of nor directly empowered by extradimensional planes as they exist in the game. Both Strange and Mordo can evoke extradimensional power or extradimensional beings, but are not extradimensional beings themselves, not even in the comics generally.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

The way the game uses the term "dimensional being" it is generally champions who are either natives of extradimensional mystical planes or who is directly empowered by extradimensional planes of existence, as they exist in the game. For example, Magik in the comics is a mutant that can create dimensional portals, but who was then trapped in the Limbo dimension and eventually became its queen and ruler and gained magical powers from being essentially an extrardimensional ruler. In the game, Magik's abilities come primarily from abilities tied to her extradimensional nature: her soul sword and her ability to tap into the Limbo dimension for damage and damage rewinding. That's also why she is classed as mystic, not mutant.

Both Dr. Strange and Mordo are sorcerers and the abilities they have in the game come from mastery of magic. But they themselves are not natives of nor directly empowered by extradimensional planes as they exist in the game. Both Strange and Mordo can evoke extradimensional power or extradimensional beings, but are not extradimensional beings themselves, not even in the comics generally.

That's an awesome explanation. Yep that makes perfect sense. Hopefully others read this and understand the reasoning for why he isn't one.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Member Posts: 907 ★★★

Not 100%. DangerSense through GR synergy does not do the Ability Accuracy Reduction anymore.

Agree. Kabam CHANGED it and then said it is now working like it should. You know....after they CHANGED it.
    Note the "CHANGE"....
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Wait.. People need ability accuracy reduction to fight Mordo? Omg. Mind blown.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That's an awesome explanation. Yep that makes perfect sense. Hopefully others read this and understand the reasoning for why he isn't one.

However, we are fighting Mordo who is in his "Astral form" according to his description which means he is currently existing in game on the Astral plane which is another dimension or considered a 4th dimension

Agree. Kabam CHANGED it and then said it is now working like it should. You know....after they CHANGED it.
    Note the "CHANGE"....

and this is why Mordo should be reclassified.
    xNig wrote: »
    Wait.. People need ability accuracy reduction to fight Mordo? Omg. Mind blown.

It's more because Kabam changed the game even though they claimed they didn't.