**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik's Limbo scaling on Alliance War Defense

I'm posting this under Bugs and Known Issues, because I think it's both a bug ... and very much a known issue.

At the risk of making lots of players who have invested in Magik as a defender REALLY upset ... I'm just going to be blunt. Limbo is broken in regards to Alliance war when Magik is placed as a defender. Base abilities like Regeneration were modified so that they DID NOT scale, with additional health provided by the tile/node. Limbo scales proportionate to the sum total of champion attack AFTER the enhancements from the tile/node are applied.

Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't seen this "officially" addressed anywhere ... aside from people complaining on Line/Discord. Please direct me to a previous post if it has already been discussed. My searches yielded 0 results:
No results for limbo war.
No results for magik war.

Regarding the previous modifications to AW defensive placement and how nodes/tiles impact base stats ... I can only assume that damage based abilities are supposed to behave the same way health based abilities do. Which, it was made very clear by your team, that health based abilities should not scale.

Base Limbo for this particular Magik should yield 289.75 Energy damage per second:

2j01ytvrlt8i.png

But, in war ... you can clearly see the damage is 485 per tick (defensive player's name has been blurred to protect the innocent)...

ddttx4k3nqsn.png

To this end ... players are playing perfectly ... yet still die several times without ever once being hit. You've made it clear that you don't want to "isolate" certain champs, and that all champs should be relatively capable of clearing the in-game content. Granted, certain champs have major advantages over others, regarding VERY specific content ... but I don't think, "Use this specific champ" is an acceptable response.

yh0c7qzcg4ik.pngn7igrb6uya5v.png

If this is how Limbo is supposed to behave, just say so... and I suppose we'll accept that. But right, dozens (I'm not going to exaggerate and say I've talked this over with hundreds of people) of people I've talked to and discussed this with agree that they do not think Limbo should behave this way.

Comments

• Options
    CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    Use voodoo odd combo 1. We wreck magiks now.
  • Options
    CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    This has been going on for a while deal bro. This how the big boys play
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Limbo damage is supposed to increase with nodes or boosts
  • Options
    shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    ... I can only assume that damage based abilities are supposed to behave the same way health based abilities do.
    Your assumption is incorrect I'm afraid.
    Searches probably don't yield helpful results because the original changelog thread for 12.0 was in the old forum, which has now disappeared (despite stating this wouldn't happen).
    In that thread it was well discussed that only regeneration effects would not scale at all with any kind of boost, be it node boost, summoner appreciation boost, synergy, greater vitality mastery, user applied boost and so on.
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    True ,voodoo is the best ,magik killer. See YT videos for reference.
  • Options
    seeker1458seeker1458 Posts: 17
    CYNDRDBODY wrote: »
    This has been going on for a while deal bro. This how the big boys play

Thank you for your revelation in Big Boy game play...

Well aware that this has been the state of AW for quite some time. Hence the post ... I've had several conversations in the past months regarding AW being a "Magik fiesta" as one Salty man would say.

Again,.. just seeking some definitive clarity on the matter. And like I said in the post ... if this is indeed how it's supposed to function ... we'll, or I'll ... deal with it. Just like we've been doing...I just haven't seen an official comment saying it's supposed to behave this way.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    shingbab wrote: »
    ... I can only assume that damage based abilities are supposed to behave the same way health based abilities do.
    Your assumption is incorrect I'm afraid.
    Searches probably don't yield helpful results because the original changelog thread for 12.0 was in the old forum, which has now disappeared (despite stating this wouldn't happen).
    In that thread it was well discussed that only regeneration effects would not scale at all with any kind of boost, be it node boost, summoner appreciation boost, synergy, greater vitality mastery, user applied boost and so on.

I think this is how I remember the wording. It's only based on base when it is regen specifically and not all healing abilities. Technically, limbo is not a buff nor a regen as damage is simply "rewound." It's certainly ambiguous, but I can see why limbo would be an exception.

Either way, a clear and official response to this post would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Lots of champs rinse magiks now even as 4 stars, magik as a boss is no longer even intimidating to top tier alliances. Archangels one shot magik, Doctor voodoos one shot magik, gwenpool, elektra, other magiks last till the end of the timer, og vision last till the end of the timer and a couple more. While I agree it is strange damage effects scale while regen doesn't ,with the right champions and lots of skill magik is not really any problem anymore even 4/40 champions could get down a magik boss without giving her any kills
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    After thinking about this some more, I think the "regen" and damage from limbo are working as intended.

For the "regen" it says "Any damage" is reversed. So scaling and base stats are irrelevant here. Plus limbo is not regen nor is it a buff.

For damage, I think the increase is not from the increase of Magik's stats, but from the "Champion Boost" that is from the node. So...

1. Magik's base limbo damage is ~270
    2. ~270 is increased by 100% not b/c Magik's stats are increased but b/c of the "Champion Boost"(+100% attack and health)
    3. so ~270 x 2 = ~540

And to clarify, the purpose of this discussion is not to debate if Magik is OP or how to defeat Magik. It's simply whether or not limbo is working as designed. All other comments are frankly irrelevant to the discussion.