**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Comparison of Rank Rewards in Exclusive Goldpool Arena vs Non-Exclusive 5* Featured Arena

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
Rank 1:
Goldpool: 5* Goldpool, 600 6* Shards
5*Featured: 5* Featured Champion, 800 6* Shards

Difference: Non-Exclusive Arena gets 200 more 6* Shards

Rank 2-10:
Goldpool: 5* Goldpool, 600 6* Shards
5*Featured: 5* Featured Champion, 400 6* Shards

Difference: Goldpool arena gets 200 more 6* Shards

Rank 11-150:
Goldpool: 5* Goldpool, 400 6* Shards
5*Featured: 5* Featured Champion, 400 6* Shards

Difference: Tied

Rank 151-200:
Goldpool: 5* Goldpool, 400 6* Shards
5* Featured: 2000 5* Shards, 200 6* Shards

Difference: Goldpool arena still gets featured 5* and an extra 200 more 6* Shards

Top 1-10%:
Goldpool: 1200 5* Shards, 200 6* Shards
5*Featured: 2000 5* Shards, 200 6* Shards

Difference: Non-Exclusive Arena gets 800 more 5* shards

Top 11-30%:
Goldpool: 800 5* Shards, 100 6* Shards
5* Featured: 1000 5* Shards, 100 6* Shards

Difference: Non-Exclusive Arena gets 200 more 5* Shards

Top 31-60%:
Goldpool: 400 5* Shards, 1 greater arena boost crystal
5* Featured: 500 5* Shards, 2 greater arena boost crystal

Difference: Non-Exclusive Arena gets 100 more 5* Shards and an extra GAB crystal

Top 61-100%:
Goldpool: 200 5* Shards, 1 greater arena boost crystal
5* Featured: 200 5* Shards, 2 greater arena boost crystal

Difference: Non-Exclusive Arena gets an extra GAB crystal

So, this Goldpool arena that was hyped up for a month and promised "big rewards" is actually paying out less than the standard, run of the mill, 5* featured arena for every single player except those that rank 2-9 and 151-200.

If this had been advertised as an arena with no gold cost per fight, milestones that pay out lots of battle chips and gold, that'd be one thing. Accurate in its description of the "benefits" of having the ultra exclusive access to the arean. Instead, this arena was marketed as the place to get "big" rewards of Goldpool himself (just like any other featured, except he won't be in normal crystals maybe), lots of 6* shards and 5* shards. That was incredibly poor description of the rewards, because the vast majority of people participating in this arena will get LESS rewards that actually matter to them (5* and 6* shards) than they would in the standard and not remotely exclusive featured 5* arena.

As a paying customer I am beyond upset over this. It is very clear to anyone who plays this game that these rewards are not what was advertised. I guess if you'd said "grind a unit gated arena incredibly hard or spend lots of units on a crystal that grants access as a super rare drop to join this arena where you will get less than you would normally of the things you care about, but hey, extra battle chips and gold." that would've been honest. This was intentionally misleading. With everything else you have going on right now upsetting the community, this one is probably the easiest one to fix. If you ignore this and do not make it right by greatly increasing the rewards, you will lose customers, starting with this one.

Regards,
Hulk_77

Comments

• FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Sadly, I doubt Kabam will respond and even if they do, nothing will be done. It would be nice to get an official answer however.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Well, think of it as saving yourself $300-700 for a brand new shining 5 * OR a 20 sig dupe... oh wait a min... I mean $400 savings since it will probably cost $300 to place within the top 200.

I suppose... you get a new shiny title that featured 5 * arena doesn't provide!!! You shall forever be branded a "gold member!"

Edited: Realize its for a 5 * not a 6 * ...oops.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    K-a-b-a-m-m-e-d!
    that's very lame, those units spent on ticket could never worse it
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Immortal wrote: »
    Well, think of it as saving yourself $300-700 for a brand new shining 5 * OR a 20 sig dupe... oh wait a min... I mean $400 savings since it will probably cost $300 to place within the top 200.

I suppose... you get a new shiny title that featured 5 * arena doesn't provide!!! You shall forever be branded a "gold member!"

They should change it to say "I'm with stupid" with an arrow pointing to your user name.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Aleor wrote: »
    K-a-b-a-m-m-e-d!
    that's very lame, those units spent on ticket could never worse it

Agreed! I would much prefer if the title was named/renamed to k-a-b-a-m-m-e-d! At least it would provide some much needed comic relief and I would be entertained.

Edited: Looks like the k b m ed is filtered out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It's a limited-time Arena. The focus isn't really on the Milestones. It's a chance at Goldpool. If people want the same Milestones, they can play the Featured.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    The milestones are the best part...
    the complaint is how much this arena was hyped up to be great for 5* and 6* shards, aswell as having the chance to earn goldpool, when in fact for most ranked reward brackets the shards are less.

But I don’t expect you to understand the perfectly valid complaints here GW.
    I'm in it, and I'm not that offended by it. It's not for me to validate or invalidate anyone's complaints. That doesn't mean I can't point out how I don't agree with them.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    The thing is, there is no point in doing this arena.
    What does it offer that the one one didn't? Goldpool? That's impossible for android user's, and probably only big spenders will get him.
    Milestones are irrelevant since they are pratically the same. Rank rewards are worse, even though the announcement thread stated that there was going to be "big rewards" instead of "standard rewards, but slighly less".
    Is a way of business to give hope to the players, and in the end, there isn't anything excited at all. People that grinded for the ticket will not use it, and instead they will just play the regular arrna for better rewards
    The thing is, there is no point in doing this arena.
    What does it offer that the one one didn't? Goldpool? That's impossible for android user's, and probably only big spenders will get him.
    Milestones are irrelevant since they are pratically the same. Rank rewards are worse, even though the announcement thread stated that there was going to be "big rewards" instead of "standard rewards, but slighly less".
    Is a way of business to give hope to the players, and in the end, there isn't anything excited at all. People that grinded for the ticket will not use it, and instead they will just play the regular arrna for better rewards

I'm doing it because I want the Title. Lol. I'll do some Milestones and be happy. I run 3 or 4 at any given time anyway.
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    How you even find time to arena with all the forum posting is beyond me.

I'm not here because I don't play the game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    It's a limited-time Arena. The focus isn't really on the Milestones. It's a chance at Goldpool. If people want the same Milestones, they can play the Featured.

When you say "the focus" I assume you mean "your focus." Because the arena wasn't promoted as a limited time arena whose focus was Goldpool. It was promoted as a "wonderful world" arena with "big rewards" such as 5* and 6* shards.

I'm not as upset about the rewards as some other players, but had I know what the actual rewards were in this arena I would have probably made zero attempt to acquire the ticket to enter it. It is worth doing only because I have the ticket, and it takes no effort to reach the first milestone, and if I have time after doing other grinding I'll return to it. But it is a low priority arena for me.
    Hey Grounded Wisdom, I have you blocked and have for some time. So whatever you're trying to explain to me in this thread, you might as well stop because I'll never read it. Good luck to you.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

When you say "the focus" I assume you mean "your focus." Because the arena wasn't promoted as a limited time arena whose focus was Goldpool. It was promoted as a "wonderful world" arena with "big rewards" such as 5* and 6* shards.

I'm not as upset about the rewards as some other players, but had I know what the actual rewards were in this arena I would have probably made zero attempt to acquire the ticket to enter it. It is worth doing only because I have the ticket, and it takes no effort to reach the first milestone, and if I have time after doing other grinding I'll return to it. But it is a low priority arena for me.

They hype just about everything when it's released. That's marketing. It wasn't advertised as equal or more Shards/Milestones than regular Featured Arenas. That much was an expectation generated by the anticipation.
  • MongooseSuicideMongooseSuicide Posts: 45
    I for one am disappointed as well by these milestones/rank rewards. IMO it was positioned as a including shards above and beyond a regular arena. I expected at least a reasonable chance at getting 500 or so 6* shards, 200 (my highest likely possible amount) seems like a slap for the cost of entry.
    edited June 2018

They hype just about everything when it's released. That's marketing. It wasn't advertised as equal or more Shards/Milestones than regular Featured Arenas. That much was an expectation generated by the anticipation.

It is bad marketing if the actual delivery is so dramatically different from the impression they give that it damages the credibility of all future marketing. The whole point to marketing is setting expectations, not writing fine print legal disclaimers. Saying they didn't actually directly promise anything in the marketing is saying nothing at all, because that's not how good marketing is judged.

Would people have preferred if they said, "Vie for a chance to win the exclusive Goldpool, along with less Shards than you usually get!". No. I was highlighting the fact that the hype, as with many things, was exaggerated. I saw several Posts in anticipation for the Milestones. Expectation builds up more. Then leads to disappointment because inevitably, the reality is not the same as the expectation. People gained entry in one of two ways, Ranking in the DP Arena, or RNGesus granted them a Ticket. People were no doubt pulling Crystals for Goldpool, not Tickets. That makes logical sense. The Arena is for a chance at Goldpool. The Milestones aren't really the central focus, IMO. Not just because of my view personally, but because of the exclusivity of the Champ. The reaction is as if they somehow deceived people, but it was an add-on. It's not as if the sale of the Crystals were intended to deceive people based on the Milestones. It's really not that complicated. If people don't care for them, they don't have to run it. The only reason there's so much focus on them is because the vast majority won't win him, fair enough. I just don't agree that the marketing is that diabolically deceptive. They're Buzz Words. As with most things that come, people get carried away, and end up let down.
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    edited June 2018
    The only way to gain access to this arena was to post a massive score on the Deadpool arena, spend a lot of units on Fool's Pool's gold or get extremely lucky... Yet the effort put into the rewards on this arena matches the recent trend with all rewards for effort - mediocre

As OP has pointed out, there is nothing unique left for players who aren't aiming for the top 200...

Really sad to see how stingy you guys are with rewarding the community for the time they put into your game... :(
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    You should actually compare the Goldpool arena to the 4* featured as 5* are the highest tier of champions allowed in the arena. It is easier to garner more points in the 5* featured arena than the Goldpool arena
  • NikitaCapek1NikitaCapek1 Posts: 7
    Like others, I absolutely agree that Kabam mislead us all into thinking things about the Goldpool arena that have failed to materialize. The rank and reward milestones are such a huge let down - seriously, you couldn’t have thrown 3* or Ultimate crystals in place of PHCs? I broke my “no more real cash” rule to get the 3* Deadpool only to have my wallet lock shut again. I used to enjoy spending money on this game but Kabam seems to get worse and worse with its customer service/relations.
    gohard123 wrote: »
    You should actually compare the Goldpool arena to the 4* featured as 5* are the highest tier of champions allowed in the arena. It is easier to garner more points in the 5* featured arena than the Goldpool arena

That's completely irrelevant for a comparison of rank rewards, which this is.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    gohard123 wrote: »

That's completely irrelevant for a comparison of rank rewards, which this is.

true
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Youre complaining about the ranked rewards not being equal but yet milestones rewards contain 100k gold and 20k bc which is greatly higher than other arenas.
    This event is based on gold hence deadpool breaking the bank, pools gold and mercs for the money
    Gold is the main focus not crystals
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I pulled Goldpool from a crystal. Unless you are willing to hit more than the first milestone, the arena will not pay out as much gold as if you just allow the ticket to be converted to gold.
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Youre complaining about the ranked rewards not being equal but yet milestones rewards contain 100k gold and 20k bc which is greatly higher than other arenas.
    This event is based on gold hence deadpool breaking the bank, pools gold and mercs for the money
    Gold is the main focus not crystals

They didn't advertise it as an arena with extra gold and battle chips. They advertised it as big rewards with 5* and 6* shards. I have 10M+ gold. I wouldn't have tried for a ticket if they had advertised it accurately.