Champion Spotlight - Heimdall

Heimdall enters The Contest August 16th at 10AM PDT!

About Heimdall:

One of the greatest warriors of Asgard, Heimdall was appointed Guardian of the Rainbow Bridge for all time, by Odin All-Father. His eyes can see all of creation, and his ears can hear a whisper from anywhere in the Nine Realms. Heimdall has many times saved Asgard, detecting threats long before they can become a danger, and either dispatching the threat himself or sounding Gjallarhorn to call forth the other defenders of Asgard.

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 16952
Attack: 1047
Max PI:
Without Signature: 3791
With Signature (99): 4703

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 33989
Attack: 2098
Max PI:
Without Signature: 7635
With Signature (200): 10340

Character Class: Cosmic

Basic Abilities: Armor, Fury, Armor Break, Power Gain, Stun
*All abilities based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Fury - Buff
• When Striking or being Blocked by an Opponent, Heimdall gains Passive Fury charges
• On reaching 100 charges they convert into a Fury Buff increasing Attack by 209 lasting 10 seconds.

*** Developer Note: Both Heimdall’s Fury and Armor Ups build at the same rate, gaining 16 charges when striking the Opponent (or being Struck for Armor Ups), and 8 charges when striking a block (or blocking for Armor Ups).

Armor Up - Buff
• When Struck by or Blocking an Opponent’s attack, Heimdall gains Passive Armor Charges.
• On reaching 100 charges they convert into an Armor Up Buff increasing Armor by 857 lasting 10 seconds.

*** Developer Note: Heimdall will only trigger Armor Ups in response to you striking either him or his block.

While Charging Heavy Attack
• Remove 1 active Fury, Armor Up, Precision, or Aptitude Buff, triggered by Heimdall’s abilities, and replace it with one with an infinite Duration.
• Heimdall can have a maximum of 5 of these Buffs at a time.

*** Developer Note: You can only convert 1 Buff per Heavy Attack, but it converts as soon as your Heavy starts, whether you hit or not. Heimdall tries to convert Buffs in a specific order: Aptitude -> Precision -> Fury -> Armor Up

True Sight - Passive
• Every time he activates a Special Attack, Heimdall gains a permanent True Strike Buff as long as he doesn’t already have one active. This Buff is lost if Heimdall is Struck.
• While True Strike is active Heimdall’s Attacks cannot be avoided with Dexterity, he can trigger the Parry Mastery against projectiles, and has a 25% chance to Auto-Block Basic Attacks, this will trigger Parry.

*** Developer Note: Be careful when swinging into a Heimdall with True Strike, try and clear the True Strike with a Special or Heavy attack first, or just have a Stagger waiting to insta-clear it. Also give him a wide berth when he triggers his Special Attacks, as you won’t be able to Dexterity away from them. Not a big deal with his Special 1 as it’s all melee, but his Special 2 has a projectile in it.

Special 1: Hofund - Heimdall wields his uru sword Hofund with powerful sweeping blows, combining his natural strength with enchantments woven into the blade by Odin himself.
• 100% chance to Armor Break the Opponent once for each Fury Buff more than Armor Up Buff currently active on Heimdall. These Armor Breaks reduce Armor by 105 and last for 10 seconds.
• 100% chance to gain a Power Gain Buff for each Armor Up Buff more than Fury Buff active on Heimdall. These Power Gains grant 12.5% of his Max Power, over 10 seconds.

*** Developer Note: Heimdall’s Armor Breaks won’t grant him additional Damage while his True Strike is active, as it’s ignoring his Opponent’s Armor (positive or negative), however they’re still very useful in certain matchups clearing Armor effects from the Opponent.

Special 2: Blue Flame of the Stars - Channeling the cosmic power of the stars themselves, Heimdall unleashes a blast of blue flame of terrifying power.
• 100% Chance to be Unblockable if you have least 1 Armor Up Buff.
• 100% Chance to Stun for 2.5 seconds if you have at least 1 Fury Buff.

*** Developer Note: Remember that note about how Heimdall only triggers Armor Ups in reaction to you striking him or his block? Don’t let him throw a Special 2 at you while he’s got an Armor Up!

Special 3: Master of the Bifrost - Heimdall unlocks the Bifrost, unleashing the power of the rainbow bridge itself upon his opponent.
• 100% Chance to grant an Aptitude Buff, increasing the potency of Armor, Fury, and Precision Buffs by 50% lasting for 15 seconds.

*** Developer Note: Aptitude doesn’t improve Buffs that were already active when it triggers, however it will improve them if active when Heimdall converts one into an infinite Duration Buff.

Signature Ability: All Seeing
• Heimdall gains a 100% chance to trigger a Precision Buff increasing Critical Rating by 535 and lasting for 10 seconds, each time a True Strike Buff activates on him.
• Heimdall converts all of the Buffs active on him at the end of the previous fight into Power. Start the fight with a Power Gain Buff granting 7.47% of his Max Power per Buff converted at the beginning of the fight, over 5 seconds.

Synergy Bonuses:

Guardian of the Rainbow Bridge - Heimdall - Unique Synergy
• All Champions except Heimdall: Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, the first time you would be knocked out gain both an Indestructible and an Unstoppable Buff which last for 2 seconds.

Warriors of Asgard - Thor, Thor (Ragnarok), Loki - Unique Synergy
• All Champions except Heimdall: Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, dash back and hold Block for 1.5 seconds to Regenerate 15% of missing Health instantly.

Lost Daughters of Asgard - Angela, Hela - Unique Synergy
• All Champions except Heimdall: Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, dash back and hold Block for 1.5 seconds to gain an infinite Duration Fury Buff increasing attack by 15% of Base Attack.

Enchanted Blades - Magik, Guillotine - Unique Synergy
• All Champions except Heimdall: Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, dash back and hold Block for 1.5 seconds to gain an infinite Duration Precision Buff increasing Critical Rate by 250.

Recommended Masteries:

Recovery
• Heimdall has a Synergy that allows him to grant a once per fight Regen to his teammates, Recovery will help boost this further.

Precision
• Heimdall has a low base Critical Rating, the Precision Mastery will help compensate for that weakness.

Glass Cannon
• A big part of playing Heimdall is avoiding hits to keep his True Strike active, so the health penalty of Glass Cannon isn’t a big deal.

Strong Match-ups:

Spider-Man
• Heimdall’s ability to keep True Strike up for most of a fight allows him to counter your friendly neighbourhood Evader, even in a Stun/Debuff Immune fight.

Iron Man (Infinity War)
• Iron Man (Infinity War) has a tough combination of abilities, but Heimdall can place multiple Armor Breaks to help keep Iron Man from building to his Auto-Block threshold, and True Strike to suppress the Auto-Block if the threshold is reached.

Yondu
• Yondu can be a tricky fight for many champions. But with his True Sight enhancement to True Strike, Heimdall takes away one of Yondu’s most potent Defensive tricks, by being able to Parry Stun against Projectiles, like Yondu’s Yaka Arrow.

Weak Match-ups:

Ronan
• Fighting Ronan is a matchup that Heimdall will need to be careful in. Due to needing to build up a lot of Buffs, if Heimdall gets hit by one of Ronan’s Special Attacks, not only will it hurt a lot, but he could find himself Stunned until Ronan finishes him off.

Mephisto
• With class disadvantage, being unable to trigger Buffs for the first 15 seconds of the fight, and no way to prevent either the Incinerate Aura or the Regeneration, Heimdall will struggle against Mephisto.

Dormammu
• This matchup pretty much comes down to Heimdall’s propensity to trigger Buffs, and Dormammu’s Signature Ability. Without a way to heal through, or prevent the trigger of, Dormammu’s Degeneration, this will be another tough fight for Heimdall.

Comments

• FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 69
    So 5 infinite buffs..not 5 of each type right..so 5 total..2 armor 3 fury...5 fury...5 armor
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 1,760
    edited August 15
    As far as aptitude buffs are concerned, if you convert 4 and have 1 fury, do they all stack? Can you explain the interaction of aptitude since we’ve only seen it once before with Angela and it’s not used at all?

The way I picture it is you have a base 209 attack with one fury buff and 4 aptitude buffs give an additional 50% each (104.5 attack) giving him a total of 627 additional attack. However if you have 4 fury and 1 aptitude buff, that’s 209*4*1.5=1,254 additional attack.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 976
    The synergies are cool
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 1,519
    Wait so Hemidall synergizes with himself??? What?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 2,534
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Goldpool du it to
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 60
    While true strike is active, can Heimdall stop champions like spiderman classic from evading?

Also while true strike is active, will he take reverberation damage from killmonger's reververation armor?
    Gamer wrote: »
    Goldpool du it to

I honestly did not know that... And I know a lot of things :tongue: So this synergy is always active? Why not make it part of his abilities then?
  • Werewrym wrote: »

I’m assuming it’s like Goldpool’s solo synergy. This only makes it not usable for AW Defense and should just be considered an additional ability.
    Goldpool du it to

I honestly did not know that... And I know a lot of things :tongue: So this synergy is always active? Why not make it part of his abilities then?

For one, so it doesn’t work in AWD and two because it makes more sense as a synergy and not an ability. An ability is usually beneficial to the champ that has it. In this case, it’s beneficial only to other champs.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,362
    edited August 15
    Well, people were finding IMIW a bit of a pain in defense. Aren't we lucky that there's a new champion who's a good counter to him?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,362
    Back to sensible comments:

Synergy Bonuses:

• All Champions except Heimdall: Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, the first time you would be knocked out gain both an Indestructible and an Unstoppable Buff which last for 2 seconds.

So, for practical purposes, this is essentially a synergy with every other champion? Is that right?

Is this available at all ranks, or is it only at 4* and above?
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Goldpool du it to

For one, so it doesn’t work in AWD and two because it makes more sense as a synergy and not an ability. An ability is usually beneficial to the champ that has it. In this case, it’s beneficial only to other champs.

Yeah I thought about that right after I posted... Still, I kind of think its dumb to have a synergy with yourself, especially one as powerful as that one. All of his synergies appear to be quite powerful.
    Goldpool du it to

Yeah I thought about that right after I posted... Still, I kind of think its dumb to have a synergy with yourself, especially one as powerful as that one. All of his synergies appear to be quite powerful.

They can be powerful for sure, but they are one time use only. Still in something like AQ, AW, or even uncollected questing, that regen can help a ton. Loki sure has been getting a lot of love lately with these new synergies.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 473
    When it says All Champions does it mean All on your AQ team or All listed in that synergy? Don't want to Assume anything.
  • Back to sensible comments:

Synergy Bonuses:

So, for practical purposes, this is essentially a synergy with every other champion? Is that right?

Is this available at all ranks, or is it only at 4* and above?

Correct! And it's available for 3-Star and up! :)
  • My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 1,127
    Does “Guardian of the Rainbow Bridge” work on AW Attack?
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 582
    edited August 15
    all synergies work for AW attack, none works for AW defense.
    edited August 15
    Technically if the synergy bonus applies to all champions except Heimdall should it still be labelled as an unique synergy.... Unique synergy only applies to the champs they synergize with.
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    So he can ignore Evasion, Autoblock, break armor, and he stops any and all his teammates from dying? Seems pretty powerful.
    So he can ignore Evasion, Autoblock, break armor, and he stops any and all his teammates from dying? Seems pretty powerful.

Well I assume you are talking about AW attack which is a 3 person team. Heimdall and 2 others so maximum 3 of the 4 synergies possible. He does stop teammates from dying but only for 2 extra seconds... Bleed effect will easily finish them off

Well I assume you are talking about AW attack which is a 3 person team. Heimdall and 2 others so maximum 3 of the 4 synergies possible. He does stop teammates from dying but only for 2 extra seconds... Bleed effect will easily finish them off

Or if you’re about to die it will let you play more aggressively and push champs to L3. For champs that bleed or incinerate on L3 it’s not a great idea but against champs like Hyperion or Magik, why not? Plus the regen is nice. I’m assuming it’s affected by recovery.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 210
    edited August 15
    Might be an obvious answer but I would like to get it confirmed - Heimdall's True Strike also has all the properties of regular true strike, correct? As in he avoids evasion, armor, and autoblock with the addition of his unique bonuses of parrying projectiles and gaining autoblock.

Or if you’re about to die it will let you play more aggressively and push champs to L3. For champs that bleed or incinerate on L3 it’s not a great idea but against champs like Hyperion or Magik, why not? Plus the regen is nice. I’m assuming it’s affected by recovery.

Yup agree... Also don't forget the ability reduction champs... I learnt it the hard way when my KM indestructible charge doesn't stop a sp3

I’m going to use him with Blade and Ghost Rider so I can heal during those two seconds.
    edited August 15

I’m going to use him with Blade and Ghost Rider so I can heal during those two seconds.

If you switch out blade or GR with one of the Thors or Loki you can also instant regen an extra 15% of missing health by dash back and holding block (if not used yet) via their synergy. Might be better with blade since you are already holding block for the regen... 2birds with 1 stone
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 350
    I got a question. How does heimdalls true strike interact with hoods invisibility and ghosts phasing?
  • This guy looks amazing will be adding him to my roster as soon as the crystals come out, I have some units saved up :D

If you switch out blade or GR with one of the Thors or Loki you can also instant regen an extra 15% of missing health by dash back and holding block (if not used yet) via their synergy. Might be better with blade since you are already holding block for the regen... 2birds with 1 stone

Wow 6-star Loki is looking good. I was thinking, in regards to Ghost Rider, you could fire off a Heavy Attack during the 2 second invulnerability and then follow up with a special or well timed parry/intercept to make some nice health gains.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 60
    nIHSEAN wrote: »
    While true strike is active, can Heimdall stop champions like spiderman classic from evading?

Also while true strike is active, will he take reverberation damage from killmonger's reververation armor?

@Kabam Vydious Can you please answer this?
    Thankyou
  • Lester2332Lester2332 Posts: 30
    Am i missing something... how does Heimdall synergise with himself??? in fact he does not get any advantage from his synergies.