**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Odds for a Featured 5 star

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
edited July 2017 in Strategy and Tips
Okay, think of the most recent Featured 5 star crystal you've opened. I'm doing a bit of research on the odds of getting the Featured champ. I'm debating on whether to go for it or not. Anyway, just say whether you got the featured champ or not. If you haven't purchased a Featured 5 star crystal, please don't vote as this could help everyone out on this decision.

Odds for a Featured 5 star 46 votes

Yes, I received the Featured Champ I was going for
17%
LocoMotivesTillerTheKillerWilliamJakesZENX_ScottYellsomeStanLeeTheGodBootmoon 8 votes
No, I did not
82%
Etaki_LirakoiZeke_the_XbotsamalasravanSirnoobMr_PlatypusSMiller80Disbanded_pensTheLazyKingJosh2PlayMaximus_SpankersonMike8mn123dudeAnewguyRobMrMrEViperKingVHazerfaceJimbojames23KALIZOrwhackKromestone 38 votes

Comments

• CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Yes! I have a 0% chance of getting who I want! Seriously, one vote?
  • Actually u have a 2.05% chance of getting what u want according to present pool....
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    I calculated the odds: it's 0.0000025006904208% chance of getting a She Hulk from a featured 5*

Others: probably less
    So, don't go for it is what I'm getting here?
  • Yes, I received the Featured Champ I was going for
    I bought a 5 star GP crystal and got the 5 star GP.

But I also bought a 5 star Karnak crystal in the past, and never got him. Got Ant-man instead.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I'm still 50/50, so I'm not good for this pool. But I've got 3 more featured crystals I'm holding when the iceman cometh. If he ever cometh.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    No, I did not
    1/1 on Gambit when he was first introduced; since then...

0/2 on Ghost Rider
    0/3 Archangel
    0/4 Nebula
    0/3 Carnage

that being said, go for it if you really want that champ, but be prepared for disappointment....it hurts a little less, kinda lol
    Can I get some more votes? Still kind of on the fence here.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    No, I did not
    its a 20% chance 3 people in my alliance went for ArchAngel two of them got him on the 7th (and final pull) 3rd person got him on the first pull (no subfeatures for any of them)
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Your poll is kinda wonky... it isn't set up for anyone who has tried for more than 1 featured crystal.

Anyways, I'm 2 for 13. In my alliance, it seems like a 20% rate of success.
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Your poll is kinda wonky... it isn't set up for anyone who has tried for more than 1 featured crystal.

I said most recent in an attempt to narrow it down to one attempt.
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    Even if there are more people getting the featured from the voting, it does not mean you will.
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    Even if there are more people getting the featured from the voting, it does not mean you will.

I know that. I'm not an idiot. The odds aren't plastered anywhere, so I'm trying to get a rough guideline of the odds. If there was a 50% chance, I'd want to go for it. If there was a 1% chance, I wouldn't want to go for it. I'm not saying I'll succeed just because someone else did, but I'm trying to find some idea of the drop rates.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    No, I did not
    20%
    I think I'm going to skip it until I get about three 5*s. Until then, I'm going for numbers, not necessarily power.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

That is still problematic. For example, I opened them until I hit an Archangel and then stopped, because I had an awakening gem. Since people usually stop opening features once they get what they want, "most recent" isn't a good way to get to the number you're looking for.

That is still problematic. For example, I opened them until I hit an Archangel and then stopped, because I had an awakening gem. Since people usually stop opening features once they get what they want, "most recent" isn't a good way to get to the number you're looking for.

Eh, whatever. Thanks for that input, but I think I made my decision. I'll try to come up with a better way in the future, but I'm done this time.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    5/15 here. Was 4/9, missed my next 5, then hit on my latest. I think the rate is 20-25% for the feature, which is really the best chance you have in the game of pulling a specific champ. Just make sure it's someone you want and don't flip out if you miss, because the odds are you will miss.
  • RobRob Posts: 7
    No, I did not
    0/20+ here
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    No, I did not
    0 for 18

we have a guy 4 for 6...another 5 for 18...2 for 3...0 for 15