**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dungeons : 27 days to earn one 5* crystal

Last dungeon event, you can buy three 5* crystals.

You have to spend 27 days to earn 1030 artifacts everyday, then you can buy only one 5* crystal this time.

That's insane.

Are there any other quests or events to earn more artifacts?

@Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike

Comments

• Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Nope
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    I can't find where to redeem the artifacts? Are they going to appear in the crystal section?
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Dungeon items are permanent. They can be spent next time dungeons come around.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,037 ★★★★★
    Also this time ther Not basice
  • GlueNoClueGlueNoClue Posts: 76
    Nope

Wussup Underdog ? ;);) Remember me ?
  • YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    I was hoping we could win 3 again smh.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Bassanio wrote: »
    Last dungeon event, you can buy three 5* crystals.

You have to spend 27 days to earn 1030 artifacts everyday, then you can buy only one 5* crystal this time.

That's insane.

Are there any other quests or events to earn more artifacts?

@Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike
    This time they’re not basic crystals still worse though

• Itinho2107Itinho2107 Posts: 69
    Dungeon will run for 15 days, each day gives 1030 artifacts.
    The 5 * crystal costs 27,000 artifacts, meaning you can not buy the 5 *. That's right?
    Because it will only give 15450 artifacts
    We need wait until september Dungeon to open a 5 star crystal?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Where in the game can you do 20 minutes a day, for 27 days and get a full 5* crystal?

Arena? 20 minutes isn’t even a full run. 20 mins a day for a week, you’d be lucky to get 600 5* shards.

Event quests? even uncollected only gets you 7500 5* shards. 20 minutes of uncollected a day might just about get you 100%, then you’d have to 100% Master as well which gets you to a total of 9000, then heroic as well to get 10,000. That’s not 20 minutes a day.

AW? Unless you have a high win rate in a high tier I very much doubt you can get 10,000 a month. And that’s playing more than 20 mins a day. You cannot coast 20 mins and then get a 5* from Aw.

The reason it’s 1 5* when it used to be 3, is that the 3 used to be basic 5*.

People are comparing the best result from both situations, when you should compare the whole scope of it.

Before:
    Best result- 3 new 5* or 3 previously unawakened
    Worst result- nothing. (3 sig 200 5* pulled equals absolutely nothing)
    -3 +1 sig stones for already duped champs

This time:
    Best result- 1 new 5* or 1 previously unawakened 5*
    Worst result- 20 sig levels and 6* shards and Iso

When you compare the two this way, it’s a much more balanced argument.

You have before: more max rewards, less min reward.
    And after: less max reward, more min reward.

It leaves less to chance this time, you are guarenteed to get something out of it, at the very least shards and iso. Last time you could literally walk away with nothing.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,140 ★★★★
    In the announcement they said they would tinker for the 1st three rounds. I think in this instance they should get the benefit of the doubt.

On the plus side it's no longer a chore to get the points, so not a fair comparison to the last event as a like for like, but in terms of time overall it could be comparible if we looked at time in dungeons to get the 5* crystal.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Dungeons have been changed to require much less investment. 1) Your roster is better and deeper than it was a few months ago. This gives you more champs and better champs to use. 2) The max daily cutoff was halved. This means fewer runs and less time invested to get your daily points, and you don't need to dip as far into your roster depth to do it.

In other words, 3750 points with your best champs takes far less than half the time that 7500 took. I think Kabam has done well to make it less grind-y.

The problem I have is with the milestones and prestige cutoffs. I was helping a level 40 friend. We ran dungeon 4 IIRC and got 880 points on a run. He said to quit since he hit his daily max. He left with 350 artifacts. In the next prestige bracket up, the same score only nets 270. In the top bracket, it's only 220. I understand that my roster is deeper, but it's weird to get less rewards for the same work, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I just can't get over how boring they still are and the fact that there is no immediate return. You make it thru all the milestones, collect an odd triangle shape item, and that is it. No 5* crystal shards, 2TA fragments, cats, and certainly no 5* awakening gem.

It may just be me, but I like the idea of immediate returns, even if I do choose to save them up for MONTHS to buy a crystal. Honestly I would use them for 2TAs before buying the crystals.
  • TajzzzTajzzz Posts: 94
    Still purchases not found to buy with dungeon crystals.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    I posted some estimated calculation in another thread.

Basically a 25 mil 5* arena grind will take you 12.5 hours
    Dungeons will take about 9.5 hours (over a 2 month period)
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I posted some estimated calculation in another thread.

Basically a 25 mil 5* arena grind will take you 12.5 hours
    Dungeons will take about 9.5 hours (over a 2 month period)

with just one little thing to remember - dungeons have a good chance to give you some trash champ)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Where in the game can you do 20 minutes a day, for 27 days and get a full 5* crystal?

If that's literally how long a player takes to max out the milestones, I think that's a pretty good return on their time. However, just for me personally it takes far more time, or rather deciding to participate in dungeons takes up more of my time than that, and the actual trade off is far worse in terms of time. But that's just me: if people are actually getting that level of return on time, good for them: I don't begrudge them that opportunity. It just isn't one that seems appropriate for me specifically.

DNA3000 wrote: »

If that's literally how long a player takes to max out the milestones, I think that's a pretty good return on their time. However, just for me personally it takes far more time, or rather deciding to participate in dungeons takes up more of my time than that, and the actual trade off is far worse in terms of time. But that's just me: if people are actually getting that level of return on time, good for them: I don't begrudge them that opportunity. It just isn't one that seems appropriate for me specifically.

I don’t really think there’s a place where you can spend 40 minutes (those 40 minutes being in one stint) a day for 27 days, to get a 5*. Arena, event quest and Aw. I just can’t see it happening. Hell, I don’t think an hour could do it. 1 5* in a month from one area of the game takes a hell of a lot of grinding for, and that’s what people don’t, or won’t, understand.

People are complaining because they think oh, 3 possible 5* down to 1. That’s awful. But in reality there’s just less risk now.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Three rooms of d7 or 2 rooms of d7 and one of d6 goes pretty fast. It was a lot more grind last time for what amounted to sig stones for me.
  • Nath26Nath26 Posts: 5
    Why so many people complaining about this it's basically a free 5* before dungeons opened you would be happy at this it only takes half an hour a day just enjoy the game instead of moaning
    I don’t care what the numbers say about time, I personally after a couple days have found my grind time is massively lower than last time. Half the milestones is half the effort in my eyes. I also have so much more motivation since I’m not grinding for what could just be a plus 1 sig stone on a champ I hate. This time at least will be a new champ, or shards.

I’d much rather at most 1 5*, at least 1 5* as opposed to at most 3 5*, at the least; nothing.

I don’t really think there’s a place where you can spend 40 minutes (those 40 minutes being in one stint) a day for 27 days, to get a 5*. Arena, event quest and Aw. I just can’t see it happening. Hell, I don’t think an hour could do it. 1 5* in a month from one area of the game takes a hell of a lot of grinding for, and that’s what people don’t, or won’t, understand.

People are complaining because they think oh, 3 possible 5* down to 1. That’s awful. But in reality there’s just less risk now.

Depends. I probably spend about 10-ish hours per event to grind out the 5* featured and get all the milestones, which also gets me 2000 5* shards and 200 6* shards, plus all of the milestone rewards. So that's maybe 50-ish hours to get a 5* crystal, plus 2000 6* shards, plus 1350 units, plus BC, gold, and some PHCs. So for me that's the equivalent of 2 hours a day for 27 days, but I'm getting more than one 5* champ. Someone with a much larger 5* roster than me could probably do the same thing in something closer to 30 hours or less . 6* champs would bring this number down even more, possibly under 27 hours (or the equivalent of one hour per day for 27 days.

For me there's also the issue that the absolute amount of time isn't the only factor: there's also the fact that I can spend arena grind time in other ways: I don't have to have my full attention on the game, so there's time to watch TV or youtube, or even read the paper. And I can disengage practically on a moment's notice, whereas that is impossible with dungeons. And there's a quality of life aspect where screwing up in the arena affects only me, whereas screwing up in dungeons affects someone else as well. I'm not a perfect player, so regardless of what the calculated time is to run the dungeons, I'm going to fail a room now and again.

For the record, I'm not complaining per se. I don't think the rewards that dungeons generate are bad in absolute terms. They just aren't good enough for me to switch where I spend my time.

Depends. I probably spend about 10-ish hours per event to grind out the 5* featured and get all the milestones, which also gets me 2000 5* shards and 200 6* shards, plus all of the milestone rewards. So that's maybe 50-ish hours to get a 5* crystal, plus 2000 6* shards, plus 1350 units, plus BC, gold, and some PHCs. So for me that's the equivalent of 2 hours a day for 27 days, but I'm getting more than one 5* champ. Someone with a much larger 5* roster than me could probably do the same thing in something closer to 30 hours or less . 6* champs would bring this number down even more, possibly under 27 hours (or the equivalent of one hour per day for 27 days.

For me there's also the issue that the absolute amount of time isn't the only factor: there's also the fact that I can spend arena grind time in other ways: I don't have to have my full attention on the game, so there's time to watch TV or youtube, or even read the paper. And I can disengage practically on a moment's notice, whereas that is impossible with dungeons. And there's a quality of life aspect where screwing up in the arena affects only me, whereas screwing up in dungeons affects someone else as well. I'm not a perfect player, so regardless of what the calculated time is to run the dungeons, I'm going to fail a room now and again.

For the record, I'm not complaining per se. I don't think the rewards that dungeons generate are bad in absolute terms. They just aren't good enough for me to switch where I spend my time.

Even so, I still think it’s a hell of a lot more interesting than arena. Though I do understand your point about being able to switch off for arena.

I don’t think you’re complaining, and I hope you don’t think I’m telling you to like it. I’m simply putting across my best argument to convince you of my opinion and make of it what you will. People will think the changes to dungeons are good or bad, they give their feedback and kabam will act. I personally hope kabam finds a middle ground where everyone is happy, however unlikely that is.

Even so, I still think it’s a hell of a lot more interesting than arena.

It is. As a gameplay mode, I think its got a lot going for it. I have enjoyed playing in it, when I've played it. But for me it is like a very delicious dessert I discover I'm allergic to because it has peanuts in it.