**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Veterans constructive criticism about the current state of the game

So i have been playing this game for over 2 years now and im feeling like giving some much needed constructive criticism now.

1. Alliance War:
Problem:
The alliance wars themselves are actually in a pretty good spot now. But the season system definitly is not. The introduction of a competitive alliance war season system was actually pretty good in my opinion but the current rewards are removing all competitive integrity. You are basicly giving all the better players the ressources to give them even more of an advantage over the players who didn't make it into the higher league, which makes it nearly impossible to ever move up league. Let's compare this to another game with competitve seasons, in this case i'm gonna use Overwatch: This would be like giving everyone who finished a season in Grandmaster a 100% Health Buff and those finished in master only 80%... No one would ever agree this is a good idea, but in mcoc it is real actually, by finishing in a higher bracket you get the rank up mats to take up champions to a higher rank which might not be possible if you finish in a lower bracket, even if you finished in the first place of your league you might not stand a chance against an alliance that finished 1 place ahead because they got the ressouces to take up another 5* champion to rank 5 giving them a clear advantage.
Also the point multplier difference between tier 3 and tier 4 is too high, since this is actually the spot where people fight about Gold 1 or Plat 3, having the highest multiplier jump there doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Possible Fix:
Remove tier 5 basic and tier 2 alpha fragments from the rewards or give everyone from Gold 3 up to rank 1 exactly the same amount so that they can still compete with each other. And instead add in more 5* shards or even a 5* awakening gem crystal in the upper brackets so that the season rewards remain attractive. Of course more 5* champions give players an advantage aswell, but unlike the upgrade ressources mentioned above, this can be compensated by grinding arena or simply luck.

2. Recent Offers for Cash:
Problem:
On July 4th we had really really bad offer, not in terms of value but in terms of fairness and pay2win, I'm talking about the 99$ one of course and it's exactly the same problem as mentioned above, you are killing the competitive intergrity by adding another source of the rarest ressources in the game which not anyone can access or at least you are giving the players who spend money a HUGE advantage over those who don't. So far this game was actually not too much pay to win, of course you could get an advantage by spending money but it could be compensated by grinding or luck, but with this offer you gave some people the ressources to take up another champion to the currently highest rank. If you limited the offer to 1 purchase it wouldn't be that bad, but the fact that it was possible to purchase it 6x (3x on iOS and 3x on Android) meant that rich players were able to get 2x tier 5 basics.

Possible Fix:
Instead of adding the rank up materials to the offers, add 5* shards or 5* awakening gems, or whatever just something that can be compensated by grinding or luck. Otherwise the game will soon just be one of these countless pay2win games.

3. Balancing
Problem:
Older Champions are getting increasingly irrelevant due to all new champions that are added being very strong.

Possible Fix:
I really liked what you did to Luke Cage and Red Hulk just use the money you are getting from adding OP champions to employ some people who adjust 2 old champions every month, don't make them OP but give them a niche.

4. Game Performance, Bugs
Problem:
It seems like new versions are not being tested at all. Every new patch it feels like playing on a test server. I'm not going to list all the various bugs and stuff that is going on at the moment.

Possible Fix:
Nearly every big game has it's public test server, if you don't want to pay people for testing, fine then let us be the testers. Get a public test server that is running every new version one month before it is going live. To get people actually testing stuff you could give everyone who leaves some decent feedback like 100 units or something on the live server.

That's it for now, there's still a lot i could talk about, but in case no one actually reads this I don't want to waste any more of my time^^

Comments

• Dazman220Dazman220 Posts: 49
    Haha that last paragraph made me chuckle, i ferl the same whenever i post on these forums.

I agree with all of what you say, however, kabam have to make money and the current war seasons format encourages spending to stay at the top and all the whales are happy to oblige.

Yes once you finish a tier below others you will never catch them up untill they retire, this is something you just have to accept unfortunately, either that or spend your way to catch them up, the decision is yours lol.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    Badazz97 wrote: »
    So i have been playing this game for over 2 years now and im feeling like giving some much needed constructive criticism now.

1. Alliance War:
    Problem:
    The alliance wars themselves are actually in a pretty good spot now. But the season system definitly is not. The introduction of a competitive alliance war season system was actually pretty good in my opinion but the current rewards are removing all competitive integrity. You are basicly giving all the better players the ressources to give them even more of an advantage over the players who didn't make it into the higher league, which makes it nearly impossible to ever move up league. Let's compare this to another game with competitve seasons, in this case i'm gonna use Overwatch: This would be like giving everyone who finished a season in Grandmaster a 100% Health Buff and those finished in master only 80%... No one would ever agree this is a good idea, but in mcoc it is real actually, by finishing in a higher bracket you get the rank up mats to take up champions to a higher rank which might not be possible if you finish in a lower bracket, even if you finished in the first place of your league you might not stand a chance against an alliance that finished 1 place ahead because they got the ressouces to take up another 5* champion to rank 5 giving them a clear advantage.
    Also the point multplier difference between tier 3 and tier 4 is too high, since this is actually the spot where people fight about Gold 1 or Plat 3, having the highest multiplier jump there doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Possible Fix:
    Remove tier 5 basic and tier 2 alpha fragments from the rewards or give everyone from Gold 3 up to rank 1 exactly the same amount so that they can still compete with each other. And instead add in more 5* shards or even a 5* awakening gem crystal in the upper brackets so that the season rewards remain attractive. Of course more 5* champions give players an advantage aswell, but unlike the upgrade ressources mentioned above, this can be compensated by grinding arena or simply luck.

2. Recent Offers for Cash:
    Problem:
    On July 4th we had really really bad offer, not in terms of value but in terms of fairness and pay2win, I'm talking about the 99$ one of course and it's exactly the same problem as mentioned above, you are killing the competitive intergrity by adding another source of the rarest ressources in the game which not anyone can access or at least you are giving the players who spend money a HUGE advantage over those who don't. So far this game was actually not too much pay to win, of course you could get an advantage by spending money but it could be compensated by grinding or luck, but with this offer you gave some people the ressources to take up another champion to the currently highest rank. If you limited the offer to 1 purchase it wouldn't be that bad, but the fact that it was possible to purchase it 6x (3x on iOS and 3x on Android) meant that rich players were able to get 2x tier 5 basics.

Possible Fix:
    Instead of adding the rank up materials to the offers, add 5* shards or 5* awakening gems, or whatever just something that can be compensated by grinding or luck. Otherwise the game will soon just be one of these countless pay2win games.

3. Balancing
    Problem:
    Older Champions are getting increasingly irrelevant due to all new champions that are added being very strong.

Possible Fix:
    I really liked what you did to Luke Cage and Red Hulk just use the money you are getting from adding OP champions to employ some people who adjust 2 old champions every month, don't make them OP but give them a niche.

4. Game Performance, Bugs
    Problem:
    It seems like new versions are not being tested at all. Every new patch it feels like playing on a test server. I'm not going to list all the various bugs and stuff that is going on at the moment.

Possible Fix:
    Nearly every big game has it's public test server, if you don't want to pay people for testing, fine then let us be the testers. Get a public test server that is running every new version one month before it is going live. To get people actually testing stuff you could give everyone who leaves some decent feedback like 100 units or something on the live server.

That's it for now, there's still a lot i could talk about, but in case no one actually reads this I don't want to waste any more of my time^^

To be honest, what you are suggesting seems nice, but will never work. As long as the game have started until today, it has always been
    The higher/better your champs, the more rewards you get
    Been there when AQ was introduce with the T4cc for R5/50 4stars
    Been there when AW was introduce with 5star shards to get new 5stars
    Been there when AQ was re-release and you can buy T2a and get T2a
    Now with Alliance WAR and it's T5b

The problem is not "players alliance cannot move forward" It's players who jump at the slightest chance to a higher alliance just for a chance of T5b
    Giving them 5star shards or 5star Awakening gems means you are not in tune with the game
    Look up crystal opening whale on youtube
    He's in master bracket last AW with OMNI
    almost ALL of his 5stars ARE AWAKENED
    and he has almost ALL 5stars
    Pay to win guys, pay to win but he is skilled

which goes to the 2nd part of your equation
    Recent cash offers
    They were available to ALL players
    Your choice to buy it or not
    If everyone bought it, then no one will have an advantage
    Even if NO ONE buys it, the non spenders will not have the same resources as the spenders anyway, with the monthly gift cards and the usual package deals

What you wish to implement is not viable
    Take for example football

Premier League Vs 1st Division
    1st place 1st Division will never get the same money fallout as LAST PLACE Premier League
    And Manchester City can buy every player so they will always win against a team who didn't buy any new players
    They might lose a match (like in Arena) but they will still place higher than a non spending team

World economics are built this way....sorry