**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Burned out

Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
I never was much of a arena player did it a few times and got sick of it. Recently I did it, got the champ and now I'm just completely burned out of the game. I usually use my engery on story mode etc everyday, for the past week I have not been able to use it. AQ and AW feel like such a chore and I'm lacking on those too now. Any advice on what to do in this situation to make things go back to normal?

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Take a couple months off, if you don’t wish to. Buy units and try for what ever champion in the crystals.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Take a couple months off, if you don’t wish to. Buy units and try for what ever champion in the crystals.

It's not really about champs for me anymore screw arena now, I was hoping for advice on how to get back in to the game. I'm sure lots of other people have gotten burned out and found some way to get back in it.
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    For me it takes getting the right champ to reenergize me and get me excited about playing again. Doesn’t really help you but yeah lol
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Quit for a few weeks. I’ve done it a few times and it’s been helpful. You don’t lose that much progress either imo.
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    edited July 2018
    Come join our alliance and just chill bro
    House targaryen ign brandonmballou@
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Quitting for a few months is always best option but know that if you do by the time you get back nothing will have changed, just a bigger list of issues. I rarely use energy for anything in the last year. Run arena just for minimum rank and units, the excitement of playing is long gone and it doesn't help seeing rewards just getting worse but difficulty getting harder. I'm in an alliance, sold 50% of my champs and play at my own pace now. Real life comes first. If kabam does something that actually makes the game fun instead of a chore and adds to anxiety I will play for things again.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I know how

This happens to me every few months. I just cut the time i spend in it until i feel the need again.

This means stopping doing stuff. Sometimes it requires being without an alliance (being in a relaxed alliance will never truly satisfy you as AQ requires you to stay awake even when you just want to go to bed).

You can cut arenas easily. You can decide to do less quests a month as well, but those are poorly designed and they make you do heroic even of you don't need to. Uncollected is worth your time (but master is very tempting as well).

I think, cutting down on arenas is usually the best, but if you really want to recover fast, go solo. In less than a month you will be back. Alliances have been killing this game for a while.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    I never was much of a arena player did it a few times and got sick of it. Recently I did it, got the champ and now I'm just completely burned out of the game. I usually use my engery on story mode etc everyday, for the past week I have not been able to use it. AQ and AW feel like such a chore and I'm lacking on those too now. Any advice on what to do in this situation to make things go back to normal?

Thanks for letting us know. 🙄
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited July 2018

It's not really about champs for me anymore screw arena now, I was hoping for advice on how to get back in to the game. I'm sure lots of other people have gotten burned out and found some way to get back in it.

I stopped arena after a week of grinding for Sparky and at the same time left my map 5x5 alliance. Took a couple weeks off and just logged in for the daily free calendar rewards since I planned to come back.

When I did, I joined an easy going map 3 alliance. We always complete AQ and focus on war... it’s way more fun and less stressful and we’re happy being tier 2 gold and can basically hang here even with some losses. Plus no grinding, because there’s no donations.

I still rarely do arena but find that I still get enough gold (mostly) from events and hitting the 3 low milestones in arena, if I decide to do it all. Personally, arena is the armpit of this game with so much repetition it is just mind numbing and takes away from the fun. I just did it for Void and will probably avoid arena for several months again as a result.

Basically, do the parts that make it fun. Avoid the daily grind if you need to. Take a break and come back as well and if it still isn’t fun, find something else that is instead.
    imaginejim wrote: »

Thanks for letting us know. 🙄

You're welcome.
    Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it.
  • Bash100000Bash100000 Posts: 11
    Join an alliance that has people you have fun playing with. MCOC is more fun when you play with friends.

As DTMelodicMetal said Join an alliance with people who want to have fun, i got to where you were and the only thing that made me log in everyday were the people i play with, the chats more than the game. the game was something to do while we chatted joked and had fun. i was lucky though i never got into a "serious" alliance where all you cared about was the game and AQ and war and donations.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★

Take a month or two off from the game and play every now and then during those months. In the end you go up a few mil in gold and when you miss the game you come back.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Play AQ map 3 and never play AW and you will feel liberated.
  • ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179

Actually you're becoming normal. So be happy.. when it happened to me, I uninstalled it. Then started again after 3 weeks.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I usually take it easy for a little while after, until I feel like I WANT to play again.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Saturation is inevitable...cant keep playing mcoc forever with the same enthusiasm..esp when its doing the same stuff over and over again

Excitement comes from 2 things...getting new champs and maxing the ones u like..both are incredibly slow and difficult