**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Account Sharing

Hi Kabam,

Just want to ask on how you identify if a person is sharing account or not. What if I registered 3 MCOC accounts and using it all in the same device would it be considered as account sharing.

Another instance is what If I have a friend who's no longer playing and had given me his account and I've been using his account for months, would that be considered as account sharing.

Sorry but the guidelines in account sharing is really unclear up to this point.

@Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit

Hope someone can answer this query.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    You won't get much response that indicates their methods of detection, but you are allowed to have multiple Accounts if you're the owner.
    The second case is definitely Account Sharing. Accounts are not transferable.
  • AllenPauloAllenPaulo Posts: 18
    So the account will just be left for dead is that it @GroundedWisdom ? Since I have no interests in playing the game no more and I cannot give it to someone as well. That's sad.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    AllenPaulo wrote: »
    So the account will just be left for dead is that it @GroundedWisdom ? Since I have no interests in playing the game no more and I cannot give it to someone as well. That's sad.

This is accurate. Accounts that you did not create are not kosher to use.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I think they're looking at login activity among IP addresses and time zones. I don't think that we will ever get a clear answer as to exactly what they use as factors to determine piloting. Transparency isn't really Kabam thing.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi Kabam,

Just want to ask on how you identify if a person is sharing account or not. What if I registered 3 MCOC accounts and using it all in the same device would it be considered as account sharing.

Another instance is what If I have a friend who's no longer playing and had given me his account and I've been using his account for months, would that be considered as account sharing.

Hi,

We can't share specific details about how we detect account sharing. Playing an account that someone else created and was not originally yours is against the terms of service. You should only play accounts that are yours and that you originally created. Hope that helps clarify!
  • SuprevenSupreven Posts: 7
    edited August 2018
    @Kabam Lyra what I would like to know is what does Kabam propose for times when we go on vacation away from WiFi / cell signal? I go camping and have gone to Cuba and this puts the Alliance in a tough position, especially during the summer when multiple people could be in the same situation at the same time. I appreciate the efforts to eliminate piloting, but I think you need a viable option for this situation. Based on the posts in this thread you can see we want to work within the rules. Please let us know your thoughts
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Thought50 wrote: »
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi Kabam,

Hi,

We can't share specific details about how we detect account sharing. Playing an account that someone else created and was not originally yours is against the terms of service. You should only play accounts that are yours and that you originally created. Hope that helps clarify!

What about those of us who travel weekly around the country? Along with logging in from both our iPhone and iPad, data usage and different WiFi’s?

Then you are still using your own devices.
    When you start using different devices in all the locations you go to, that’s when problems might arise. There’s a constant here (your phone and ipad).
    So buying accounts is also a No No?
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★

Are you really asking this question?
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    Wow

@ZzyzxGuy yes because I know someone who bought an account from someone just for the sole purpose of not atarting a game as a weakling and want to get into the real action too bad it seems they are being penalized for it.
  • Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    @ZzyzxGuy yes because I know someone who bought an account from someone just for the sole purpose of not atarting a game as a weakling and want to get into the real action too bad it seems they are being penalized for it.

Oof
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Supreven wrote: »
    @Kabam Lyra what I would like to know is what does Kabam propose for times when we go on vacation away from WiFi / cell signal? I go camping and have gone to Cuba and this puts the Alliance in a tough position, especially during the summer when multiple people could be in the same situation at the same time. I appreciate the efforts to eliminate piloting, but I think you need a viable option for this situation. Based on the posts in this thread you can see we want to work within the rules. Please let us know your thoughts

I travel back and forth to work and connect to different WiFi for work and home. I also took a vacation and used the cabin's WiFi and played during that time period. it won't effect you they way you are asking.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    yes because I know someone who bought an account from someone just for the sole purpose of not atarting a game as a weakling and want to get into the real action too bad it seems they are being penalized for it.

Wow part 2
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I'm at a loss for words here.
    Can't tell if the question is legit or not.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★

That's correct since it's not your account, it's a account that someone else created and it's considered account sharring people should not be using other people's accounts period.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    How about.. i have 2 accounts.... always playing with A phone.
    then i buy a new phone.. and login simulation between the phone maybe because of battery or whatever...

Is that count as Sharing?
    is it safe?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,762 ★★★★★
    Boy to Mum: Mum, my friends are telling me about this great game, Contest of Champions. Can I play it with my brother?

Mum to Boy: That is sweet. Playtime with your brother! Ok, let me create an account with my email. Remember, share, please. Take turns to play.

Boy to Mum: Cool! We will take turns. Thanks mum.

Some time later.

Mum to Boy: What happened dear? (both boys crying)

Boy to Mum: Brother (still sobbing) and me tooks turns to open a PHC each. I got a 4☆ Iron Patriot. He spinned next and we awakened the Champ! He has regen on low health and 100% stun on sp3.

Mum to Boy: Isn't that wonderful?

Boy to Mum: My friends says account will be banned as it is illegal to account share!!!

:D:D:D
    Here hoping I don't go to jail.

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Vuska wrote: »
    How about.. i have 2 accounts.... always playing with A phone.
    then i buy a new phone.. and login simulation between the phone maybe because of battery or whatever...

Is that count as Sharing?
    is it safe?

That's not account sharring and is fine, as long as you created them and as long as you're the only one who is using them.

I have two accounts and two phones and have broken or had had many devices bug out forcing me to get a new one and I've had 0 issues from kabam in the year plus that I've been doing so with their knowledge