**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ideally, how many Premium Hero Crystals to keep before you open it to get a bigger chance of 4*?

superdiasuperdia Posts: 12
edited July 2017 in Strategy and Tips

Ideally, how many Premium Hero Crystals to keep before you open it to get a bigger chance of 4*? 91 votes

10 Premium Hero Crystals
21%
Thebgj01stakDemonicStalkerMwhitaker23Hell_Goliath7abo2aNormanBJJCaptain_MaimnameplasLalalandPeterStreitChampion_BPalito_DiazAhodMetalmarksSabretooth5ubject_Nexu5MrDMidnite93DEVILfromHEAVEN 20 votes
20 Premium Hero Crystals
3%
CallmelaFleurBunny_Bunner420EpicLord549 3 votes
40 Premium Hero Crystals
5%
wSWeaponXBoogerPresleylugar_jarIronJoe69Mbizz 5 votes
50 Premium Hero Crystals
13%
Fireballs5YellsomeMukeshthegamerweavileIl_JooODC_is_better17sanjaySungjChampioncriticbinrakTivjyotRehan010_ 12 votes
100 Premium Hero Crystals
12%
ADDZZK1lltasticJayT1996kolomvosSupermanSJRDbogert129Phattony18SummonerB2akwazisimolazJayCee 11 votes
More than 100 Premium Hero Crystals (If you have enough patience to hold it)
43%
CrusherOfDreamsGunzoSirnoobBadroseMr_Platypuskunal_rules01AjavedWilljackson16Shynight00TheLazyKingJosh2PlaySmokinSurferI_Forgotmisscapamerica8beaupoemScottryanI_am_GrootUsername819273943SpeedbumpSpirit 40 votes

Comments

• Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Doesn't make a difference, the odds are the same on 1 crystals as they are for 100
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    50 Premium Hero Crystals
    25 every week seem to do the trick for me, get 1 or 2 every 2 weeks
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    More crystals does NOT equal a bigger chance at a 4 star

Through sheer law of averages/probability, it absolutely does... But, you know, you can ignore the statistics, if you like.

Each crystal has a equal individual chance to award a 4* so yeah cool story bro. It doesn't increase after each unsuccessful opening of a crystal
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Chances are around 1%, so if you open +100 you would have a good chance to get one 4*.

But of course, that is random, nothing is sure.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    And in all honesty I like to believe that chances are same whether u open 1 or 100. But its more likely that u get a 4star when u open like 200 crystals together than opening one crystal.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Opening multiplie Crystals doesn't increase your odds. You just have more chances at the same Drop Rate.

Yep that is exactly what my point was.

(Ps - Its clearer in this message)
  • Options
    KappaluzzoKappaluzzo Posts: 42
    The chance is the same. Dont horde like youtubers. They are endgame players that dont bothered about PHC.
    Newer player should open their PHC as soon as they them to fully utilize these champs in arena or quest.
  • Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    10 Premium Hero Crystals
    Holding more crystals doesn't guarentee a 4 star. I open mine almost immediately and I've gotten 11 four stars in my 6 months of playing, two of which are Dr Voodoo and Cap ww2
  • Options
    MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    I just got one 4* from PHC today and the last one I got was couple of month ago so I am not complaining.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Opening 100 crystals at once increases your odds of catching a 4* from that one specific pull than a pull with a smaller number of crystals. However the odds of getting a 4* from those same 100 crystals is the same whether you open those 100 crystals in one pull or broken up into multiple pulls.
  • Options
    lugar_jarlugar_jar Posts: 7
    40 Premium Hero Crystals
    weavile wrote: »
    25 every week seem to do the trick for me, get 1 or 2 every 2 weeks

You will open the crystal or spin it
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    There's no formula. Open or Spin, multiple or one at a time, it's all the same Drop Rate. Each Crystal generates a separate outcome.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I usually crack them in threes. Don't need a big stockpile of ISO that needs sold..and all expires on the same day. Three seems to work pretty well for me though I am on a dry spell right now and believe the 3 count has secretly been lowered...
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Think about it...How do they keep the ratios when new 3 and 4 stars are always being added but no new 2 stars are? There are already 3 times as many 3s as 2 stars....so how is it possible that the odds still continue to be so against getting a 3 or 4?
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★

Through sheer law of averages/probability, it absolutely does... But, you know, you can ignore the statistics, if you like.

Each crystal has a equal individual chance to award a 4* so yeah cool story bro. It doesn't increase after each unsuccessful opening of a crystal

False again.

Use your head. Your chance of attaining a 4* champion is higher, probability wise, NOT based on the percentage of each crystal, but if you open 100 crystals over 25, statistically, you have a better chance. That is how chance works. I said nothing about chance increasing with each -unsuccessful- crystal. I said the probability rises that you will hit one with more crystals opened.

Also, I'm not your bro, pal.

He's not your pal, bro.

And no, the odds don't go up per crystal. As a whole, yes, your chances are higher just because there's more chances at it, but odds don't get better per crystal.
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited July 2017

False again.

Use your head. Your chance of attaining a 4* champion is higher, probability wise, NOT based on the percentage of each crystal, but if you open 100 crystals over 25, statistically, you have a better chance. That is how chance works. I said nothing about chance increasing with each -unsuccessful- crystal. I said the probability rises that you will hit one with more crystals opened.

He's not your pal, bro.

And no, the odds don't go up per crystal. As a whole, yes, your chances are higher just because there's more chances at it, but odds don't get better per crystal.

Congratulations! You've comprehended what I said! And you even replied to something said to someone else! Yay!
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited July 2017

False again.

He's not your pal, bro.

He's not ur bro buddy
  • Options

False again.

He's not your pal, bro.

Congratulations! You've comprehended what I said!

That's what @Appleisgod said. Then you disputed him. I said he was right, and you said that I said what you said. Huh?
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »

False again.

He's not your pal, bro.

He's no ur bro buddy

I'm not your buddy, fam.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I'm not ur fam guy
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I voted more than 100 just because you'll have a higher chance overall. Just forget about crystals for a month or two. Come back and you'll hopefully get some shiny new 4 stars.
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    I'm not ur fam guy

I'm not your guy, dude.
  • Options

False again.

He's not your pal, bro.

Congratulations! You've comprehended what I said!

That's what @Appleisgod said. Then you disputed him. I said he was right, and you said that I said what you said. Huh?

I take back my previous congratulations. Apparently you still can't comprehend reading the replies to see what someone is saying. I haven't said anything different in this thread. Try again, kiddo.
  • Options
    What he said:

I said he was right, you said I was agreeing with you. That's stupid.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    What he said:

Again, you CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WAS SAYING. RE-READ MY POSTS, AND TRY AGAIN.
    Or, leave this battle of wits, as you're unarmed.

ALSO:

there's another falsity. I never stated you were agreeing with me.
  • Options
    What he said:

Again, you CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WAS SAYING. RE-READ MY POSTS, AND TRY AGAIN.
    Or, leave this battle of wits, as you're unarmed.

You said he was wrong. I said he was right. You agreed with me. You're agreeing and disagreeing with the same idea. I'll be back later, I have a life.