**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Characters that need Buffed or Changed (Big-time)

Comments

• Options
    Carnage definitely needs improving
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I've got an idea. It starts with a story: Once upon a time, Magik (yes, THAT Magik) wasn't this strong. No, once upon a time all she had was a crappy power burn on her specials (seriously, I still remember how useless she was as my first 4*, and how bad she was as my first 5*; got the 4* from a premium early on, and I still preferred to level up my 3* champions; didn't even bother with her). She was WORSE than Spider-Gwen (or at least = to), if you can imagine that.
    But then Kabam decided to rework her, and that's the version currently in the game.

So I'm thinking, what we've done up until now have been reasonable buffs, which wouldn't make the characters OP, right? So what if we try to apply the "Magik Treatment" to everyone who isn't on her level? Basically, figure out ways to make everyone OP, so that they'd all be strong and viable in some way, but balance each-other's OP-ness by simply existing! (Y'know, when everyone's OP, no one's truly OP anymore.)

I'm fairly certain this would revitalize this thread, and make us happier as well. Still, what do you think? Yes or no? Good or bad?

Whether everyone sucks or everyone is great, I do think that everyone should be at relatively the same level. Kabam can bring people up or down, but as long as they do it with everyone it will work. And yes, Magik did suck. Her Sig Ability used to be called Rewind. There was like chance for her to undo the damage of one hit. It was worthless.
  • Options
    Carnage definitely needs improving

Yes, but how?
  • Options
    TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    I've got an idea. It starts with a story: Once upon a time, Magik (yes, THAT Magik) wasn't this strong. No, once upon a time all she had was a crappy power burn on her specials (seriously, I still remember how useless she was as my first 4*, and how bad she was as my first 5*; got the 4* from a premium early on, and I still preferred to level up my 3* champions; didn't even bother with her). She was WORSE than Spider-Gwen (or at least = to), if you can imagine that.
    But then Kabam decided to rework her, and that's the version currently in the game.

So I'm thinking, what we've done up until now have been reasonable buffs, which wouldn't make the characters OP, right? So what if we try to apply the "Magik Treatment" to everyone who isn't on her level? Basically, figure out ways to make everyone OP, so that they'd all be strong and viable in some way, but balance each-other's OP-ness by simply existing! (Y'know, when everyone's OP, no one's truly OP anymore.)

I'm fairly certain this would revitalize this thread, and make us happier as well. Still, what do you think? Yes or no? Good or bad?

Whether everyone sucks or everyone is great, I do think that everyone should be at relatively the same level. Kabam can bring people up or down, but as long as they do it with everyone it will work. And yes, Magik did suck. Her Sig Ability used to be called Rewind. There was like chance for her to undo the damage of one hit. It was worthless.

Oooooohhhh, riiiiiight, that's what it did! Yeah, it was totally useless.
  • Options
    So, should we start thinking on how to make everyone Op or not?
  • Options
    Weird. I don't see my last comment; not sure it went through. God damned monkey servers. It mentioned how L_217's new depiction of Carnage was way better, and how Venom has great possibilities from me and L_217.

(Nvm, found it.)
  • Options

It was sort of like Ant-Man and his Glancing. It was more effective since it entirely reduced damage taken, but triggered less often. Yes, I just compared Magik to Ant-Man. Shocking how much 12.0 changed things, isn't it?
  • Options
    Can Carnage please have some kind of random, psychotic, uncontrollable ability? His current representation doesn't show how truly insane he is. Maybe, every time he inflicts Bleed, he gains a random buff until that Bleed ends. Or you could just use one of the 18,000,000 ideas from users in this thread and others.
  • Options

It was sort of like Ant-Man and his Glancing. It was more effective since it entirely reduced damage taken, but triggered less often. Yes, I just compared Magik to Ant-Man. Shocking how much 12.0 changed things, isn't it?

Her buff was pre-12.0. And her old sig made Ant-Man look like a god in comparison.
  • Options

Her buff was pre-12.0. And her old sig made Ant-Man look like a god in comparison.

Oh, when was it? I thought I remembered her jumping to the top of my 2* roster after I got the 4* awakening gems for 12.0. I looked through all my stars of champs to see who was at the top now, and saw her.
  • Options
    I don't quite remember. A little after master mode was introduced maybe? Hold a sec
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    By the looks of it, the buff is from around 8.0; the Civil War update. About an year ago by reddit dates
  • Options
    By the looks of it, the buff is from around 8.0; the Civil War update. About an year ago by reddit dates

Jeez, I'm way off lol.
  • Options
    JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    Scarlett is good? No, she isnt half as good as she was. She regens at the start of a fight when its not needed, rarely stuns, and doesnt generate buffs like she should except against mystic champs with mystic dispersion. She was bumped down entirely too much. The only this hot about her still is her level 2.

Mordo should be nerfed. Power gain plus maxed mystic dispersion is a huge advantage in AW, especially when owned by players who get champs the same day they come out and max them $$.

Hulk's upgrade was cool but he should have some type of regen.

Colossus is a huge letdown.

Rocket needs more health, so does Electro.

Fantastic Four and Dr Doom are all overdue for an introduction into the game. Mystique, Apocalypse and Galacticus as well. These are just my opinions.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    Scarlett is good? No, she isnt half as good as she was. She regens at the start of a fight when its not needed, rarely stuns, and doesnt generate buffs like she should except against mystic champs with mystic dispersion. She was bumped down entirely too much. The only this hot about her still is her level 2.

Mordo should be nerfed. Power gain plus maxed mystic dispersion is a huge advantage in AW, especially when owned by players who get champs the same day they come out and max them $$.

Fantastic Four and Dr Doom are all overdue for an introduction into the game. Mystique, Apocalypse and Galacticus as well. These are just my opinions.

Yes, Hulk most definitely needs Regeneration. Maybe...
    "When Hulk is at his angriest, he can fight to slightly regain his composure, and control the gamma rays in his body. After dashing back and blocking for 3 seconds, all Fury buffs are transformed into Regeneration buffs, and each of these buffs Regenerates 3% of his maximum health."
  • Options
    Could we get a mod in here to check out some of these ideas? @Kabam Miike, we see you online. Please? We need some kind of response.
  • Options
    Jabbawokky wrote: »

People kept Scarlet at 5/50, which means she MUST still be good. Didn't say she was AS good, but she's still good. Not a God-Tier champion anymore, but she's a lot better than most.
  • Options
    Hunter2UHunter2U Posts: 13
    Colossus Suggestion:

Keep his stuff that he does now as it is. Its not much but it works good.
    Awakened Ability: His organic steel should shine alot more -- Colossus gains Armor Up Buffs from attacking and getting hit.
    Armor Battery: Like the new Punisher 2099 Colossus gains Charges on his Organic Armor it stacks up faster the more Armor Up Buffs are activated on Col.
    When using a Special Attack Col. deals additional Damage as a percentage equal to the Battery. (39 Stacks -- 39% more damage) When the Battery is fully charged all charges are converted into a Passive Colossus Rage Buff and the Battery is drained to Zero -- (Colossus Rage Buff 5% increase on all Base stats ; Block Proficiency, Crit Rate etc.) This Buff cannot be nullified.
    When using an SP3 Colossus gains a Regen Buff that Regenerates (X% -- sugesstion 8%) of Col. Max Health.
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    Hunter2U wrote: »
    Colossus Suggestion:

Awakened Ability: His organic steel should shine alot more -- Colossus gains Armor Up Buffs from attacking and getting hit.
    Armor Battery: Like the new Punisher 2099 Colossus gains Charges on his Organic Armor it stacks up faster the more Armor Up Buffs are activated on Col.
    When using a Special Attack Col. deals additional Damage as a percentage equal to the Battery. (39 Stacks -- 39% more damage) When the Battery is fully charged all charges are converted into a Passive Colossus Rage Buff and the Battery is drained to Zero -- (Colossus Rage Buff 5% increase on all Base stats ; Block Proficiency, Crit Rate etc.) This Buff cannot be nullified.
    When using an SP3 Colossus gains a Regen Buff that Regenerates (X% -- sugesstion 8%) of Col. Max Health.

I like all of that but the regen. Too many players are dependent on regen as it is, and Colossus does not have a regen in the comics.
    I would like to see him get a 2 or 3 second invulnerable after using a sp attack
  • Options
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Colossus Suggestion:

I like all of that but the regen. Too many players are dependent on regen as it is, and Colossus does not have a regen in the comics.
    I would like to see him get a 2 or 3 second invulnerable after using a sp attack

Do you mean Indestructible? Invulnerable is the thing Phoenix has where she can't get hit. Indestructible is what Luke Cage has where he takes no damage. That would make sense for Colossus since he literally gets punched on his SP3 but doesn't flinch or take damage.
  • Options
    L_217L_217 Posts: 109 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Magneto(Classic):
    +Ability Adjustment: Magnetism : Metal champions suffer a 40% Ability Accuracy reduction. The effectiveness of the reduction increases by up to 150% based on Magneto's power meter.
    +Signature Ability Adjustment: Refraction : Bending a dense electromagnetic field around himself, Magneto limits the amount of damage that can be done from one source to (70-7.5%) of his overall health. He also bends the metal of the battlefield with more success, giving him a (65-100%) chance to Fuse the opponents next Heal effect on criticals.
    *Fuse is passive and acts like stagger, but when a Regen of healing effect occurs, it cancels it out instead*

Magneto(MARVEL NOW!):
    +Ability Adjustment: Magnetism : Metal champions suffer a 100% Ability Accuracy reduction periodically for 4 seconds. Each time magnetism activates, have up a 100% chance to stun the opponent for 2.5 seconds based on the power meter.
    +Signature Ability Adjustment: Urgent Refraction : Bend a dense electromagnetic field that limits a single sources damage from taking more than (45-5%) until brought below 10% health. When below 10% health, gain (~) 85% Armor passive and (~) 100% Cruelty passive periodically for 6 seconds. Lasts 2 seconds longer if the opponent is magnetized.
    +(~) 45% Energy resistance

Gambit:
    +New Signature Ability: Rajin' Cajun: Gambit increases the Flak Jackets protection per charge to 3.5% and 9% Bleed Resist. Additionally, Gambit increases his Critical strike chance by up to (~) (45-70%) based on stored power.
    +New Ability: Flak Jacket: Gambit starts the the fight with 10 resists, each giving 2% Physical resist and 6% Bleed Resist. A stack is removed every 3 physical hits.
    +New Ability: Prowess: Gambit cashes his charges and converts them into Prowess buffs, increasing special damage by 25%. if he has less than 10 resists, he transfers the energy from his Prowess buffs into resists. Ratio : 1 to 1.

Next will be Falcon and She-Hulk.
  • Options
    L_217 wrote: »
    Magneto(Classic):
    +Ability Adjustment: Magnetism : Metal champions suffer a 40% Ability Accuracy reduction. The effectiveness of the reduction increases by up to 150% based on Magneto's power meter.
    +Signature Ability Adjustment: Refraction : Bending a dense electromagnetic field around himself, Magneto limits the amount of damage that can be done from one source to (70-7.5%) of his overall health. He also bends the metal of the battlefield with more success, giving him a (65-100%) chance to Fuse the opponents next Heal effect on criticals.
    *Fuse is passive and acts like stagger, but when a Regen of healing effect occurs, it cancels it out instead*

Magneto(MARVEL NOW!):
    +Ability Adjustment: Magnetism : Metal champions suffer a 100% Ability Accuracy reduction periodically for 4 seconds. Each time magnetism activates, have up a 100% chance to stun the opponent for 2.5 seconds based on the power meter.
    +Signature Ability Adjustment: Urgent Refraction : Bend a dense electromagnetic field that limits a single sources damage from taking more than (45-5%) until brought below 10% health. When below 10% health, gain (~) 85% Armor passive and (~) 100% Cruelty passive periodically for 6 seconds. Lasts 2 seconds longer if the opponent is magnetized.
    +(~) 45% Energy resistance

Gambit:
    +New Signature Ability: Rajin' Cajun: Gambit increases the Flak Jackets protection per charge to 3.5% and 9% Bleed Resist. Additionally, Gambit increases his Critical strike chance by up to (~) (45-70%) based on stored power.
    +New Ability: Flak Jacket: Gambit starts the the fight with 10 resists, each giving 2% Physical resist and 6% Bleed Resist. A stack is removed every 3 physical hits.
    +New Ability: Prowess: Gambit cashes his charges and converts them into Prowess buffs, increasing special damage by 25%. if he has less than 10 resists, he transfers the energy from his Prowess buffs into resists. Ratio : 1 to 1.

Next will be Falcon and She-Hulk.

Nice! Love the Gambit ideas, and it gives him a lot more options. In my opinion, both Magneto's should gain increased block proficiency from their sigs as well, but oh well! Great ideas either way!
  • Options
    NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Magneto needs something similar to quake heavy
  • Options
    NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Maybe apply a shock debuff that turns into healbock if the opponent gains a regen buff
  • Options
    I think they should buff magneto as well, he is a very strong marvel character but in the game he is just another champion that people don't like.
  • Options
    FrogclawFrogclaw Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    I would love to have a champ that could stop "unstoppable". Maybe Hulk or Thor.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Never understood why Luke gets so much hate he's one of my favorite character to play take him to AQ all the time
  • Options
    Hunter2UHunter2U Posts: 13
    Luke is good in some Aspects and if you play him right. The thing is that Luke gets alot of hate because he has nothing going that makes him hit hard. He is nice when duped so you can just take an L3 to the Face without taking damage.
  • Options
    RoonKhanRoonKhan Posts: 40
    iron fist, i think he got hit very hard in 12.0
  • Options
    Luke is good in some Aspects and if you play him right. The thing is that Luke gets alot of hate because he has nothing going that makes him hit hard. He is nice when duped so you can just take an L3 to the Face without taking damage.

Yes, but that's all. And that requires him to be duped. That ability isn't good enough to make him worth duping. It's like Dr. Strange's Counterspell at this point. Yeah, it's a good ability, but that's really all he has so It's not even worth getting. I think he should get it at the start no matter what, just like Juggernaut and Unstoppable Colossus. Then, his Awakened Ability would give it to him after each SP move. Then he'll be worth something. He'd be a great defender at that point.