**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can't get in goldpool arena [Merged Threads]

WizdumbTBWWizdumbTBW Posts: 36
edited July 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
The in game message said if you were in the goldpool arena the first come but didn't get top 200, you could get in this time without a ticket. Well I go to enter and it says I need a ticket. Why is that @Kabam Miike

*MOD EDIT*

If you are eligible to enter the Goldpool arena you will see it as an available arena for you today. If you saw the error earlier today related to asking for a ticket to enter, it has now been resolved and you can enter without the ticket. Please try again.

Reminder, you are only eligible if you entered the original Goldpool arena, and were not one of the top 200 last time.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• MOGMOG Posts: 20
    edited July 2018
    It was unclear about those who had the tickets for the Goldpool arena and didn’t sell them, if they will have access to this upcoming Goldpool arena since I have the ticket but didn’t use it?

@Kabam Lyra
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I think they are more concerned about the people actually effected by the Emergency Maintanence in a negative manner; not the people who got a ticket after the original arena was over. If you now have a chance to compete, congratulations, if not, c’est la vie.

It’s possible someone wanted to start the arena late and after the downtime figured it would be smarter to hold on to the ticket, since there was no chance in hell they’d make anything anymore.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    I think they are more concerned about the people actually effected by the Emergency Maintanence in a negative manner; not the people who got a ticket after the original arena was over. If you now have a chance to compete, congratulations, if not, c’est la vie.

It’s possible someone wanted to start the arena late and after the downtime figured it would be smarter to hold on to the ticket, since there was no chance in hell they’d make anything anymore.

I held my ticket due to the outage and also due to wondering if it was just better to cash it in for gold. I started Saturday and hit one million within hours. If I had wanted to push to 5 million I easily could have.
    Thawnim wrote: »

I held my ticket due to the outage and also due to wondering if it was just better to cash it in for gold. I started Saturday and hit one million within hours. If I had wanted to push to 5 million I easily could have.

Could you have gotten enough points for Goldpool?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

Yes, but I was satisfied with the title and other sparse milestone rewards instead of an unduped 5* trophy.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★

Goldpool went for like... 15mil on cutoff. So yeah, he probably could have.
  • GunnersGunners Posts: 67
    The mods just need to address if u have a gold ticket can you enter the rerun arena
    Gunners wrote: »
    The mods just need to address if u have a gold ticket can you enter the rerun arena

No, they should not. To be honest, they could even lock everybody out that didn't enter before the downtime and it would still be somewhat fair.
  • Honestly, I think this is a fair question. I could not join the Goldpool arena back then due to unforseen personal circumstances, but I did invest heavily into the gold crystals to obtain a ticket. Had I known upfront this arena would have rerun for the players who joined, I could have managed to squeeze in a few arena fights for a second chance later on. Now the gold member arena ticket is still in my inventory. I fail to see why certain players get a second chance and others not. All players had to invest or work equally hard to obtain the tickets.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    If you entered the arena you would get free passage into the new one, that’s what they said, if you had a golden ticket and didn’t enter, it just didn’t affect you, end of story...
  • Master_of_DisasterMaster_of_Disaster Posts: 13
    edited July 2018
    Exactly. If I had known upfront I would have squeezed in a few fights for a second chance.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    When is it rescheduled for?
  • Definition of fair chance:

the same chance everyone else gets ·
  • RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    Exactly. If I had known upfront I would have squeezed in a few fights for a second chance.

Just to be clear...if you had know that a special arena was going to be run for a second time due to an unprecedented event when an update was putting player's hardware at risk when playing for more that 10 minutes you would have squeezed in a few rounds?

I say, if you had known that was going to happen you should spend more time at the pony track.

• The answer is yes, I would have squeezed in a few fights.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited July 2018

Just to be clear...if you had know that a special arena was going to be run for a second time due to an unprecedented event when an update was putting player's hardware at risk when playing for more that 10 minutes you would have squeezed in a few rounds?

I say, if you had known that was going to happen you should spend more time at the pony track.

But isnt the point of a rerun to give the players a chance who were effected by the downtime? Saying you could get 15 mil from saturday-sunday isnt right, because no one knew the cutoff ahead of time. Its if the time from saturday to sunday affected you from seriously grinding, and most people I know wouldnt go into saturday thinking theyd get him. Knowing the cutoff, sure you could get to 15 mil. But no one thought he was going for 15.

People are upset they didnt grind for him because the score was so low. All because they didnt think they could get him
  • For the record: I am upset because certain players get a second chance while others do not.

Definition of fair chance:

• RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    You had a chance. I am sorry that life got in the way for this run for you. That doesn't change the fact that you had a chance and you chose not to use it. It sounds like the right decision for you as this is a game and real life has to come first...but it was still your choice. That's fair...
    For the record: I am upset because certain players get a second chance while others do not.

Definition of fair chance:

That's not the definition of fair chance. Fair and the same aren't the same.

Let's look at nature disasters for a second. Let's say a whole city is in ruins due to it and they get free help rebuilding their houses. Now everybody in this city, no matter the state of their house prior to the disaster, get's a new house. People from all across the world send money to make this happen. However the people in a nearby city that burned their house down when forgetting to turn off the gas, those are on their own. Is this fair? Or should that guy that burned his own house down get the same help that the people from the nature disaster get? Is it fair that people that burned their own house down, but lived in the area destroyed by whatever nature disaster you can think of get help?

Now tell me please, when is the solution here fair?
  • The solution here would be fair if all players with a ticket as well as players that used a ticket but did not win Golpool would get a second chance.
    Fair - If you going for goldpool was interrupted, you get another chance. Thats it. No "well... technically".

• My going for Goldpool was interrupted as well. Different cause but the effect is the same.
    My going for Goldpool was interrupted as well. Different cause but the effect is the same.

If you were going for goldpool, and your run was interrupted, youll get access again. Its only fair.
  • Different cause.