New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Member Posts: 357 ★★
    Arenas are pretty much outa the question. I hate missing the alpha and T4b ones 😖
  • Omegaquan86Omegaquan86 Member Posts: 6
    iPhone 7
    My phone is overheating an also logging me out the game. I missed mostly the whole wasp arena among other things. I don’t want my phone to explode
  • IanMooneIanMoone Member Posts: 640 ★★
    edited July 2018
    The game restarts everytime i switch between line app and game or even when replying a quick text....honestly its annoying as the game restarts more then i can count lol
  • SaikologicalSaikological Member Posts: 45
    Ive also stopped playing. Just log in for the daily, thats it.
    I have serious doubts that kabam will be able to fix this.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Member Posts: 276
    i have read every page in this thread . The only feedback has been the members/player. kabam are investigating. Person on youtube says testng is being carried development server. kabam are still looking volunteers to preform test. .. Another members says day 6 for this problem. Not sure when this problem will be fixed
  • BapoiBapoi Member Posts: 995 ★★★
    At this point, even a preliminary update as to how tests are going would be nice @Kabam Miike or @Ad0ra_ .

I can play on ipad, but not for long stretches. The battery just drains dry too fast. Phone I’m not even touching.
    Please, an average of how things are now would help. Even a negative update is an update..
  • RishinRishin Member Posts: 7
    m45gmi1jfh2e.png
    It has happened for third time in a day now tell me what to do about it...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,952 ★★★★★
    Crashes like that always existed, it's nothing new. It can be a performance issue or something related. Or probably it has something to do with the last problems on iOs devices, which they are already being "fixed"
  • JShaikhJShaikh Member Posts: 1
    My iPhone 7 crashed, after sometime and reboots after sometimes. I fear that my phone will get bricked.
    Kabam, you need to fix this please. I have raised a ticket.
    Username: JShaikh
  • FixxxFixxx Member Posts: 234
    StrayPool wrote: »
    Well, we might be looking at the end of the game this time. As of about 10 minutes ago, I got word from some Alliance mates via Facebook; our leader's iPhone 7 blew up in her hands. She's heading to the Accident and Emergency: if it turns out the overheating caused this, there might be blood on this app's hands. Of all the things to put you in a hospital.

Any update on this?
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Member Posts: 17
    JAQRIPP wrote: »
    I have the answer for overheating iPhones. Cold beer!
    vkp93c79mwhu.jpeg

Looks more like a good way to beat up a can of beer until it explodes! 😂

In all seriousness though, an update on how the beta testing is going and an estimate of when a fix will be released would be greatly appreciated please @Ad0ra_
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Member Posts: 17
    *heat, not beat.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Member Posts: 443 ★★
    im going to start bu saying i had 2 issues from the 19.0 update, 1 my device (iphone8+) was over heating after 20 mins in game. 2) parry, evade, dashing back, and block disnt work often enough to get through endgame content without eating a combo or 2. My issues have been solved as far as i can tell by downloading apples 12.0 public beta. so heres on obvious suggestion to kabam going forward. RELEASE UPDATES WITH SOFTWARE TO COINCIDE WITH APPLE OR ANDROIDS RELEASE DATE. these issues all couldve been avoided if kabam waited until ios12 went live and released theyre 19.0 or a week after just to troubleshoot. the fact that nobody at kabam forsaw issues with releasing an update for software before the ios update was out is par for the course here at kabam. however im more about offering solutions than finger pointing though ill do both here. again kabam please wait till ios or androids updates are actually out before releasing your update that goes with said android or ios update. simple fix....
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Member Posts: 235 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Seriously. How about some of that communication you keep promising us?
  • chrissbjordannchrissbjordann Member Posts: 120
    dvmnjeh5ynpi.png

I don’t usually keep track of how much battery percentage the game takes up but with all the issues and overheating I figured I’d take a look. My phone has been overheating but once it does I quit the game for fear of harming my battery. My question is does 49% usage seem normal for only 1.7 hrs of on screen time? It seems high to me but like I said I’ve never looked and don’t keep track. Hopefully someone out there has looked before and knows how much battery the game actually uses and could give me some feedback. Thanks.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Holy **** how long is this going to last. This is ridiculous. Not sure what the problem is with Kabam. There's no reason not to give updates every once in a while. They should be giving them at least twice a day even if you don't have much to report. Treat your customers with some damn respect.
  • WiMakWiMak Member Posts: 359 ★★
    edited July 2018
    @chrissbjordann There is nothing unusual there. If you play the game a lot it will always be really high. Mine is usually around 80% :-)

That is not to say everything is working fine. Only that that particular stat isn’t suspicious...
  • Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2018
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Ahab I know you guys are knee deep in this Beta Testing but any update would be appreciated. Even if there is a small amount of good news, bad news or even NO news. I am sure that people would also appreciate the OPEN COMMUNICATION that was previously promised. A lot of people spend a lot of money on YOUR product(s) and your product has been attributed to affecting many people phones/tablets. Please, Please, Please provide updates as to how the Beta Testing is going and some type of timeline as when this will be resolved!
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Member Posts: 357 ★★
    Kal_El3652 wrote: »
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Ahab I know you guys are knee deep in this Beta Testing but any update would be appreciated. Even if there is a small amount of good news, bad news or even NO news. I am sure that people would also appreciate the OPEN COMMUNICATION that was previously promised. A lot of people spend a lot of money on YOUR product(s) and your product has been attributed to affecting many people phones/tablets. Please, Please, Please provide updates as to how the Beta Testing is going and some type of timeline as when this will be resolved!

I agree. I hvnt been on the forums lately because of aggravation. Has there been any update? I’m guessing no

• Beholder_VBeholder_V Member Posts: 190
    I am ALL for open communication, but they do have to be careful with what they put out. If they put out information that people misinterpret as a possible resolution and start following it, then those people will hold Kabam responsible if it doesn't work or even makes things worse. Kind of a Catch 22 situation. The last update Miike put out was that they think they have narrowed down the specific combination of OS and game version that causes the overheating issue, which of all the current issues is by FAR the most important, so that's probably what the devs are focusing on right now. I wouldn't expect any meaningful update on that topic until they have a fix ready to deploy.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    I am ALL for open communication, but they do have to be careful with what they put out. If they put out information that people misinterpret as a possible resolution and start following it, then those people will hold Kabam responsible if it doesn't work or even makes things worse. Kind of a Catch 22 situation. The last update Miike put out was that they think they have narrowed down the specific combination of OS and game version that causes the overheating issue, which of all the current issues is by FAR the most important, so that's probably what the devs are focusing on right now. I wouldn't expect any meaningful update on that topic until they have a fix ready to deploy.

Except that's bull **** because different OS versions experience the same symptoms.

Kabam always wants to throw shade at everything else but their app, so they point to your device, your network, your OS... it's just BS

I'll make it real simple. NO ONE had these overheating issues before 19.0. People on iOS 11.4 had NO issues before 19.0.

ALMOST ALL iOS users are experiencing overheat issues now. iOS 10, 11, and even 12.

The issue is 100% MCOC and not Apple. The sooner they "own it" the sooner it will be fixed.
    I'm not sure you have all the data straight man. They have acknowledged that their code is causing the problem. What they reported on is a stage of troubleshooting. The OS isn't the problem, it's an interaction between the OS and the game code, just like 90% of all bugs. Maybe I picked up on that better because I work in this field for a living, but I thought that was clear. If you've seen my other posts, you'd know I'm no Kabam apologist, but at this point they're pretty much stuck in a holding pattern until there's actually something verifiably concrete to report.
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    I'm not sure you have all the data straight man. They have acknowledged that their code is causing the problem. What they reported on is a stage of troubleshooting. The OS isn't the problem, it's an interaction between the OS and the game code, just like 90% of all bugs. Maybe I picked up on that better because I work in this field for a living, but I thought that was clear. If you've seen my other posts, you'd know I'm no Kabam apologist, but at this point they're pretty much stuck in a holding pattern until there's actually something verifiably concrete to report.

I understand what you are saying 100%! However, I was running an older version of my iOS and my phone started overheating and shutting down, not thinking that the issue was the game I decided to upgrade to 11.4.1 and the issue was still happening. What we are looking for is saying “hey we are still working on the issue” or “we think we have identified a possible cause of the issue”... SOMETHING! Radio silence is worse than anything else.
    Ya, a reassuring "Hey, troubleshooting is progressing" message would be nice. They are notably quiet in times like this.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Member Posts: 200
    I dont know if its affecting my phone but the overheating and lagging is getting worse, I cant even do 2 fights now without missing parries or evading due to the lag.

I hope this gets fixed soon. I know you guys are really working for and its appreciated.

Just venting. sorry
    Alex_sc11 wrote: »
    I dont know if its affecting my phone but the overheating and lagging is getting worse, I cant even do 2 fights now without missing parries or evading due to the lag.

I hope this gets fixed soon. I know you guys are really working for and its appreciated.

Just venting. sorry

If it’s overheating then it’s damaging your battery/phone!
  • FuriousmasterFuriousmaster Member Posts: 17
    Hi all I have same issue my phone overheating lot lot my phone got dammaged my touch screen have Been damaged by heat and no more working I send my phone to repair shop to see if they can repair it my phone is Sony Xperia z5 premium android
  • Run477Run477 Member Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    It’s been what, a week or so since al of these reports began surfacing that the latest update is frying everyone’s phones? Is legal telling the mods to keep quiet bc they are worried about lawsuits now? It is crazy to me that kabam hasn’t figured out what is causing our phones to be fried at this point.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Member Posts: 903 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    It’s been what, a week or so since al of these reports began surfacing that the latest update is frying everyone’s phones? Is legal telling the mods to keep quiet bc they are worried about lawsuits now? It is crazy to me that kabam hasn’t figured out what is causing our phones to be fried at this point.

There is an ongoing beta test with an associated thread. RIF.
  • Run477Run477 Member Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »

There is an ongoing beta test with an associated thread. RIF.

So in a month after phones are fried there might be a solution?
This discussion has been closed.