**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Diminishing returns?

Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
Hey all, I’ve been playing the game for quite a while but I have yet to figure out what Diminishing Returns is. I’ve seen it mentioned many times alongside the events of 12.0, just curious.

Comments

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Something isn't as effective as it was the first time and progressively gets less effective.

Like the limber node.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Best 2 examples are Armor ups and Armor Breaks
    Basically if Armor up is worth X then each addition armor up will be X-n or X÷n not positive. But essentially the first buff is the strongest each addition buff of the same form is then less effective.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Ohhh okay I get it, thanks y’all!
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Best 2 examples are Armor ups and Armor Breaks
    Basically if Armor up is worth X then each addition armor up will be X-n or X÷n not positive. But essentially the first buff is the strongest each addition buff of the same form is then less effective.

This goes for debuffs as well by the way.
    One of the reasons why a perfectly okay duped Iron Fist is now far less effective than he used to be.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Something isn't as effective as it was the first time and progressively gets less effective.

Like the limber node.

If you know math, then DR is PercentageValue = FlatStatValue / (FlatStatValue + 1500 + OpponentChallengeRating).

If math's not your thing, refer to @ZzyzxGuy 's explanation above.