Champion Spotlight - Wasp

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,857
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Does her Quantum Evade work like other evades, or does this evade always have a counter hit to it?

Sometimes Spider-Man or Nightcrawler will evade and then back up instead of attacking into you, or you can react fast enough to evade back when they do.

Will this be possible against Wasp, or will she always hit you when a Quantum Evade is activated? From the video with adora on twitter it looks like wasp hits as she is shrinking. @1:44 for reference.

If she always counter attacks does that counter attack always crit, and does this crit count as one of the two crits from shrinking down? Is this counter attack a medium or a light attack or something else?

So, her Evade is like Astral Evade. It will "hit" but the Hit doesn't deal damage itself, it's from the Shock Debuff that is applied. Also, it does not Crit, and does not count as one of the two from shrinking down.

Can I ask what the design process was behind this? You know people hate evade, they hate the 3% chance that widow has, they detest the 7% or whatever spark has and they absolutely loathe the 25% chance spidey has. People post on the forums enough for kabam to know that people hate evade.

Since no champ (except iceman) can completely 100% cancel out evade, why on Earth was there a decision made that there would be a champ with the highest (to date) random evade chance and not to mention that this champion completely removes iceman as a counter. Then, even further insult to injury, this isn’t just a random evade that makes them dodge and you can recover, it’s just a 28% chance to hit you.

You know that at higher difficulty content, with this sort of damage this will be a 1 or 2 evades and then death. That means the counters like crossbones or Karnak, falcon or black widow, or the usual evade counters that are suggested, will not be useful here. Killmonger perhaps would be, Corvus and Proxima too. But why create a champ that drives such a divide between the have’s and have nots? Wasn’t that why 12.0 happened? Please Miike, take your time or whatever, but please give us some insight on what happens to make character designers think this is good for the playerbase.

You already know the answer why they design champs that make old ones abilities moot. It's all about the Benjamin's

I’d like to see what the official response is.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 710
    Does her Quantum Evade work like other evades, or does this evade always have a counter hit to it?

Sometimes Spider-Man or Nightcrawler will evade and then back up instead of attacking into you, or you can react fast enough to evade back when they do.

Will this be possible against Wasp, or will she always hit you when a Quantum Evade is activated? From the video with adora on twitter it looks like wasp hits as she is shrinking. @1:44 for reference.

If she always counter attacks does that counter attack always crit, and does this crit count as one of the two crits from shrinking down? Is this counter attack a medium or a light attack or something else?

So, her Evade is like Astral Evade. It will "hit" but the Hit doesn't deal damage itself, it's from the Shock Debuff that is applied. Also, it does not Crit, and does not count as one of the two from shrinking down.

Does it count as an actual hit that would disrupt an attacker's combo meter?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 198

If the counter is like Mordo's Astral Evade can she evade during an opponent's special or not?

Hyperion, Spider man (Stark Enhanced)
    • Wasp has a very low Health pool, keeping her stunned and dealing damage through Heavy Attacks will be a very efficient way to counter her.

Two part question I guess. This line says heavy attacks are an efficient way to counter her. Does that mean heavies can't trigger evade?
  • Riegel wrote: »

Can I ask what the design process was behind this? You know people hate evade, they hate the 3% chance that widow has, they detest the 7% or whatever spark has and they absolutely loathe the 25% chance spidey has. People post on the forums enough for kabam to know that people hate evade.

Since no champ (except iceman) can completely 100% cancel out evade, why on Earth was there a decision made that there would be a champ with the highest (to date) random evade chance and not to mention that this champion completely removes iceman as a counter. Then, even further insult to injury, this isn’t just a random evade that makes them dodge and you can recover, it’s just a 28% chance to hit you.

You know that at higher difficulty content, with this sort of damage this will be a 1 or 2 evades and then death. That means the counters like crossbones or Karnak, falcon or black widow, or the usual evade counters that are suggested, will not be useful here. Killmonger perhaps would be, Corvus and Proxima too. But why create a champ that drives such a divide between the have’s and have nots? Wasn’t that why 12.0 happened? Please Miike, take your time or whatever, but please give us some insight on what happens to make character designers think this is good for the playerbase.

So I see where you're coming from, but this is definitely not a case of "haves vs have nots".

I'm not going to give it away, because we really want to see you guys find it yourself, but countering Wasp is not dependent on the Champions you use. You don't need a Champion that suppresses or bypasses Evade, or reduces Ability Accuracy.

She has a very simple counter that you can find if you look through her Spotlight again.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 740

So I see where you're coming from, but this is definitely not a case of "haves vs have nots".

I'm not going to give it away, because we really want to see you guys find it yourself, but countering Wasp is not dependent on the Champions you use. You don't need a Champion that suppresses or bypasses Evade, or reduces Ability Accuracy.

She has a very simple counter that you can find if you look through her Spotlight again.

Please don't tell me you're referring to stunning and heavy attacks as the counter, as it was noted in the spotlight.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,857

Would you say if we found it?

All I can think of is “Whenever Wasp shrinks down, her next 2 hits will be critical, with +622 Attack Rating for each Debuff active on the opponent. Additionally, Counter Attack is disabled for 10 seconds.”

So baiting heavies and special attacks disable counter attack for 10 (minus the reduction from the signature ability)?
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 190
    Random observation: When facing Wasp in the Master Realm, her sig cited a 25% increase in likelihood to evade. Mind confirming whether it's supposed to be 20% of 25%?

5xtma2a4xb6q.png

Would you say if we found it?

All I can think of is “Whenever Wasp shrinks down, her next 2 hits will be critical, with +622 Attack Rating for each Debuff active on the opponent. Additionally, Counter Attack is disabled for 10 seconds.”

So baiting heavies and special attacks disable counter attack for 10 (minus the reduction from the signature ability)?

@BitterSteel - I faced Wasp this morning in the Master quest and can confirm that every time you bait a heavy or special, the timer for disabled evade resets. That makes her defensive mechanic really quite simple to bypass, with any champion.

As long as defensive synergies don't get fixed any time soon, I don't foresee her being a huge threat as is.
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 6,313
    Dizzy wrote: »
    Random observation: When facing Wasp in the Master Realm, her sig cited a 25% increase in likelihood to evade. Mind confirming whether it's supposed to be 20% of 25%?

5xtma2a4xb6q.png

Guess that is a 5-star wasp, right? Thesig ability on 5-star is higher
    Derp, yep that makes sense. For some reason I assumed that part of the sig wouldn't scale but that was silly of me.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 264

Until she is placed on a bleed immune node in AW
    Rotelly wrote: »

Still not an issue. You just need to bait the heavy or special 1/2. Wasp shrinks on all of those attacks, which disables her evade. She’s actually not difficult on defense at all once you grasp this mechanic.
    edited July 2018

Is this why you didn’t answer either of my questions? Specifically the one where I quoted the spotlight?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,709
    Dizzy wrote: »
    Rotelly wrote: »

Still not an issue. You just need to bait the heavy or special 1/2. Wasp shrinks on all of those attacks, which disables her evade. She’s actually not difficult on defense at all once you grasp this mechanic.

So a bit like Corvus's immunity, when she's at Max Sig, you get around four seconds of vulnerability; except it's after her heavies and specials, instead of yours?

That's good to know, but I think I'll stick with Black Widow for countering this particular champ.
  • 💪
  • VerguldVerguld Posts: 128
    edited July 2018
    Is wasp passive stun during her heavy suppose to bypass limber and stun/debuff immue nodes since it's a passive stun and not technically a debuff? @Kabam Miike
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 111
    She looks like more of an attacker than defender unless you have an Ant-Man and her evades becomes non-stop below 20% health.

Interesting factor is her SP3. I did a test on her:
    https://youtu.be/-1Sk5RZsKL4

Mine is 5 star R2. At this level 100 hits gets approximately 16433 damage.
    For a 4* R5 version, this should be more than 20K (+69 att rating vs +55 on mine).
    SP3 counter cap is at 600 which means at 5* R2, she can do around 100K from a single SP3

Unless I did a mistake somewhere :smile:
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,520
    EgeC wrote: »
    She looks like more of an attacker than defender unless you have an Ant-Man and her evades becomes non-stop below 20% health.

Interesting factor is her SP3. I did a test on her:
    https://youtu.be/-1Sk5RZsKL4

Mine is 5 star R2. At this level 100 hits gets approximately 16433 damage.
    For a 4* R5 version, this should be more than 20K (+69 att rating vs +55 on mine).
    SP3 counter cap is at 600 which means at 5* R2, she can do around 100K from a single SP3

Unless I did a mistake somewhere :smile:

This is not anything great. Compare her to some other champs who gain from combo hits like SL, Proxima.

Then compare her to other big damage dealers who don't need any combo. Sparky does 50k sp2 with 10 poise charges which he can get with zero combo hits.

600 combo is a big achievement. It is so big that SL finishes very single LoL opponent within that combo number (r4 5* finishes 3m hp opponents at around 400 combo hits)
  • Verguld wrote: »
    Is wasp passive stun during her heavy suppose to bypass limber and stun/debuff immue nodes since it's a passive stun and not technically a debuff? @Kabam Miike

Hey there, so the passive Stun from her heavy would not be shortened by the Limber node or mastery, since these are only designed to interact with Stun debuffs. We're updating the descriptions of the node and mastery to reflect that, since Wasp has our first passive Stun effect. The passive Stun also means that she can Stun a champion who is debuff immune, but not a champ who is Stun immune.
  • ISO9ISO9 Posts: 2
    Ss
  • ISO9ISO9 Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great champ
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 2,858
    KaZichao wrote: »
    Verguld wrote: »

Hey there, so the passive Stun from her heavy would not be shortened by the Limber node or mastery, since these are only designed to interact with Stun debuffs. We're updating the descriptions of the node and mastery to reflect that, since Wasp has our first passive Stun effect. The passive Stun also means that she can Stun a champion who is debuff immune, but not a champ who is Stun immune.

Let me get this right..

You weakened a champ, Archangel, who people took as 5* to R4, even R5 partly due to his uniqueness, ability to stun with neurotoxin, and that stun bypassed limber or debuff immunity on a node..
    Where you claimed champ doesnt work as expected, after almost 1.5 years.. And basically screwed up many people, me included..

And then, 2 months later.. You release a new champ, give him that "same" unique stun, and call it a passive stun..

Care to explain how is that fair?!?

It's not fair, it's call profit. They can't make any more money off of AA, so it's time to move on to the next champ.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447
    edited July 2018
    KaZichao wrote: »
    Verguld wrote: »

Let me get this right..

You weakened a champ, Archangel, who people took as 5* to R4, even R5 partly due to his uniqueness, ability to stun with neurotoxin, and that stun bypassed limber or debuff immunity on a node..
    Where you claimed champ doesnt work as expected, after almost 1.5 years.. And basically screwed up many people, me included..

And then, 2 months later.. You release a new champ, give him that "same" unique stun, and call it a passive stun..

Care to explain how is that fair?!?

It's not the "same" at all, have you played Wasp? You can only use to end your combo with a heavy
  • That evade and then damage back is going to stink in AW I just faced her in those pym micro event she evaded twice and I took a good amount of damage back. More unavoidable damage, celebrate good times come on.
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 82
    Question regarding how Wasp can chain a heavy into her combo. I have been able to perform this fairly routinely, but only by speeding up my combos. I generally slow down my combos out of habit to give myself time to react against evade champs to avoid getting punched in the face. It seems the only way I can chain a heavy into Wasp's combo is to speed it back up, leaving me wide open if the defender evades on me. I tried this in LOL, and sure enough the second combo Rulk evaded and I had no time to react since I was performing my combo's at a fast rate. Is this intentional, or am I missing something when it some to performing this trick with Wasp? It would be a lot more useful if I could still chain into a heavy while using a slow combo.
  • EBG78EBG78 Posts: 44

Her Sp3 has a damage cap at 600 Hits.

If she has a 75 hit combo, her attack rating at r4 should be 10,000+, correct? I would think this would mean that her s3 should do at least 50,000 damage in Labyrinth. That would mean around 3.3% health on Red Hulk. I just tested and it only did 1% damage. I also tested with a 100 hit combo against WS in Realm. It only did 6% damage (approximately 32,000 damage). He attack rating with 100 hit combo should be around 12,000. Shouldn’t she be doing WAY more damage with an s3 and those hit counts?
  • EBG78EBG78 Posts: 44
    Here is the damage from the 75 hit count s3 against Red Hulk in LoL