**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why are war rewards not going up to match the difficulty

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
Just a simple question, more mini bosses added, no reward changes?

Why not scale up the rewards per win/loss after a war?

Why not at least buff the crystal, yeah the main rewards are after the war, but don’t grant us a crystal for the hard work, just to get a 3* arena boost, it hurts, why not included decent level revives or potions in them? As a “well done here is a level 3 team revive for the next war” even if that’s the top prize at 5% chance or so on... but please at least edit the crystal it’s shockingly bad!

Season rewards I’ve heard will be cut in half due to the length of season being cut in half, but does this mean they also are not being touched to rise up and meet the new difficulty at top level?

If I’ve missed anything let me know, but I’m sure that the difficulty has risen and again the rewards lack behind untouched.

Comments

• Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    This question has already been asked numerous times kabam has yet to provide an explanation. Also if maps aren’t meant to be 100% anymore why hasn’t the threshold for exploration in order to receive full rewards been lowered?
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    I fear a lot of people will give up on AW and this will hit kabam back in their face.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    This question has already been asked numerous times kabam has yet to provide an explanation.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the reason why war rewards haven't been increased is that in the viewpoint of the designers the size of the reward is based on how difficult it is to win the war, and how difficult it is to win the war is a function of the strength of the competition, not the difficulty of the map. No matter how easy or difficult the map is, one side is going to win and one side is going to lose. Kabam probably believes that making the map harder to reduce the frequency of 100% complete exploration doesn't make it harder to win the war, it only makes it harder to fully explore the map.

If that's the case, they are not entirely wrong, but I think this somewhat misses the point of why cranking up the difficulty of the maps is problematic in the first place.