**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do I need to get into the forums to know basic stuff?

beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
I found the post about the "compensations" for the emergency maintenance. I am not going to discuss here whether these compensations are good or not. I found out that I was going to be able to go for Goldpool again, which is amazing, as I found the milestones actually good in comparison to other arenas, and who knows how close I could have gotten last time (it was out for most of a Saturday in New Zealand).

In any case, the only reason I found out about it, was because I remember the post in the forum that day of the emergency maintenance. And wondered how that ended. Had I not checked, I would have found out the day of the arena, possibly too late to make an extra effort.

Kabam, we have an inbox in the game. You don´t even have to deal with spam blockers there. You can keep us informed about these things. I do not want to come to the forums, unless the game is down and there is no other way to know what is going on. For day-to-day communications, I expect a message on my in-game inbox.

This is trend for Kabam, as it happened before, earlier this year, that I had to go to the forums to find out changes to the game and characters. There is, of course, certain things that I would expect to find in the forums and not in the inbox, like a list of known issues (that you should totally have, instead of us asking for old bugs the moment we find them for the first time), or update notes, and stuff like that.

But anything about events, compensations, anything that would require time and effort from our part, should be communicated. As a general rule, if you have to do a sticky post in the forum, consider if it should also go into the in-game communications.

I do not enjoy coming to the forums, and It is ok if everyone else does. But do not stop communicating through the main channel.