MCU crystal has one major flaw in it - please rectify!

BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
As the title states, the contents of the MCU crystal award at the end of the month from the EPIC content (and I’m assuming the lesser variants as well) has one massively glaring wrong champ in it.

The crystal contains many of the characters from the MCU, which is exactly how it should be. Yes, even Antman should be in there.

The one champ that should not be in this crystal though, is Iron Patriot.
Iron Patriot has not been in the MCU. At all.
The Iron Patriot in the Iron Man movies was just Warmachine renamed and spraypainted.

The Iron Patriot in this game is the comics version where Norman Osborn is in the suit. You know, the guy that in the regular timeline of the comics is Green Goblin?

Please, for the love of all that’s Marvel, remove Iron Patriot from the crystal, it is a stain in the crystal to most Marvel fans I’m sure. Replace him with any other champion, hero or villain, but please.. be true to the MCU for this crystal.
«1

Comments

  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    There is no champ they could add for IM 3. So no dont change the crystals
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Voltolos wrote: »
    There is no champ they could add for IM 3. So no dont change the crystals

    Tell me again which Champ from the first Thor movie is in the 5* crystal...
    If you answer Loki, I’ll ask the same for the second Thor movie. Since that boat will have sailed already then..
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    iron patriot shouldn't be in any crystal

    I’m fine with him being in the crystals. Yes, I dislike him as much as anyone here, but that’s not the reason he shouldn’t be in this crystal.

    Like I said, stick Antman in instead. Or any other MCU based character that was introduced since the game started to follow up movies with champs.
    But not Iron Patriot. He’s not MCU. Not in this game.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    There is no champ in the 5* crystal for the first thor movie because Thor doesnt exist as a 5* Champ and because all the cinematic crytals have the same pool. Who could they add to the 2* crystal as replacement for IP?
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Any that’s in the MCU.
    As is said before. Ant-man...
    He at least is a valid MCU champ.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    But he isnt in IM 3
    IP at least has his name and his suit in IM 3
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Okay...

    There are three Iron man movies.
    From those, only the regular Ironman is in the crystals. Correct?

    Now, taking the first two Thor movies, based on those, only Loki is eligible to get thrown in, leaving one of the two movies ‘entry-less’.
    The third installment of Thor gave the options of both Ragnathor and Ragnahulk. Not the first two.

    So there shouldn’t ‘need’ to be an entry for IM3 specifically.

    Iron Patriot in this game is a villain character in the Marvel comics history.
    Iron Patriot in this game is not James Rhodes, it’s Norman Osborn.
    There is no relation to the MCU whatsoever.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    There are more crystals than just the 5* one. You do realise this right?
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I do.
    Absolutely. And there is no reason for IP to be in any of them.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Yes there is. He is still the only champ that fits at least a little bit for IM 3
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Again.

    Tell me which champ fits the bill for the first two Thor movies.
    Your argument is absolutely non-existent.

    The fact remains that the game’s version of IP is unrelated to the MCU..
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Voltolos wrote: »
    There are more crystals than just the 5* one. You do realise this right?

    Thor 1 = Thor
    Thor 2 = Loki
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Hope you had your fun trolling.
    Not gonna keep going in circles with you.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Hope you had your fun trolling.
    Not gonna keep going in circles with you.

    Same
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    They could have put black widow in for iron man 2 and war machine for iron man 3
    Obviously bw wouldn't be in the 5* crystal but it makes more sense in terms of mcu as it is a different iron patriot

  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Exactly.

    If the basis for addition is being in the MCU, then Iron Patriot has no business in the crystal in any level of crystal.
  • KnightClaw2045KnightClaw2045 Posts: 41
    Put Thanos at that. I agree with Bapoi. Iron Patriot shouldnt be in that crystal. PUT A DIFFERENT MCU CHARACTER IN THERE. PLZ!!
  • KnightClaw2045KnightClaw2045 Posts: 41
    Bapoi, is that ur name in the game? I would like to add u! We agree on alot of stuff.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 203
    Iron man 1 - War Machine (we saw the suit not fully upgraded but can still live with that)
    Iron man 2- BW
    Incredible Hulk- Abomination
    Thor- Hawkeye
    Avengers- Hulk
    Iron man 3- Iron Man
    Thor Dark World- Loki
    There fixed it lol
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Yes, IP should be removed. I'd love to just have someone else. Maybe even deadpool or venom (for his upcoming movie)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 12,888 ★★★★★
    Is just a crystal with some champion on it. Yes they can use MCU to justify any character in there, but that's not the point on the crystal.
    Is just a crystal, with a selected group of champions in there. Disregard the name of the crystal
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Exactly.

    If the basis for addition is being in the MCU, then Iron Patriot has no business in the crystal in any level of crystal.

    Wow you clearly don't understand the point of these crystals.

    Go to the Store in the game. Look at the name of the section that the crystals are being sold in. It is called "Gate Crystals". The Crystal's contain the characters used to open the gates in the Gwenpool Goes to the Movies quest. Iron Patriot will be a character needed to open the gate for the Iron Man 3 quest. Therefore Iron Patriot is in crystal. It's not complicated.

    There will probably even be a joke in the quest about it "not being the same Iron Patriot".
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,759 ★★★★★
    I mean why is Mordo a villain when in the movie he was a good guy.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Iron patriot in game is Norman Osborne as it says in his bio. As for the Thor movies they could use Jane foster as that's an actual name that was in the movies even tho not as thor. As for mordo being a villain he didn't decide to go bad guy till Dr strange broke the rules. He still went bad guy just didn't show till credits. Everyone still over looks the fact that scarlet witch is in the crystal and nothing saying she will not be a 5* like it does for war machine and thor.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Exactly.

    If the basis for addition is being in the MCU, then Iron Patriot has no business in the crystal in any level of crystal.

    Wow you clearly don't understand the point of these crystals.

    Go to the Store in the game. Look at the name of the section that the crystals are being sold in. It is called "Gate Crystals". The Crystal's contain the characters used to open the gates in the Gwenpool Goes to the Movies quest. Iron Patriot will be a character needed to open the gate for the Iron Man 3 quest. Therefore Iron Patriot is in crystal. It's not complicated.

    There will probably even be a joke in the quest about it "not being the same Iron Patriot".

    You also do realise that none of the options for obtaining a crystal contains the 5* crystal though right?

    I get that there are gates and I would honestly faintly smile at that joke since it would be a bad joke.
    The 2*, 3* and 4* crystals all have champs in there that won’t be in the 5* crystal because they simply do not exist as such.

    Beside the point that I still think Iron Patriot shouldbe replaced by Antman in that final crystal, I will still maintain that he should not be referenced in any way to the MCU since he (the game version) was never part of it.

    Personally I feel it’s bad form towards fans of the comics and movies to add IP to the reward crystal. Not because it’s IP. Because it’s just wrong from an MCU perspective.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,876 ★★★★★
    I mean why is Mordo a villain when in the movie he was a good guy.

    He was bad at the end
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Is just a crystal with some champion on it. Yes they can use MCU to justify any character in there, but that's not the point on the crystal.
    Is just a crystal, with a selected group of champions in there. Disregard the name of the crystal

    The point of the crystal is definitly based around the mcu. Its called cinematic crystal its celebrating 10 years of marvel studios and the quests are even called the title of the films
Sign In or Register to comment.