Coldsnap

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was playing the game and I met Iceman. I fought it with my own Iceman and it seems that Iceman is not cold immune, so he received damage from the coldsnap and the other cold charges...

Is there any logical reason for that?

I have 3 suggestions:
- make the Iceman cold immune
- Red Hulk should be able to shrug off the cold snap and the cold charges - speed should depend on how many heat charges he have
- maybe the cold damage should be coloured in blue?

Comments

  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 882
    There are good reasons for some of these things. I think Iceman should be immune to coldsnap, but I do not think they will ever change that.

    In the meantime, certain champions can help you against coldsnap, like Sabretooth and Mephisto.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 405
    Kabam logic
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 1,906
    Iceman is not cold immune ...

    For reasons, search this topic on the forums. It has been argued to death already.
  • RandomizerRuns_4RandomizerRuns_4 Posts: 707
    edited August 10
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...
  • NemurioNemurio Posts: 5
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    Maybe it's because he is triple immune already
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 568
    Nemurio wrote: »


    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    For the same reason why ghost rider can take damage from incinerate.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 326
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...


    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    How come a creature made entirely of ice doesnt melt when standing inside an aura made of fire from hell? Its nonsense
  • NemurioNemurio Posts: 5

    IcsGrec wrote: »
    Nemurio wrote: »


    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    For the same reason why ghost rider can take damage from incinerate.

    But GR fire does not Incinerate as it was described by Kabam as different type of fire as for Dormammu.
    Voltolos wrote: »
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...


    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    How come a creature made entirely of ice doesnt melt when standing inside an aura made of fire from hell? Its nonsense

    I am not telling this is okay, but still this logic does not explain cold-cold damage
  • RandomizerRuns_4RandomizerRuns_4 Posts: 707
    edited August 10
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    My argument is the exact same as your argument. Sentry shouldn't even be scratched by Hawkeye. Makes no sense... just like like how a guy made of Ice is harmed by Ice. Makes no sense. But it is still just a game. Enjoy it for what it is & have a nice day...
  • Voltolos wrote: »
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...


    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    How come a creature made entirely of ice doesnt melt when standing inside an aura made of fire from hell? Its nonsense

    You do know that Iceman froze all of Hell, right?
  • Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    My argument is the exact same as your argument. Sentry shouldn't even be scratched by Hawkeye. Makes no sense... just like like how a guy made of Ice is harmed by Ice. Makes no sense. But it is still just a game. Enjoy it for what it is & have a nice day...

    Yeah, no...It's not the same. Your argument would break the game. His argument would just add an extra immunity to Iceman.
  • WyldstyleWyldstyle Posts: 38
    It does make sense. I see why kabam won't do it. But there is only one champ that does cold damage. So it's not like having him immune to ice would affect several other champs. For example, making GR immune to incinerate would now make him that much stronger against EVERY champ that does incinerate damage. So making iceman immune to cold damage doesn't really have the same impact as making GR incinerate or even poison immune. But that's just my opinion.
  • RandomizerRuns_4RandomizerRuns_4 Posts: 707
    edited August 11
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    My argument is the exact same as your argument. Sentry shouldn't even be scratched by Hawkeye. Makes no sense... just like like how a guy made of Ice is harmed by Ice. Makes no sense. But it is still just a game. Enjoy it for what it is & have a nice day...

    Yeah, no...It's not the same. Your argument would break the game. His argument would just add an extra immunity to Iceman.

    He is already a triple immune God-Tier champion. Yes, making Iceman immune to Coldsnap as well could definitely hurt the game.

    At that point, might as well make him immune to stun too... because how do you stun a dude made of water? As well as Shock immune... can't really hurt Ice with Electricity... that makes no sense. Shall I go on...???? This discussion is so pointless its not even funny...
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 998
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    My argument is the exact same as your argument. Sentry shouldn't even be scratched by Hawkeye. Makes no sense... just like like how a guy made of Ice is harmed by Ice. Makes no sense. But it is still just a game. Enjoy it for what it is & have a nice day...

    Yeah, no...It's not the same. Your argument would break the game. His argument would just add an extra immunity to Iceman.

    He is already a triple immune God-Tier champion. Yes, making Iceman immune to Coldsnap as well could definitely hurt the game.

    At that point, might as well make him immune to stun too... because how do you stun a dude made of water? As well as Shock immune... can't really hurt Ice with Electricity... that makes no sense. Shall I go on...???? This discussion is so pointless its not even funny...

    Making him Immune to coldsnap isn't game breaking. There's only one champ with that ability so how is it game breaking ? If ur only purpose here is to argue then go do it somewhere else and put on ur big girl panties.
  • Namelez wrote: »
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    My argument is the exact same as your argument. Sentry shouldn't even be scratched by Hawkeye. Makes no sense... just like like how a guy made of Ice is harmed by Ice. Makes no sense. But it is still just a game. Enjoy it for what it is & have a nice day...

    Yeah, no...It's not the same. Your argument would break the game. His argument would just add an extra immunity to Iceman.

    He is already a triple immune God-Tier champion. Yes, making Iceman immune to Coldsnap as well could definitely hurt the game.

    At that point, might as well make him immune to stun too... because how do you stun a dude made of water? As well as Shock immune... can't really hurt Ice with Electricity... that makes no sense. Shall I go on...???? This discussion is so pointless its not even funny...

    Making him Immune to coldsnap isn't game breaking. There's only one champ with that ability so how is it game breaking ? If ur only purpose here is to argue then go do it somewhere else and put on ur big girl panties.

    Couldn't agree more. How is adding Coldsnap Immunity to Iceman going to hurt the game anyways? The only thing that it's going to affect is Iceman vs Iceman fights.
  • Namelez wrote: »
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    My argument is the exact same as your argument. Sentry shouldn't even be scratched by Hawkeye. Makes no sense... just like like how a guy made of Ice is harmed by Ice. Makes no sense. But it is still just a game. Enjoy it for what it is & have a nice day...

    Yeah, no...It's not the same. Your argument would break the game. His argument would just add an extra immunity to Iceman.

    He is already a triple immune God-Tier champion. Yes, making Iceman immune to Coldsnap as well could definitely hurt the game.

    At that point, might as well make him immune to stun too... because how do you stun a dude made of water? As well as Shock immune... can't really hurt Ice with Electricity... that makes no sense. Shall I go on...???? This discussion is so pointless its not even funny...

    Making him Immune to coldsnap isn't game breaking. There's only one champ with that ability so how is it game breaking ? If ur only purpose here is to argue then go do it somewhere else and put on ur big girl panties.

    Truth is, he is already a great champion. You should stop being butt hurt that not everything in the game makes sense... Iceman isn't immune to Coldsnap... & he shouldn't be, & never will... so stop crying about it Buttercup.
  • NemurioNemurio Posts: 5
    Randomizer and why in your opinion he shouldn’t be cold immune?

    This change would not affect most of the fights only Iceman vs Iceman as mentioned above. This is the only possible change. I understand that nothing in this game have sense, however if other things can be explained, this one in my opinion could not.

    Still I am saying that this should be changed. Altogether with Rulk addition to cold resistant and not cold immune.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 131
    Iceman not being coldsnap immune makes as much sense as Electro taking shock damage, Dormammu and Ghost Rider taking Incinerate damage, etc.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 400
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    The same way a creature made of fire (Ghost Rider) is not inmune to fire damage. It is the game logic, not logic logic.
  • NemurioNemurio Posts: 5
    About Dormammu and Ghost Rider ot was somewhere explained that is not a normal fire (so it does not burn) and by the way they do not incinerate.

    But the Iceman situation is still different
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 948
    edited August 27
    I don't like the idea of Iceman being cold immune for one reason only: Iceman is too good.

    He has relatively high health and somewhat low attack. As such, he relies on cold charges to deal serious damage. If two Icemans (Icemen?) fight, the battle already takes quite some time, due to Iceman's high health, ice armor, and whatever. If Iceman was cold immune, the fight would take even longer, due to the fact that it would just be, to a less dramatic extent, a fight between two Groots. This effect if intensified by a battle where the defender is greatly stronger than the attacker. Just, overall, not too good an idea. Iceman is the only champ that has cold debuffs, so I don't think he can be given cold debuffs by any other champ anyway.
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 4,670
    edited August 27
    Simply because this is a fictional game that happens in it's own universe, and not real life or marvel universe.
    Being a fictional world is enough of a reason for him to not be immune to coldsnap. Imagine it like if it was reiatsu. You use it to affect those around you without affecting yourself, but another one can do the same to you.
    Iceman is immune to his own coldsnap, but he isn't immune to another iceman coldsnap.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 596
    Nemurio wrote: »
    I also noticed Sentry isn't immune to damage from the likes of Hawkeye & Black Widow. Any logical reason for that? Also, why doesn't Pheonix automatically win every fight with a single thought? And why does Archangel fly without flapping his wings?????

    Oh right.... its just a game, & I probably shouldn't take it so literally. My bad...

    Sorry but your argumentation is wrong. I understand that some things can be simplified as it is a game. But it is still not explaining anything.

    How come creature made entirely of ice, can be hurt by cold... it is nonsense. He should hurt himself.

    He's actually made up of pixels and info, ones and zeros
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 596
    Simply because this is a fictional game that happens in it's own universe, and not real life or marvel universe.
    Being a fictional world is enough of a reason for him to not be immune to coldsnap. Imagine it like if it was reiatsu. You use it to affect those around you without affecting yourself, but another one can do the same to you.
    Iceman is immune to his own coldsnap, but he isn't immune to another iceman coldsnap.

    True like maybe someone is immune to fire but not the fire that is made from aonther enemy, it might not burn but still hurts and causes damage. Like the fire from the enemy might have a different composer than regular fire.
  • LevsLevs Posts: 5
    I’ve just sucked it up and took mine to Rank 5 5* 165 sig...and never regret my decision..his damage is insane...but yeah logically he has to be immune to coldsnap..😁👍
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 917
    edited August 28
    kabam is gonna bring johhny storm in this game one day. him and iceman should cancel out each other but i bet you they wont lol. johnny storm wont even be incinerate immune. Kabam universe, kabam logic
Sign In or Register to comment.