Champion Spotlight - Heimdall

13»

Comments

• ChuckRyan wrote: »
    On a related note, both new champions released this month were heavily hyped only to disappoint those who grind for them or bought FGMCs to obtain them. In both cases, I think it's because the spotlight doesn't contain the full champ specs.

If Kabam wants transparency, champion spotlights should also contain: Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Armor, and Block Prof in the spotlight notes. It's misleading to post only health and attack when other stats can significantly determine whether the champ will even be viable. This month, both Heimdall and Red Skull underperform because of these other (non advertised stats). Last month, it was Wasp due to low block proficiency. Most of us only found this out after going for the champion.

By not putting all the player stats, I feel like Kabam is being a little deceptive.

I saw the base stats from the EQ. When you fight any champ, you can read all their stats
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,127 ★★★★★
    ChuckRyan wrote: »
    On a related note, both new champions released this month were heavily hyped only to disappoint those who grind for them or bought FGMCs to obtain them. In both cases, I think it's because the spotlight doesn't contain the full champ specs.

If Kabam wants transparency, champion spotlights should also contain: Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Armor, and Block Prof in the spotlight notes. It's misleading to post only health and attack when other stats can significantly determine whether the champ will even be viable. This month, both Heimdall and Red Skull underperform because of these other (non advertised stats). Last month, it was Wasp due to low block proficiency. Most of us only found this out after going for the champion.

By not putting all the player stats, I feel like Kabam is being a little deceptive.

I saw the base stats from the EQ. When you fight any champ, you can read all their stats

You can’t see their crit rate/damage, armor, and block proficiency through a fight.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 2,971 ★★★★★
    ChuckRyan wrote: »

Where do we fight Korg to learn his stats?
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
    How about we don't make a total badass with a giant sword who's the guardian over the path to the universe hit like a 6 year old girl. Problem solved.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,127 ★★★★★
    I’ve been using him more and more and I think he’s actually pretty well designed. Sure, he doesn’t hit like Angela, SS, or SL, but he’s no HB, Colossus, or even Red Skull for that matter. He’s not going to hit like a truck and have all the utility he has. I accept that, but he holds his own damage wise. Perma buffs including true strike, fury, precision, and aptitude, power gain, projectile parries (sorry Yondu, IMIW, and Domino), and multiple armor breaks on L1 (think IMIW sig, Ghost, and Killmonger) gives him solid utility. Not to mention his synergies, while not able to be used by Heimdall, he alone can activate one of his most powerful synergies (unstoppable and indestructible once per fight when about to die). While he won’t be the most phenomenal damage dealer or LoL candidate, his support and utility make him an amazing candidate. I hope those that may be a little shaky on Heimdall’s usefulness take the time to test him a bit and get to know him. He actually is a really powerful character in his own right.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I’ve been using him more and more and I think he’s actually pretty well designed. Sure, he doesn’t hit like Angela, SS, or SL, but he’s no HB, Colossus, or even Red Skull for that matter. He’s not going to hit like a truck and have all the utility he has. I accept that, but he holds his own damage wise. Perma buffs including true strike, fury, precision, and aptitude, power gain, projectile parries (sorry Yondu, IMIW, and Domino), and multiple armor breaks on L1 (think IMIW sig, Ghost, and Killmonger) gives him solid utility. Not to mention his synergies, while not able to be used by Heimdall, he alone can activate one of his most powerful synergies (unstoppable and indestructible once per fight when about to die). While he won’t be the most phenomenal damage dealer or LoL candidate, his support and utility make him an amazing candidate. I hope those that may be a little shaky on Heimdall’s usefulness take the time to test him a bit and get to know him. He actually is a really powerful character in his own right.

I'm taking mine to R5 later so I'll be able to compare better against other R5 champs, but for me so far the hit count is just too much for what his main purpose should be, annoying war defenders. I brought him into attack phase for the first time last night into today and used him against stun immune 3/45 Modok miniboss. His block proficiency is just insufficient to support such a weak damage output imo. If he could withstand taking some block damage or even some hits better it would help balance things out i think, but being so deficient in both is a struggle. As a 4/40 with a 30% champ boost I landed 34 hits and did less than 14k damage, or around 25%. I'm really hoping at R5 I'll start seeing better results because dropping 19 million points for my first ever featured champ I'm expecting someone who can carry a slot consistently for more than just a synergy.
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 44
    Tested more with a 4/55 Heimdall and felt more and more disappointed. I regret to put 53 million points in the the arena now. The TS is beautiful but his damage is so low especially against stun immune node where he cannot build up furies. He is basically not a viable option for AW offense even if with the TS ability. Such a failed designed.
  • I need 2get a five or 6 star dnt got them