**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wouldn't It Be Cool If We Got Something New... Introducing Alliance Event Quests

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
Every month we get new EQ, and usually new special events, however, some of these are starting to feel very old despite their "newness" and not as fun as they used to be. We need change. I think it would be cool to introduce a new alliance event that is much less stressful than AW and AQ. We all know how much of a drain alliance events can be so this should in no way add to the burden that we already have to complete AW and AQ. We need an event for the alliance that can be run at summoner's leisure, but still offers a challenge and good rewards and requires teamwork and strategy.

So now that I have laid all of the foundations, here is my idea. Introduce an Alliance style Event Quest. This would be quite a bit different than the monthly EQ and should take place over a few months rather than just one. In this quest there would be a large number of paths to complete, but you would not have to 100% the quest on the first attempt (much like the monthly EQ). All alliance members could join this EQ at the same time, and all of the members (or maybe just a certain number of officers or the majority) would have to hit a button saying "End Quest" before quitting out.

There would be difficulty levels just like the monthly EQ and your alliance could complete one or all of the difficulties depending on what rewards they are looking for. The bosses in each of the difficulties would be extremely difficult because all 30 members would be able to take a shot at killing them (I'm thinking LOL like health and attack). Because this would take place over a lengthy amount of time, your 5 champions that you take to the Alliance EQ would not be locked. Players would be able to double or triple up on difficult paths, or attempt to solo many paths at the same time. Exploration is only rewarded, however, upon boss kills so the alliance would have to make sure that enough players can get to the boss to knock him out before they quit to achieve their exploration. Partially explored paths will default to unexplored when the alliance begins the quest anew. Perhaps the Uncollected difficulty would only be unlocked if all players in the alliance have the uncollected title.

The whole purpose of this event would be to offer the alliance a chance at some epic rewards without requiring constant time commitments from all members over a 24hr period. All members of the alliance could come and go as their schedules allow, and there would be no pressure for every member to join right away or to move at a certain time. Because the time limit would be long, players would have plenty of time to take out link nodes allowing other players to advance further on their paths. The alliance could theoretically run this EQ one time and knock out 15 lanes over a 10 day period, then the alliance could collect completion rewards and advance towards exploration rewards at a pace that best fits the alliance members needs.

Now I know that at the end of the day Kabam is a company that isn't going to implement something unless there is real benefit to them. So not unlike every other game mode, you introduce AEQ specific potions (maybe some special boosts) and also make sure the rewards are a big incentive for alliance to 100% the quests.

Let me summarize my ideas as best as I can.

1: Introduce a 30 player Alliance Event Quest that runs for a few months (3-4)
2: Quests would contain up to 50 different paths (or more)
3: Alliance members can split up or team up to complete said paths
4: Players will be able to select "End Quest" at any time if they would like to quit, however, a majority is required to end the quest
5: Upon boss kill ending the quest will reward completion rewards
6: Boss would be very difficult and probably have health and attack similar to LOL (in harder difficulties)
7: Once a certain number of players or officers have opted to "End Quest" the quest will end
8: All paths that were not 100% explored will default to unexplored
9: Members will receive completion rewards for the quest
10: Alliance can start the same AEQ to attempt 100% completion, or move to the next quest for more completion rewards
11: High end rewards for top difficulty
12: Champions will not be locked from running other events (AQ or AW)
13: Offer mode specific potions (and maybe boosts) to help summoners complete the AEQ
14: *Insert other ideas that I can't remember currently*

So there you go. This is an idea I had that I think would help to spice up the game for alliances and offer a relaxed challenge for some epic rewards. Let me know what you think of this idea any tweaks that you think could be made to my original idea, and any additional ideas that you think would make this mode better if it was implemented. If you have any questions or need clarity on anything feel free to ask. I don't expect this to ever really be implemented, but as I stated in the beginning (yes way back up on top) the normal modes that this game offer are getting to be pretty repetitive despite being "new" every month.

Anyways, thanks for reading this book that I have written :tongue: and hopefully we can all have some good discussion on this topic. Granting it doesn't die immediately.

Comments

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This is cool. I would like that.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    This is an awesome idea @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I’d like that, but this would make it very easy for low level players to leach off of high alliances. A level 35 player on an alliance full of Uncollected players for example.
  • Options
    RA_ARRA_AR Posts: 100
    Great idea, @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Bahamut wrote: »
    I’d like that, but this would make it very easy for low level players to leach off of high alliances. A level 35 player on an alliance full of Uncollected players for example.

That is why I mentioned all players in the alliance needing to be uncollected first.
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 223
    How would this be leeching? They are in YOUR alliance. Wouldn’t u want them to get great rewards so they become a stronger player and help the alliance even more?!? If u think that would b leeching, you should kick that player if that’s how your alliance works. Alliances should b helping all players, especially lower players, so they can grow and give back to the alliance

• Options
    Bman wrote: »
    How would this be leeching? They are in YOUR alliance. Wouldn’t u want them to get great rewards so they become a stronger player and help the alliance even more?!? If u think that would b leeching, you should kick that player if that’s how your alliance works. Alliances should b helping all players, especially lower players, so they can grow and give back to the alliance

There would have to be some sort of guideline in place to prevent real leeching. For example, the uncollected version of this quest would most likely give out 6* shards... It would be ridiculous to allow players without any 4* champs to leech off of alliances that are getting these 6* shards. But I think it would be very simple to allow alliances to run a quest only if everyone in the alliance has been able to complete the corresponding monthly EQ.
  • Options
    cAncAmO wrote: »
    they prefer to still making pathetic missions as mercenary missions or pym canisters missions...

Yeah it is sad... I think they could do a lot better than the recycling that they have done recently which is why I posted this thread in the first place. We need some brand new fresh content.
  • Options
    This is just a random thought... but if Alliance Event Quests were a thing, you could have an alliance legends event for alliances to compete for. This could give your alliance a little badge that shows when people are viewing your alliance to kind of set you apart (And would probably generate even more revenue for Kabam because the whale alliances would spend a ridiculous amount to get their alliance these legends badges).
  • Options
    cAncAmO wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    This is just a random thought... but if Alliance Event Quests were a thing, you could have an alliance legends event for alliances to compete for. This could give your alliance a little badge that shows when people are viewing your alliance to kind of set you apart (And would probably generate even more revenue for Kabam because the whale alliances would spend a ridiculous amount to get their alliance these legends badges).

another good idea, the problem is that they haven´t got good ideas related with game modes, their efforts are in make no sense new champs that make us spend as max as possible

But just think... They could put these "make no sense" champs as the boss in this mode to maximize profits! $$$ In all honesty I could see this mode becoming a mode that would draw in the most money as long as the rewards were good. There are so many ways that they could make money off of it (like a legends tag for the alliance). It really sucks though that their focus is on new champions like you said. I honestly don't get as excited anymore for new champs because you know they will just be a pain in the butt on war defense. I think many of us players would be much more excited for new events (not recycled ones like merc missions) and also character updates rather than new characters.
  • Options
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike do you guys ever take suggestions? I know the game team has a lot on their hands but it would be cool to get some acknowledgement on this. I think alliance would really enjoy a mode like this.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    This sounds dope as heck. I'm all here for it man.
  • Options
    Hi, Werewrym. Thank you very much for the suggestion! While we can't guarantee its implementation at this time as we plan updates well ahead of time, your idea will be forwarded on to the rest of the team for reading.
This discussion has been closed.