**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Special 3 Damage

I was fighting an adaptoid (1900 pi) and I was using GR (2800pi) I used a special 3 on him and did exactly 2% damage. He turns around uses his sp 3 and did 72% damage. Can anyone tell me how this is possible. I mean even if adaptoid had armor up which he didn't shouldn't my special have done more than 2% guys? Please tell me what I'm missing as it makes it extremely hard to advance when I have to hit him 75 times and he knocks me out after 10 hits! I need help!

Comments

• Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Mordo sp3 is causing only 7% damage? Maxed 4* against oppoopponents monthly quest
    And overall too, mordo sp3 is wayy too underpowered.

Intended?
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Gregory wrote: »
    I was fighting an adaptoid (1900 pi) and I was using GR (2800pi) I used a special 3 on him and did exactly 2% damage. He turns around uses his sp 3 and did 72% damage. Can anyone tell me how this is possible. I mean even if adaptoid had armor up which he didn't shouldn't my special have done more than 2% guys? Please tell me what I'm missing as it makes it extremely hard to advance when I have to hit him 75 times and he knocks me out after 10 hits! I need help!

Adaptoids don't have a Special 3, so if you want to know how it's possible, it isn't.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Ignoring the Adaptoid SP3 mixup, the underlying question from the OP is why his Champ's SP3 does so little damage.

The answer is actually quite simple: look at the amount of damage dealt, not the percentage. Your damage output is unchanged, but is a much smaller percentage of your opponent's health pool. This is because the adaptoids in this month's AQ are all attack & health. Their PI does not include any masteries. So their health pool is substantially higher than yours (at least 2x higher), and their attack rating is equally higher.

So when the game calculates your champ's PI, it includes all the little mini-buffs you get from synergies, masteries, sig level, champion abilities (like regen and bleed immunity) and boosts you're running. The Adaptoids don't have any of that. Just a huge health pool capable of hitting really hard.

If you were given an absolutely stripped down adaptoid to attack with that had the same abilities as your opponent and had the same health/attack as GR, your PI would be closer to 1k.

The adaptoids have absolutely no special abilities. Even their special attacks are basic versions of the champs they're replicating (no stun, no bleed, no armor break, etc). If the adaptoid had everything at his disposal that you do, his PI would be closer to 6k instead of 1900.

Adaptoid PI = Health + Attack
    GR PI = Health + Attack + Character Abilities + Masteries + Synergies + Boosts + Signature Ability
  • Options
    2% damage against a significantly larger health pool.

Regarding PI:
    The adaptoids only have 2 attributes: Health + Attack. That is why their PI is so low.
    Compare to your GR who has Health + Attack + Character Abilities + Sig Ability (if awakened) + Masteries + Synergies + boosts

If the adaptoid had everything at his disposal that you do, his PI would be closer to 6k
  • Options
    The actual amount of damage is unchanged. If he could do 3,000 damage via a SP3, he would still do 3,000 damage against the adaptoid.

However, most 2k PI champs only have a health pool significantly smaller than the adaptoid.

For example, my 3/30 Colossus (PI 2600) has 9,600 health, so a 3k hit would be over 30% damage. That same 3k damage against a 96,000 health champ would only be 3%. In both cases, you're doing the same amount of damage but significantly different percentages.

This is why it's important to only use the % as a judge of how far you are and what you have left.
  • Options
    MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I’d love to see an adaptoid sp3.
  • Options
    GregoryGregory Posts: 6
    Sorry for the confusion as I had said the adaptid use a sp3 on me and I meant a sp2 however I would like to thank the community for their answers especially those that assumed the sp3 was a typo regarding the adaptoid.
    The most help was from Dexman1349 the way you explained itsir was clear, intelligent and for the most part simple. Peercentages would be far different because our base health's are far different. So thank you again Dexman1349 I can start glueing my hair back in from where I was pulling it out.