Champion Spotlight - Heimdall

Comments

• nIHSEAN wrote: »
    While true strike is active, can Heimdall stop champions like spiderman classic from evading?

Also while true strike is active, will he take reverberation damage from killmonger's reververation armor?

He can definitely stop Spider-man evade but not sure he can stop reverberation damage from killmonger's reverberation armor as its a direct damage and True strike does not stop direct damage.
  • So Heimdall have no synergies for himself ? I know those synergies are extremely good but we should at least have one synergie for him.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,759 ★★★
    So Heimdall have no synergies for himself ? I know those synergies are extremely good but we should at least have one synergie for him.

They may come with future champs, like Korg and (?) Valkyrie.

Kabam are doing some odd/interesting things lately with synergies:

Sentinel has many synergies, but gains all the benefit - no-one else benefits from their synergy with Sentinel.

Captain America Infinity War (CAIW) has many synergies, but gains none of the benefit - he doesn't benefit at all from any of his synergies apart from Science. This is off-set somewhat by his Sig ability, which works a lot like synergies do.

Goldpool has a synergy with himself. Now so does Heimdall.

So Kabam is clearly experimenting with synergies. I'm sure Heimdall will get some at some point. Kabam might even add some with older champs, such as Original Thor.

We can hope!
  • Does this mean mordo is a good counter for heimdall since he can block his unblockabke special??
  • Welcome all seeing Heimdall <3
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    9% critical rating. Is it correct?
  • LynoxLynox Posts: 1
    Is heimadall in the arena
  • grud9egrud9e Posts: 43
    Where's the highlight of Hela being immortal with Heimdall synergy?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,130 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I had high hopes seeing that he could stack 5 furies permanently throughout the fight but his damage is just ok. But couple that with the lowest base crit rate I’ve ever seen and his damage output is really sad. 9% crit rate? I barely see any crits. What’s his purpose?

Edit: I really love Heimdall as a character and want to like him. I will do more testing but I feel like he should hit way harder.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Anyone who was expecting amazing things from heimdall will be disappointed. He isn’t that good on his own other than a high health pool. He hits like a 6 year old school girl compaired to a lot of other characters.
    His main use is a support champ whith his synergy. He will heal you or give a fury.
    Sad..... so sad
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 283 ★★
    edited August 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I had high hopes seeing that he could stack 5 furies permanently throughout the fight but his damage is just ok. But couple that with the lowest base crit rate I’ve ever seen and his damage output is really sad. 9% crit rate? I barely see any crits. What’s his purpose?

Edit: I really love Heimdall as a character and want to like him. I will do more testing but I feel like he should hit way harder.

You're intended to convert one of his signature ability precision buffs into a permanent one with his heavy. His crit rate with just one precision buff will then be about average or slightly higher than most characters. Unfortunately this means that yes he needs to be duped.

You're intended to convert one of his signature ability precision buffs into a permanent one with his heavy. His crit rate with just one precision buff will then be about average or slightly higher than most characters. Unfortunately this means that yes he needs to be duped.

So I originally thought the ideal mix was 4 fury and 1 aptitude. Now is it 3 fury, 1 precision, and 1 aptitude? I wonder what the perfect mix is.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 60
    Lester2332 wrote: »
    nIHSEAN wrote: »
    While true strike is active, can Heimdall stop champions like spiderman classic from evading?

Also while true strike is active, will he take reverberation damage from killmonger's reververation armor?

He can definitely stop Spider-man evade but not sure he can stop reverberation damage from killmonger's reverberation armor as its a direct damage and True strike does not stop direct damage.

Yeah i just want to hear from kabam how it is supposed to interact since these thing and not clearing described in his abilities.
  • Anyone having issues where he does not convert a fury (with infinite duration) by holding heavy???
    Anyone having issues where he does not convert a fury (with infinite duration) by holding heavy???

No problems I’ve seen. He can only convert a buff if he doesn’t already 5 total converted between aptitude, precision, fury, and armor.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 393
    edited August 2018
    Anyone having issues where he does not convert a fury (with infinite duration) by holding heavy???

No problems I’ve seen. He can only convert a buff if he doesn’t already 5 total converted between aptitude, precision, fury, and armor.

I can’t get my 5* to convert an active buff. All furies have a timer that’s not infinite. Holding/charting heavy isn’t converting any of them. The 3* does not have this issue...
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 51
    It means the synergy is always active on offense
  • Anyone else have really horrible luck with the Heimdall Crystals? I'm like $500 in the hole and didn't even get a single 4* hero, much less a 4* Heimdall. I feel so ripped off
  • ROZAR03ROZAR03 Posts: 2

Warriors of Asgard - Thor, Thor (Ragnarok), Loki - Unique Synergy
    • All Champions except Heimdall: Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, dash back and hold Block for 1.5 seconds to Regenerate 15% of missing Health instantly.

I have not been able to successfully activate "Warriors of Asgard" it only seems to be triggering for 1% regen opposed to the 15% stated. Is it broken or bugged?

The other synergy bonuses seem to be working fine.
  • It seems like the true strike count as an infinity buff if he's active so I can only reach 4 fury buff when true strike is active.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 760 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    ROZAR03 wrote: »

Warriors of Asgard - Thor, Thor (Ragnarok), Loki - Unique Synergy
    • All Champions except Heimdall: Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, dash back and hold Block for 1.5 seconds to Regenerate 15% of missing Health instantly.

I have not been able to successfully activate "Warriors of Asgard" it only seems to be triggering for 1% regen opposed to the 15% stated. Is it broken or bugged?

The other synergy bonuses seem to be working fine.

Is 15% of missing health... Not 15% of total health, so is alot less if you have more health. Is working for me so far... Just trying not to use it until low health
  • mbzbombzbo Posts: 34
    He has some awesome synergies, his auto block coulf be tough to deal with
  • Kabam you’re launch was a fail....... heimdalls attack doesn’t stack as intended and his parry projectiles doesn’t work as planned..... on top of the the attack base is that of a 2* champion.... sad to see so much hype for a champ and fail to deliver can you guys confirm that a champ that has the ability to raise base attack is falling way below intended and why.....
  • I hve done 5k but i did not get the champ how much points i need to do to get it
  • GamerGamer Posts: 3,864 ★★★★
    Kabam you’re launch was a fail....... heimdalls attack doesn’t stack as intended and his parry projectiles doesn’t work as planned..... on top of the the attack base is that of a 2* champion.... sad to see so much hype for a champ and fail to deliver can you guys confirm that a champ that has the ability to raise base attack is falling way below intended and why.....
    he Can parry proctioln just Not sp becasse sp proctiol wuld be to op and then stun

• I think Heimdall needs a buff: a few little tweaks. I don't expect every champ to be god-tier, but the current meta requires average or better damage for a champ to even be considered a contender for end-game content.

I think Heimdall makes sense as a support/utility champ, but his damage is well below average. I thought True Strike would have a bigger impact on his total damage numbers: it really doesn't.

I'd like to see Kabam tweak his base crit a little higher: up to 15% maybe. With all his buffs he'll still be among average champs. Not a raw damage machine like Spider-man (Stark Enhanced) but at least he'll be more useful than a trophy champ and an occasional utility.
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 44
    The fury he has is so weak and hard to build up. Also, he shouldn't have such a low crit rate, which makes him basically handicapped when unduped. I'm a little disappointed.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed with him here. Not only is his damage output abysmal but his armor rating and block proficiency are well below average too. He's basically a frail and weak walking true strike. I'm sorry but giving him TS doesn't mean everything else about him has to be below average.
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 44
    edited August 2018
    It doesn't make sense that he needs to be duped and ramp up during the fight to be just average on crit rate and attack. Also he is probably the only champ that needs to be awakened to make up his disability but not gaining something extra? That's ridiculous. Please rethink his basic stats.
  • On a related note, both new champions released this month were heavily hyped only to disappoint those who grind for them or bought FGMCs to obtain them. In both cases, I think it's because the spotlight doesn't contain the full champ specs.

If Kabam wants transparency, champion spotlights should also contain: Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Armor, and Block Prof in the spotlight notes. It's misleading to post only health and attack when other stats can significantly determine whether the champ will even be viable. This month, both Heimdall and Red Skull underperform because of these other (non advertised stats). Last month, it was Wasp due to low block proficiency. Most of us only found this out after going for the champion.

By not putting all the player stats, I feel like Kabam is being a little deceptive.