**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New mini boss nodes suck on a whole new level

NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
As the title says new mini boss nodes are worse than the boss node. Node 30 is absolutely ridiculous. Put r5 Medusa in there and just pray the opponents dont have a r5 hood or magik with them for counter. Aw sucks right now.

Comments

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Void can work. Other opponents are less friendly IMO. Health is way too high in the context of 300% health gain and masochism. Opponent will gain over 10K per debuff.

Adding overpowered nodes to overheated phones is a recipe for problems IMO.

The other little goodies of evolution and strength are underrated as problems.

It’s wrong headed thinking to make a map not meant to be completed and designed to make good players item out. Especially since you’re going to use a team revive for a single hero then multiple pots since those pots were designed with 4 star heroes in mind, not an r5 5 star.

There are a number of poorly conceived things unless a short term increase in revenue followed by a decrease with less satisfaction in playing the game is the desire. I’m perplexed with the direction of AW and the lack of focus on what makes a game fun.
  • I agree. War is no longer fun and a kick in the balls is we don’t have glory to heal now
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Well remember they removed defender kills, because it was demoralizing to players. But I guess making nodes that are meant to absolutely suck every unit and item from you is just good sportsmanship.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    The fun was sucked out of war with the announcement of seasons that created undue tension and stress within alliances. The new nodes are a multiplying factor. I'm dropping down before Season 3 starts. Not worth it.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    TBH it isnt THAT bad, it is hard though. Seems like only the top players in the alliance can take them down.But i do like that this is sort of going back to the old AW metric where maybe 1 battle group clears. I like the competitiveness though
    Rixob wrote: »
    TBH it isnt THAT bad, it is hard though. Seems like only the top players in the alliance can take them down.But i do like that this is sort of going back to the old AW metric where maybe 1 battle group clears. I like the competitiveness though

I don't think its the nodes view in a vacuum that suck. It's the culmination of another season on the horizon which creates stress, on top of the new nodes that will be in the seasons. Not to mention the games sole focus being AW right now. Just a bad combination. Kabam has put all its eggs in one basket, but then seemingly proceeded to throw that basket off the roof of a 20 story building.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    The day they announced the changes I said my goodbyes to my alliance. No way I was going to put myself through that much frustration and aggravation. Add in the return of prestige races in AQ for those T2 shards and I can’t understand why anyone would want to be in an alliance.
    Deli wrote: »
    So kabam made AW a challenge and now you want to quit? Since you can no longer %100 the map with ease the game is broke? That's a terrible mentality

Just for context. Please let everyone know what level you compete at, always important to have context.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Deli wrote: »
    So kabam made AW a challenge and now you want to quit? Since you can no longer %100 the map with ease the game is broke? That's a terrible mentality

Just for context. Please let everyone know what level you compete at, always important to have context.

I agree. Please let us know yours.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Master both seasons.

Deli is in gold.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Node 30 sucks period. buifiog5j6li.jpg
    Look at node 30 it's the worst possible node in war. Place Medusa r5 your guarantee for people to fail there unless u have Loki that's how my ally mate was able to beat her by stealing the buffs. Void if u have r5 Or magik or hood.
    There are counters but the nodes suck to an extreme masochism and add the 2 new nodes is too extreme