**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Void, Dorm, Domino, Electro on node 27 in war

Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
The degen Void does on node 27 in war is absolutely insane. Does anyone know why? What buff is making his degen tick for so much? I'm in tier 3 wars. I fought a Void on node 27. I went to the guys Void in the game and it was a rank 4 unduped. The Void I fought said I would take 162.1 direct damage per second. I was fighting with a 6* Killmonger with 27k heath, I'm like "no way do I need to worry about 162 damage per second, don't even worry about it". Low and behold, after a couple of combos, I look up and I'm degening for 1500 damage per second! What about node 27 is multiplying Void's degen so much? Is it counter tactics? I don't know what else it could be. So if I have a high combo on a Void on node 27, is that multiplying his degen by 20% for every hit on my combo meter? I finished the fight with 47 hits and 0 taken and my 27k health Killmonger was dead. Would this be the same as Dorm's degen, Domino's critical failure, Electro's damage back? The higher my combo meter goes, the more direct damage all these champs are going to deal back to me? Just seeing if anyone knows the answer to this. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Gregdagr8 wrote: »
    The degen Void does on node 27 in war is absolutely insane. Does anyone know why? What buff is making his degen tick for so much? I'm in tier 3 wars. I fought a Void on node 27. I went to the guys Void in the game and it was a rank 4 unduped. The Void I fought said I would take 162.1 direct damage per second. I was fighting with a 6* Killmonger with 27k heath, I'm like "no way do I need to worry about 162 damage per second, don't even worry about it". Low and behold, after a couple of combos, I look up and I'm degening for 1500 damage per second! What about node 27 is multiplying Void's degen so much? Is it counter tactics? I don't know what else it could be. So if I have a high combo on a Void on node 27, is that multiplying his degen by 20% for every hit on my combo meter? I finished the fight with 47 hits and 0 taken and my 27k health Killmonger was dead. Would this be the same as Dorm's degen, Domino's critical failure, Electro's damage back? The higher my combo meter goes, the more direct damage all these champs are going to deal back to me? Just seeing if anyone knows the answer to this. Thanks.

Counter tactics does scale Damage Over Time effects like bleed, so this is likely the culprit.

Void's damage from his Intimidating Presence debuffs is tied directly to his attack rating. So if attack rating goes up (like with counter tactics), so does the direct damage from debuffs. However, this damage isn't unavoidable. Void has a visible timer for when he'll stack another debuff on you and when it's placed, you have a short timer before the debuff takes effect. Watch your combo meter and keep it with a final digit of 9 when the timer is about to expire. This way you can quickly purify the debuff to avoid damage.

Electro's shock damage isn't tied to his own attack, rather it's a function of how hard he is struck. So counter tactics won't affect shock damage when Electro is on defense.

Around the time of Domino's release, a mod clarified that Domino's critical failure damage would not scale with nodes. As such, counter tactics shouldn't (in theory) affect the damage inflicted during a critical failure.

Dormammu's Soul Leech...I haven't seen this one myself, but I assume Counter tactics will scale the degen damage the way +attack% nodes do. My only advice is if you see Dormammu on this node, use either Blade or Hulk Ragnarok.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Counter tactics does affect critical failure from domino.
  • Options
    Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Thank you @Mirage_Turtle . That's exactly the info I was looking for, really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    No problem.
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    fought 6star rank 1 yondu there today. 22hits in then I try to party only to bleed for over a thousand per tick. It's ridiculous
  • Options
    Scøøby_DøøScøøby_Døø Posts: 89
    fought 6star rank 1 yondu there today. 22hits in then I try to party only to bleed for over a thousand per tick. It's ridiculous

don't party so hard