Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

Champion Spotlight - Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)

Most kids Peter Parker’s age rush home after school to play video games or do homework, but not New York’s friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Donning his new suit with high-tech web shooters and some awesome upgrades courtesy of Tony Stark, Peter protects his home city of Queens. But a new threat has risen from the ashes caused by the Battle of New York, and Parker must look beyond his own desires and understand the true meaning of great responsibility.

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 12467
Attack: 1283
Max PI
Without Signature: 3857
With Signature (99): 4745

Character Class: Tech

When Attacked: Spider-Man’s burgeoning Spider-Sense grants him a Passive 3% chance to Evade an incoming attack.

Stark Tech AI
Against Special Attacks the Stark AI warns Spider-Man of incoming danger and increases his Evade chance by a flat +60%.
If Spider-Man is struck by a Cosmic Champion or is struck by a Heavy Attack, the Stark AI shuts down for 10 seconds while it Reboots and is completely inactive during that time.

Smack-Talk
Each time Spider-Man Evades an attack or uses the Dexterity Mastery, he gains a charge of Poise. Cooldown: 0.8 Seconds.
Each charge of Poise grants 256 Attack rating.
If Spider-Man lands 5 uninterrupted attacks, he converts a Poise charge into a Taunt Debuff on the opponent for 3 seconds. Taunt lasts 50% longer against Villain Champions.
Dodging back and allowing Spider-Man to idle for 1 second allows him to smack-talk his opponent and refresh an active Taunt.
Opponents that are Taunted have their Attack reduced by 40% and have a 70% higher chance to activate a Special Attack.

Heavy Attacks:
An EMP webshot drains 45% of the opponent’s Power Meter. Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Special 1: Spider Strike - Uppercut. Place webs. Launch self at criminal. No problem. Just like back in Queens...but what about the name?
50% chance to Stun the opponent for 2 seconds. The chance is increased by 100% if the Stark AI is active.

Special 2: Stick & Shock - Electric webshots! Thwip thwip, zap, sizzle!
Electric webshots have a 70% chance to Shock the opponent, dealing 1154 Energy Damage over 6.5 seconds. These Shock effects are overcharged and deal double damage to Robot Champions.

Special 3: Whatever a Spider Can… - Awesome entrance. Check. Blast the opponent with webshots. Got it. Launch opponent into wall. Nailed it. Strike amazing hero pose...good enough.
100% chance to Ensnare the opponent for 18 seconds. Ensnared Champions suffer 30% reduced Ability Accuracy and cannot trigger Passive Evade effects.

Signature Ability - Hero’s Mantra
Great Power (Above 50% Health) - Spider-Man’s Taunts last 2 seconds longer and each charge of Poise grants him an additional 253 Critical Rating.
Great Responsibility (Below 50% Health) - Spider-Man’s chance to Evade an attack increases by a flat +7% and each charge of Poise grants him 82 additional Block Proficiency.

Synergy Bonuses

Iron Man or Hulkbuster – Knowledge Share [Unique]
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced): A.I. Reboots 30% faster.
Iron Man and Hulkbuster: +30% Special Damage

Vulture – Avengers Tryout [Unique]
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced): +15% Ability Accuracy while the A.I. is active.
Vulture: +40% Incinerate Damage

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) and Spider-Man (Miles Morales) – Contest Noobs [Unique]
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced): Stun, Shock and Ensnare Debuffs last 30% longer.
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan): Fury Buffs gain +30% Potency.
Spider-Man (Miles Morales): Begin the fight with 2 additional Spider-Sense charges.

Recommended Masteries

Dexterity
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced) gains Poise charges when successfully using Dexterity, granting him additional Attack Rating and enabling him to Taunt the opponent.

Physical Resistance & Block Proficiency
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced) is able to Evade Special Attacks reliably, adding Block Proficiency and Physical Resistance to overall increase his durability will make Spider-Man a hard Champion to defeat.

Strengths
The new “Taunt” mechanic will allow players to easily bait Special Attacks in order to avoid being hit by the opponent’s unblockable third Special Attack.

Weaknesses
Karnak & Hyperion: Karnak is able to completely negate Spider-Man’s Evasiveness and Hyperion is able to deactivate the Stark AI when attacking, because of his Cosmic Class Advantage

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,483 ★★★★★
    Was gonna start a Thread but I'll say it here. Love him! Great job! Of course he'll be hell in War...LOL. I don't mind a challenge. Great Champ.
  • Questions:

1- Is there a limit on Poise charges?

2- He seems to fire some kind of projectile in his heavy attack. Does is work like a projectile? Or is just a small-ranged web-shot?
  • GrubGrub Posts: 121
    Do poise charges expire? What is cooldown (.80 seconds) is that how long he has to wait to gain another poise charge if doing successive evades?
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719
    Cool untillity champion
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Will the Taunt cause defensive champs on a "save to 3rd special" node to have a high chance of using specials early? As they have a 0% chance, it should increase them to 70% of firing a special while Taunt is active. Is this correct?
  • Prime99Prime99 Posts: 1
    How do I get him tho

• im guessing his taunt means nothing in AW when comes to All or nothing node huh lol or unblockable sp1 or sp2 lol
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    My question is for the taunt mechanic. When it says 5 uninterrupted attacks, does that mean a standard 5 hit combo? Or if you stop at 4 hits and block or dodge back or literally anything else does it count as interrupting the combo?
    I know it seems straight forward, but I'm just curious if the opponent has to interrupt the 5 hits or not.
    Please and thank you.
    Initial reaction is this character seems great.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 279 ★★
    edited July 2017
    For the Miles and Kamala Synergy, do Spider-Man's Parry Stuns last 30% longer too?

For the Iron Man or Hulkbuster Synergy, what happens with Special 3 attacks and 5-stars with the bonus bar? Is it something like Standard Damage from Special 3 + 30% from the Synergy (+ 0 or 12 or 20% from the bonus bar)?

Is Cinematic Spider-Man like Karnak and how he needed different classes of catalysts for Ranking, or is he strictly Tech?
    im guessing his taunt means nothing in AW when comes to All or nothing node huh lol or unblockable sp1 or sp2 lol

I'm curious about this too. If he could force opponents to use other Specials on All or Nothing nodes that would be interesting.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,601 ★★★★
    What does the 30s cool down after executing heavy attack means?

Is it that power drain will not work until after 30s?

• SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Is there a limit to the amount of taunts?
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    winterthur wrote: »

I'd guess so.
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Questions:

2- He seems to fire some kind of projectile in his heavy attack. Does is work like a projectile? Or is just a small-ranged web-shot?

It's not a projectile. Just looks cool. :smile:
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I'm sorry… Hyperion is EVERYTHING'S WEAKNESS @Kabam Miike so making a specific reference to him being a good matchup vs Stark Enhanced Spider-Man is very misleading
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,352 ★★★
    Wow, your annoying. And your everywhere! Stop posting trash!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 761 ★★
    nice champ
  • are you serious?!?!?!?!
    translate "Great power" in the meaning of Great amount of energy?!

That ridiculously stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been telling you for almost a year that your LOC team is just an awful people who grabs money for using Google Translator!!!!!!!!!
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/6390/translation-problems
  • nebneb Posts: 423 ★★★
    If his taunt will allow him to counter all or nothing nodes he's definitely got a place on a war attack team. Can we please get some clarification on this?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 928 ★★★★
    neb wrote: »
    If his taunt will allow him to counter all or nothing nodes he's definitely got a place on a war attack team. Can we please get some clarification on this?

Never happen. I'd love to be proven wrong, but no. Too hard to code that.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Not hard at all if they just zero'd out the chance on that node to do sp1 or sp2. I never thought of special chances being in % terms before, so hard to say how they have it set up.

Now could be that a 70% increase of 0% would still be 0%....but I'd like to know from Kabam on this one.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Questions:

There is a limit! You can have 10 poise charges at a time. As for his heavy attack, it only looks like a projectile, but is indeed a regular heavy attack.
  • Grub wrote: »
    Do poise charges expire? What is cooldown (.80 seconds) is that how long he has to wait to gain another poise charge if doing successive evades?

Poise charges do not expire. Stack em up!

Yes, the cooldown time is the time that you must wait in between gaining another poise charge.
  • Will the Taunt cause defensive champs on a "save to 3rd special" node to have a high chance of using specials early? As they have a 0% chance, it should increase them to 70% of firing a special while Taunt is active. Is this correct?

That's a good question. It looks like there is a chance that it will, but I'm going to get somebody to test that out before I give a definitive answer on that.
  • Drizzits wrote: »
    My question is for the taunt mechanic. When it says 5 uninterrupted attacks, does that mean a standard 5 hit combo? Or if you stop at 4 hits and block or dodge back or literally anything else does it count as interrupting the combo?
    I know it seems straight forward, but I'm just curious if the opponent has to interrupt the 5 hits or not.
    Please and thank you.
    Initial reaction is this character seems great.

It's a 5 hit combo, any which way you'd like to make that. You can hit, hit, block, hit, hit, hit, or just do a regular 5-hit combo.
  • Crushtest wrote: »
    are you serious?!?!?!?!
    translate "Great power" in the meaning of Great amount of energy?!

That ridiculously stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been telling you for almost a year that your LOC team is just an awful people who grabs money for using Google Translator!!!!!!!!!
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/6390/translation-problems

That is quite bad. I'm going to get that to the team right now.
  • winterthur wrote: »

That is exactly correct.
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Wonderful Miike. Thank you for the reply, on all the questions here. I really appreciate it. Tech spoder looks good.
  • GoodfellaBugsyGoodfellaBugsy Posts: 36
    @Kabam Miike Can you please post the prestige stats for the 5 star version? Thanks.
  • pantherpanther Posts: 1
    how many points from the 3* arena do I need to get him?
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 107
    Any chance we can get a cool down timer for the heavy attack?
  • sauravsensauravsen Posts: 1
    This event can't show.