**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is one of the most popular Marvel characters unobtainable as a 5* or 6*?

Wolverine is said to be one of the most popular Marvel characters of all time(I'm referring to classic Wolverine).
How come he's not available as a 5* or 6*?
Lots of characters released now are so dang powerful, that it's almost insulting that this character isn't obtainable as a 5* or 6*.

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Supposedly, he, SW and there’s one more I think, would be too OP. At least that was the old reasoning. But with 6* in the game now, a 5* version seems like it should be on the table again.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I think the problem with those champs as a 5/6 star would be that with challenger rating kabam would think they would be overpowered again. With cr it dumbs down the 4 star versions some verse higher content.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Marvel's Contest of (B-list) Champions!!!
  • 1TapTakeANap1TapTakeANap Posts: 60
    Supposedly, he, SW and there’s one more I think, would be too OP. At least that was the old reasoning. But with 6* in the game now, a 5* version seems like it should be on the table again.

OG Thor
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Doctor Strange... oh wait, they killed him and lied about him still being a top champ... never mind. There is no reason why nerfed Strange can't be 5*.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Black Widow as well. Nerfed, but still not available beyond 4*
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    The only og god tier they have released is sl. They probably only did that because the upper players would need him to complete lol and would go after him for that.
  • LeonBeni93LeonBeni93 Posts: 69
    I couldn't resist commenting on this thread!Wolvie is my favorite marvel hero,so I would love to see him released as a 5* or 6*!!!I do understand that with his current attributes he would be far too OP!Yeah I know we have sparky, blade etc now, but its different to have champs that can do nearly everything when played really well(both spark and blade),and another thing to have a champ that will regain like crazy if either you land or take a hit!All in all I obviously have a 4* wolvie and I know he has his pros(healing) and cons(decent damage output only if opponent bleeds,no utility besides region) as a character in the game, but still his current healing abilities would make him immortal as a 5* or 6*.

That said, i would welcome a revamp of his abilities to balance him and release him as a 5* or 6*,and I am pretty sure if the revamp is done right, then many people will go after him as I know I am not the only one who loves Wolvie!!!!!
    Please Kabam, @Kabam Miike , consider revamping those heroes we love and make them available as 5* or 6*!!!
  • Hey guys, thank you all for taking the time to suggest that Wolverine should be released as a 5 and 6 Star Champion. Please head over to our Character Wishlist Thread and share your suggestion there also!
This discussion has been closed.