**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Consider Altering AW Map Itself, change pathing and linked nodes

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
So, recently it came to light that the idea is that war shouldn't be 100% every time. Here is the thing, with the scoring the boss kill is always the most important thing to accomplish on a map. In the current map design, only 7 of the 55 nodes can be skipped if you want to fight the boss without fighting through linked buffs. This map is pretty much designed to force 100% or darn near it, when priority 1 is a boss kill and you have to clear 48 nodes to do that at minimum.

So, if the goal is that 100% every time isn't the standard, the map needs an overhaul. It could just be linked nodes maybe, but I personally thing changing the layout of the map would be ideal. I think the ideal design would be something that facilitates attack strategies into like a min/mid/max or min/mid/max/max+ setup. Here is what I mean...

Minimum: 5 lanes needed to be cleared to have all path (on those 5 lanes) and boss linked nodes down. These lanes have the easier buffs on the map.
Mid: Minimum strategy plus 2 higher difficultly lanes for 7 lanes total. These 2 lanes have linked nodes to max strat lanes below.
Max: Mid strategy plus 2 of the highest difficultly lanes for 9 lanes total. These 2 lanes have linked nodes to max+ strat lane below.
Max+: Would be adding a 10th lane that has buffs equivalent to mini boss level strength.

This sort of map allows an alliance to get to it's first goal and explore different strategies about how to do so. The current map doesn't, which is why it is 100% all day every day. It wouldn't have to be exactly as I just laid out, but a map that gives multiple attack strategies would go a long way towards facilitating the results that are apparently desired.

Comments

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    And please make it symmetrical, the current layout drives my OCD nuts.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    if Kabam doesn't want boss kills 100% of the time they also need to lower the amount of points awarded for a boss kill. Boss kills are a substantial amount of your total points currently. As long as it's 20,000 points per boss, alliances will do everything they can to get there.
    if Kabam doesn't want boss kills 100% of the time they also need to lower the amount of points awarded for a boss kill. Boss kills are a substantial amount of your total points currently. As long as it's 20,000 points per boss, alliances will do everything they can to get there.

I believe they said they didn't want the map 100% cleared.

But the boss kills force pretty close to 100% cleared and the only real difficult nodes left over are Maso and BioHazard (only if you brought the wrong champs, which why would you it's not a surprise).
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    The logic behind not wanting the map cleared is baffling. You basically want to create impossible content and have people spend money on it?????

Why would I spend money on something I can't finish?

Please can someone explain to me the purpose of this? Besides trying to make all their customers quit?
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    The logic behind not wanting the map cleared is baffling. You basically want to create impossible content and have people spend money on it?????

Please can someone explain to me the purpose of this? Besides trying to make all their customers quit?

Top end players breeze through the map currently.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Gabbros wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »

Top end players breeze through the map currently.

Their pilots do usually, but that doesn't answer the question. Why would a company want content impossible, no one will want to play it then.
    edited June 2018
    “No one” means people at your level?

If u lack the skill, maybe you are more suited to a lower tier aw map from where you are playing at.

When there is tougher content, the challenge will increase and skill will be more apperent. Currently top alliances use little pots. kill bosses in one shot usually. I would personally like to see bosses needing more than 1-2 tries even for those with the best of skill.

Stop blaming everything to pilots. This is not season1...
    edited June 2018
    As far as OP’s post, i think we will have to see first the new map. I do agree that there needs less linked nodes or link nodes shouldnt b impossible or too much of a money grab to knock it down noded.

When updated some nodes in the past and added defender remaining points, they said they did not want people skipping lanes. I disagreed with this statement back then. I think looking for ways around and finishing the boss is legit strategy.
    Gabbros wrote: »
    As far as OP’s post, i think we will have to see first the new map. I do agree that there needs less linked nodes or link nodes shouldnt b impossible or too much of a money grab to knock it down noded.

When updated some nodes in the past and added defender remaining points, they said they did not want people skipping lanes. I disagreed with this statement back then. I think looking for ways around and finishing the boss is legit strategy.

I think a new map could get to their stated goal. I agree it's different that what I've heard in the past about goals, I remember that lane skipping stuff too.

If you end up with a map that 95% of the time is not completed 100%, but doesn't penalize you for missing the huge boss kill points, I think you're in a spot where alliances can pick their strategies to fit who they are. Seems ideal.
    Any more feedback?