Champion Spotlight - Ghost

Ghost enters The Contest July 19th at 10AM PDT!

About Ghost:
You can't fight what you don't know, and nobody seems to know anything about who Ghost is or how she can do the things she can do. Feared and admired in the criminal underworld for her ability to phase through solid walls, Ghost's true intentions are as elusive as she is, though one thing is for sure: she's interested in getting her hands on all the Pym Tech she can find. Her advanced technology combined with her skill in combat make her a force to be reckoned with.​

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 14216
Attack: 1294
Max PI:
• Without Signature: 3693
• With Signature (99): 4469

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 28502
Attack: 2595
Max PI:
• Without Signature: 7429
• With Signature (200): 10070

Character Class: Tech

Basic Abilities: Phasing, Precision, Cruelty, Fury

Dash Back
• Begin Phasing for 2 seconds. Phasing won’t activate if Ghost is afflicted with an Armor Break Debuff or has a Precision Passive.

*** Developer Note: Just to clarify, Ghost is not required to Dash Back to avoid an incoming attack to trigger Phasing. She only needs to Dash Back to trigger the ability, regardless of what the opponent is doing.

Phasing
• Upon Phasing, gain a Precision Passive for 6 seconds which guarantees the next hit to be Critical and consumes the Precision Passive. Ghost can only land Critical Hits through her abilities.

*** Developer Note: You want to be dashing in and out to cycle Phasing and landing Critical Hits. Dashing back triggers Phasing and Precision Passive, dashing in with a Medium Attack guarantees a Critical Hit consuming the Precision Passive which then allows Ghost to activate Phasing immediately.

• While Phasing, incoming attacks have a 100% chance to Miss and each Damage Over Time Debuff on Ghost converts to a Fury Passive increasing Attack Rating by 1294 for 5 seconds.
• Phasing is immediately deactivated when Ghost initiates an attack or Blocks an attack.

*** Developer Note: A Miss should never occur when you attempt to Parry with Ghost.

All Attacks
• Critical Hits cannot be Evaded.
• Non-Critical Hits have a 10% chance to gain a Cruelty Buff increasing Critical Damage Rating by 1333.33 for 20 seconds. Cruelty Buffs stack up to 5.
• When the opponent Evades, gain a Precision Passive for 6 seconds.

Heavy Attacks
• 50% chance for Fury, increasing your Attack by 647 for 10 seconds.
• The chance to gain a Cruelty Buff on a Heavy Non-Critical Hit increases the longer the Heavy Attack is charged.

*** Developer Note:: Holding the Heavy Attack until the very end will ensure that both hits provide a Cruelty Buff.

Special 1: Spectral Strike - Ghost unleashes a flurry of precise attacks before advancing into a backflip kick.
• Gain 3 Precision Passives for 6 seconds.
• When triggered immediately upon Phasing, each hit is a guaranteed Critical.

*** Developer Note: To utilize this effectively, you want to ensure that you Dash Back, trigger Phasing, and immediately throw a Special 1 or Special 2. Her Synergy with Wasp greatly helps getting the damage in as it provides Unblockable Specials while Phasing.

Special 2: Exploit Weakness - Ghost catches the opponent off guard with kicks to the chest ending with a drop kick from above.
• Gain a Cruelty Buff increasing Critical Damage Rating by 1333.33 for 20 seconds, then refresh all Cruelty Buffs generated by Ghost.
• When triggered immediately upon Phasing, each hit is a guaranteed Critical.

Special 3: Relentless Onslaught - Ghost advances on the opponent, quickly Phasing in and out, avoiding their attacks and countering with her own.
• Each Cruelty Buff generated by Ghost converts to a permanent Cruelty Passive. Cruelty Passives stack up to 5.

Signature Ability: Quantum Augmentation - Improved technology provides Ghost greater control over Phasing. She begins the fight Phasing and while it’s active, opponent’s Missed attacks provide her Power.
• At the start of the fight, begin Phasing for 2 seconds.
• When opponents Miss, generate 5% of Max Power per Miss.

*** Developer Note: This is very effective against opponent’s with multi-hit Special Attacks.

Synergy Bonuses

Formidable Foe with Ant-Man. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate
synergies.
• Ghost: +15% Attack for each Buff on Ghost.
• Ant-Man: +15% Attack for each Debuff on the opponent.

Microscopic Observation with Wasp. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate
synergies.
• Ghost: Special Attacks are Unblockable when triggered while Phasing.

The Untouchables with The Hood. Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate
synergies.
• Ghost: Take no damage while Phasing.
• The Hood: Start the fight Invisible.

*** Developer Note: Taking no damage while Phasing may seem redundant as Ghost can shrug off Damage Over Time Debuffs but for certain types of damage it can be quite useful. For example, Iceman’s Frostbite damage can be negated if timed correctly or other sources of passive damage.

Recommended Masteries:
• Cruelty / Lesser Cruelty
Since Ghost has great control over her Critical Hits, she doesn't need to rely on Precision but boosting Cruelty will help increase her damage.
Liquid Courage / Double Edge
• While Phasing, Ghost will be able to convert both the Bleed Debuff and Poison Debuff applied from Liquid Courage and Double Edge into Fury Passives. This turns the downside of these two Masteries into upsides!
Extended Fury
• Ghost’s Heavy Attack is a great way to build up her damage with Cruelty Buffs and Fury Buffs. Extending Fury duration will help keep her damage consistent longer.

Strong Matchups:
Iceman
• When Ghost Phases, she will convert all Coldsnap Debuffs into Fury Passives. In addition, with the The Hood Synergy, Ghost will take no damage while she’s Phasing. The Phasing can be timed when Frostbite’s expire to avoid taking that damage.
Nightcrawler
• All of Ghost’s Critical Hits cannot be Evaded AND if the opponent Evades, Ghost gains a Precision Passive which guarantees her next hit to be Critical. Cycling Special 1 is a great way to maintain Precision Passives.
Bleed & Poison Nodes
• Ghost’s Phasing ability converts Damage over Time Debuffs into Fury Passives which works against Bleed and Poison Nodes found in Quests.

Weak Matchups:
Armor Break
• When Ghost’s is inflicted with Armor Break, she is unable to Phase. This shuts down a lot of her abilities.
Critical Resistance
• Almost all of Ghost’s damage is based on her abilities to land Critical Hits and can be negated when facing Champions with high Critical Resistance.
Corvus Glaive
• Corvus Glaive is able to easily apply Armor Breaks with Well-Timed Blocks and deal out lots of damage which can tear through Ghost quickly.

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 620
    Interesting abilities, she seems like a 'can't tell how good she is until we play her' type champ. Maybe the next corvus maybe not
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 446
    edited July 19
    Is she even playable without synergies? That looks dumb as hell
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 326
    Acanthus wrote: »

What do you mean? She doesnt gain that much from synergies
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 446
    Voltolos wrote: »

+25% attack, +15% attack per buff and unblockable specials is not much? Ok then
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 830
    So uh, seems cool, shame I couldn’t grind arena for her even if I wanted too...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,856
    Interesting abilities, she seems like a 'can't tell how good she is until we play her' type champ. Maybe the next corvus maybe not

Agreed, when I first read Corvus and Proxima’s abilities I thought, hmm Corvus looks very average, but Proxima looks awesome. Now, I have a rank 5 5* corvus!

I think you’ll need to test ghost for a few weeks before deciding whether she’s good or not. I’ve seen a few testing videos too on her and still can’t see how to properly use her to her max utility.
  • ron67mjrron67mjr Posts: 24
    I wanted to play. It will take 4milling just to get to the threshold. I just think this way to huge to spend all day and all night on a game to get one character. I i had a bad experience trying for Modok. I got to 2.2 million and was so tired that i missed it by just a few. I left feeling stupid for even trying. I took me one day to get that possible threshold and the thing is i didn't even know how long i was to play.
  • JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 50
    Thor is also a good Weak Matchup! He can apply easily armor break when parrying her.
  • JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 50
    sl4hbzr8fo50.png
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,358
    Are there any limits on the number of Precision passives she can stack?

Her Ant-Man synergy potentially works very well for him. Important question (as I have a 5-star Ant-Man and it's important for me!) - does he gain the extra damage per debuff (i.e. five Fatigue = +75%) or is it per unique debuff?
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 99
    DD classic can tear her invinsibility .. and the hood invinsibility as well. Dont get surprises as DD classic has this secret ability 😁
  • GamerGamer Posts: 2,514
    Josmanx wrote: »
    Thor is also a good Weak Matchup! He can apply easily armor break when parrying her.
    just put ghost one stun imune bom Thor Not good then

• Just use quake....
  • Danny_DohyunDanny_Dohyun Posts: 31
    edited July 20
    yugdnk83zze1.jpg
    Could you answer why ghost can't convert Dormamu's degen to fury when she dash back and phasing?
    Isn't it intentional behavior even it's an over time debuff??
    #KabamMiike
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 319
    she is way less effective and average without the wasp and antman huge difference epecially the wasp with the unblockable specials. ive had her for a couple days now in 5* and i will say she got some insane abilities. that doesnt translate to a great champion in this case without wasp and antman. very dissapointed in 2 things 1. shes synergy reliant. and 2. the phasing should last a second or 2 seconds longer its not long enought to avoid most difficult specials. oh and theres a 3rd the furies only last 6 seconds also when removing a debuff those shoulda been 20 seconds if all 3 of these things were done she be awesome champions shes still got uses just not exactly corvus glaive or domino. more like a tech spidey that doesnt work as well but hey just my imo and maybe as i play her more my opinion will change as to how much i like her, however the synergy reliance, the phasing and furiy length being too short also make ghost come up short imo
  • Yes she needs her synergies
  • Duffy79Duffy79 Posts: 3
    Yeah looks good shame I can’t try you her in arenas. As the game Is unplayable for more than 5 minutes for us apple users
  • Esketit420Esketit420 Posts: 57
    Cool
  • Omshah20Omshah20 Posts: 1
    Ghost looks Awesome!!!
  • TKalTKal Posts: 520
    Why does ghost has 18% of inflicting a critical hit when it is stated that she can’t crit without a precision buff. It doesn’t make any sense, I could do 1500 hits and don’t trigger a single crit yet she has 18% chance of crit. Please explain
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 473
    Voltolos wrote: »

+25% attack, +15% attack per buff and unblockable specials is not much? Ok then

Where's the +25% attack at in the spotlight?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 261
    It's like inhuman royal faminly, and listed in Wasps. Wasp+Ghost+Antman gets you the +25% atk.
    TKal wrote: »
    Why does ghost has 18% of inflicting a critical hit when it is stated that she can’t crit without a precision buff. It doesn’t make any sense, I could do 1500 hits and don’t trigger a single crit yet she has 18% chance of crit. Please explain

Any news on that ?
    Nice communication around here
  • buddy20buddy20 Posts: 46
    that is good i love Ghost i did not know he was added i want him now
  • buddy20buddy20 Posts: 46
    Omshah20 wrote: »
    Ghost looks Awesome!!!

i want him even more now
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 189
    Out of curiosity, @Kabam Miike , can Ghost tank SP3 damage when phasing is active? If not, does having the Hood synergy change this?
  • Hey there everyone, time for some fun facts about Phasing!
    gabmucs_MY wrote: »
    DD classic can tear her invinsibility .. and the hood invinsibility as well. Dont get surprises as DD classic has this secret ability 😁

Daredevil can still hit The Hood while his Invisibility is active but he will miss if he tries to hit Ghost while she is Phasing, since she isn't just invisible in this state, but able to move through solid objects.
    Dizzy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, @Kabam Miike , can Ghost tank SP3 damage when phasing is active? If not, does having the Hood synergy change this?

On her own, she will still take damage if she is hit with a SP3 while Phasing. However, if she has her synergy with The Hood active and is Phasing when the opponent activates their SP3, she will not take that damage.
    Hey there everyone, time for some fun facts about Phasing!

Daredevil can still hit The Hood while his Invisibility is active but he will miss if he tries to hit Ghost while she is Phasing, since she isn't just invisible in this state, but able to move through solid objects.

On her own, she will still take damage if she is hit with a SP3 while Phasing. However, if she has her synergy with The Hood active and is Phasing when the opponent activates their SP3, she will not take that damage.

You seriously didn’t even respond to my question ? This company is a joke
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 899
    TKal wrote: »
    Hey there everyone, time for some fun facts about Phasing!

You seriously didn’t even respond to my question ? This company is a joke

What do you want them to explain...it’s in ghosts abilities that she will not land a critical hit without a precision passive. Despite whatever critical rating she may have