**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• RaddMannRaddMann Posts: 6
    Hi im using iPhone 7 plus over a year until iOS 10.3.1. I updated to iOS 11.0 accidentally and faced with the memory problem but only with Contest Of Champions. When i changed to another app and want to back to the MCOC it restarts itself and even sometimes i pause the game to check other apps so i lost lots of progressin becuase of this issue. Wanted to get back to 10.3 but couldnt downgrade to 10.3 because Apple gave up to sign of ios 10. So waited over months that the problem solved by Apple and tried all updated ios systems including 12 beta but i have the same problem. So i finally understood after especially in 1 year its all about your game. Please update the memory management libraries on programming files or whatever you do to solve this issue. I will hit phone to wall or totally give up playing MCOC because of this. I hope you read what i wrote because i know theres a lot of player facing with this issue. I want you to solve this issue adap. Thanks...
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Honestly who cares if that photo was fake. While sharing fake photos isn't something I would do there's been plenty of real damaged phones shared, one fake doesn't negate the rest. If you have enough time to reverse look up photos you have enough ******* time to give us updates. Or fix the game and all this goes away.

They’re in liability damage control mode. Or they are truly reaching out to each person who posted a photo to follow up and offer assistance, etc. Which of those you believe depends on what color the sky is in your world.... ;)
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    ALL members

Battery Drain, (overheats and shutdown device) problem is still ongoing

Reminder - If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Not sure how much damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

It seems to be getting worse

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    Any updates on the problem?
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Geisøn wrote: »

They announced a delay to AW season 3 with no timeline to start it. So their investigation, I presume, also has no sure timeline. That is all we can guess.
  • JdrizzleJdrizzle Posts: 9
    At first I just thought the overheating was from when I uploaded my mixtape 😂😂😂
  • OxCOxC Posts: 57
    Same here, phone getting insanely hot (with or without the case on). I’m a bit worried as to what will happen to my £1149 iPhone X if I continue to run the game.

Also still having lags and SP not triggering (iPhone X issue). Some people have put this down to positioning but I have tested and re-tested and I am definitely hitting the sp button and it does not respond again and again.

iOS 11.4
    IPhone X
    Wifi
    O2 - UK
  • Duke12202Duke12202 Posts: 28
    IOS 11.4.1
    iPhone 7
    Verizon
    WiFi

Phone overheats and shuts down. Purchased phone in October. The battery heath since the recent MCOC update dropped it to 97%
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    D_Ace_71 wrote: »
    Geisøn wrote: »

They announced a delay to AW season 3 with no timeline to start it. So their investigation, I presume, also has no sure timeline. That is all we can guess.

That way it gets very complicated. I have not been able to raise funds for days. In addition, playing AW and AQ is impossible because of overheating. What a loss, my God.
  • I’m so over this **** fest of a company.
    My phone is so hot that my fingers hurt from playing.
    My battery health has gone down to 93%.
    I’ve put in a complaint about Kabam and this game to Apple.
    Their ‘sorry for any inconvenience caused’ message is bull, it isn’t inconvenient, it is disgusting, your product is not fit for purpose and you do not know how to fix this.
    Meanwhile you’re treating us all like idiots. I’m seriously considering taking legal action
  • Brandonius wrote: »
    Kabam Support has ignored my tickets regarding my damaged iPhone. This thread is intended to be ONLY for those with iPhones with actual physical damage. This should be enabled to be a standalone thread as it shows a very specific problem that needs to be addressed soon and with a particular amount of attention.

It is my intention to HALT ALL SPENDING with Kabam until this is resolved. I recommend all effected users to do the same.

Please keep it true to its intention.

iPhone 6.
    11.4.1 iOS
    Telus Mobility
    4lmiyecdt5d5.png
    da45xf4xhia6.jpeg
    fik9fu7kny3f.jpeg
    qe99c3b13hxa.jpeg
    w3tnkb4shpif.jpeg

OS - iOS 11.4
    Device Model - iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier - Sprint 32.0
    Wifi or Cellular Network - Sprint

My phone has been overheating and split open at the edge.

MCOC Username - Caleb Nathaniel
    NEO wrote: »
    I just want the game fixed. I will eat the loss on this iPhone it’s my secondary device and not worth my time to seek restitution. I will not put my primary device at risk until this is 100% resolved. I’m very disappointed...ib3sszqrsk2a.jpeg

Hey @Ad0ra_
    You came out from your cave and busted a fake photo of a crash iPhone
    Claps claps claps
    What about all those ppl who posted a real photo of their iPhone ????
    what about those ppl they bought their iPhones by THEIR MONEY and saw them crashed couse of your game???
    Βούλωνε μωρή τρελοπιπατζου που θα πουλήσεις και πνεύμα γαμω το σάπιο μουνι σου ψωλαρπαχτρα
    Go back to your cave και Καβάλα κανα χομοσαπιενς μωρη τσικνομουνα!!!!!
    Cheers!!!
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Brandonius wrote: »
    Kabam Support has ignored my tickets regarding my damaged iPhone. This thread is intended to be ONLY for those with iPhones with actual physical damage. This should be enabled to be a standalone thread as it shows a very specific problem that needs to be addressed soon and with a particular amount of attention.

It is my intention to HALT ALL SPENDING with Kabam until this is resolved. I recommend all effected users to do the same.

iPhone 6.
    11.4.1 iOS
    Telus Mobility
    4lmiyecdt5d5.png
    da45xf4xhia6.jpeg
    fik9fu7kny3f.jpeg
    qe99c3b13hxa.jpeg
    w3tnkb4shpif.jpeg

OS - iOS 11.4
    Carrier - Sprint 32.0

I just want the game fixed. I will eat the loss on this iPhone it’s my secondary device and not worth my time to seek restitution. I will not put my primary device at risk until this is 100% resolved. I’m very disappointed...ib3sszqrsk2a.jpeg

Hey @Ad0ra_
    You came out from your cave and busted a fake photo of a crash iPhone
    Claps claps claps
    What about all those ppl who posted a real photo of their iPhone ????
    what about those ppl they bought their iPhones by THEIR MONEY and saw them crashed couse of your game???
    Βούλωνε μωρή τρελοπιπατζου που θα πουλήσεις και πνεύμα γαμω το σάπιο μουνι σου ψωλαρπαχτρα
    Go back to your cave και Καβάλα κανα χομοσαπιενς μωρη τσικνομουνα!!!!!
    Cheers!!!

Mine is real damage. But I don’t expect to be reimbursed, sadly. The phone is past warranty so I guess that’s that...
  • NEO wrote: »
    Brandonius wrote: »

iPhone 6.
    11.4.1 iOS
    Telus Mobility
    4lmiyecdt5d5.png
    da45xf4xhia6.jpeg
    fik9fu7kny3f.jpeg
    qe99c3b13hxa.jpeg
    w3tnkb4shpif.jpeg

OS - iOS 11.4
    Carrier - Sprint 32.0

I just want the game fixed. I will eat the loss on this iPhone it’s my secondary device and not worth my time to seek restitution. I will not put my primary device at risk until this is 100% resolved. I’m very disappointed...[img]https://us.v-cdn.Mine is real damage. But I don’t expect to be reimbursed, sadly. The phone is past warranty so I guess that’s that...[/img]

I believe it is true
    we have over 60 pages with same incidents , but those losers are not interested in any of us
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    ALL members

Battery Drain, (overheats and shutdown device) problem is still ongoing

Reminder - If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Not sure how much damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

It seems to be getting worse

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    iPhone 7 plus
    IOS 11.4
    ATT

Already submitted a ticket awhile ago. Overheating. If Apple will void warranty for using the game? Shouldn’t they remove it from the App Store? I know it’s not all devices. But it sounds like it’s enough.
  • JdrizzleJdrizzle Posts: 9
    Anyone else having issues with other apps ? It seems after the game crashes like my music app and Facebook don’t work until I completely power down
  • Iphone 6s
    ios: 11.4

Ever since the most recent game update, I've been noticing serious in-game lag. Upon logging in and starting a quest, the first couple of fights will be normal and then the lag will kick it where loading screens take forever and the lag is so bad in the fight it's impossible to play. Also, my phone gets really hot when playing MCOC. This didn't happen before the most recent game update.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Jdrizzle wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with other apps ? It seems after the game crashes like my music app and Facebook don’t work until I completely power down

Happens quiet frequently. I even miss phone calls and texts with no notifications. After closing the game out my phone is completely unresponsive. It’s a complete mess

• Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 153 ★★
    Hello Kabam,

I see you are investigating overheating and crashing on IOS devices, but how comes not on android as I have been experiencing exactly the same problems as everyone else?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 16
    Not really sure why a Kabam mod hasn’t thought it a good idea to post on this thread that they’re asking for volunteers for a beta test to try and fix this overheating issue on iOS.
    At least it’s some progress.
    Read the 1st post page 1 here for info on signing up.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81266/ios-beta-test-volunteers-needed#latest
  • RodgRodg Posts: 1
    Same thing here and it’s really frustrating, can’t participate in arena. Had several crashes during aq and twice during aw, guess what I didn’t get the full attack bonus.. instead I got the honours to buy some more healthpots and heal up, that’s during off season aswell. The legend time went bananas, but the most frustrating thing really is that I’ve had to buy several pots for aq/aw and I’m running out of glory and units. So what’s really happening and when is it gonna be fixed?
    Best regards from a frustrated player..
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    Here here I am having the same problem in the arena I get kicked out every couple of hours and have to reload the game you can see it coming the screen starts glitching and then it's crashed again it hasn't cost me my streak yet but I think that's more luck than judgement so come kabam what the hell have you done and how fast are you going to fix it because at this rate the server's are going to give up the ghost sooner rather than later
  • HerrPopopHerrPopop Posts: 185
    My game hasn't been loading on 5 DIFFERENT DEVICES.

I've been missing out on aq,aw,alliance events,solo events,daily calendar...

Tried on Xperia Z1
    Xperia Z5 Premium
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Huawei Honor 9
    Apple iPad 4

@Kabam Miike
    Care to comment?
  • weapon_xtreme83weapon_xtreme83 Posts: 110
    I know they'll ask so I use a Samsung Galaxy Tablet and an LG Phone. Yesterday it was the connection issue. Today about every 30 minutes the game force closes and I have to restart it. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem more frequently today?
  • It’s really all I’m after, a game that loads, plays without lag or bugs. That’d be great.
  • RAGE2k17RAGE2k17 Posts: 13
    I played today for about 20 minutes and then the game stopped and my iPhone restarted itself.

I don't know what should I do but if this continues it may hurt my iPhone (especially afters all those restarts I had to do due to overheating earlier this week)
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Am I the only one experiencing increased lag? I know lag has always been a problem but I've never seen it this bad. I've even stopped playing the current event because of it. Everytime the opponent releases a special, the frame rate goes back to the stone ages. It's especially visible with X23 and Ghost's SP2s, which have made completing uncollected almost impossible for me without wasting units, revives and potions.
  • aiktow4uaiktow4u Posts: 72
    part of the new update troubles i here the chess board never gets force closed. thinking of returning to board games.
This discussion has been closed.