**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Medusa is "auto blocking" special 3

You can see Magik fire off three Special 3. The first two do ~18k damage the third one she is hit once before firing off sp3 and only takes off ~8k damage and the words "Auto Block" appear after the special animation. This seems to indicate that she was able to just take block damage from the Special 3. Since no champ can block a special 3 this appears to be a bug

https://youtu.be/n_jYdbgQ8Nw

Comments

• Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    The problem is here: the third one she is hit once before firing off sp3.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    I put that in the post above but still no champ can block a sp3. I believe that is what is triggering the bug

I doubt that was by design
    it just visuelt and aper as a auto blok ironman IW didt it to

• JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Here is what happened. The attack wasn't actually blocked. But the 3rd time you used sp3 you attacked her first, then used your sp3. The other 2 times you did not attack her first. Medusa uses autoblock on the 2nd hit of an attack. So I think this triggered autoblock which didn't work because sp3's aren't blocked, but it removed her 3 furies. Because she didn't have the 3 furies for the duration of the sp3, the damage was significantly less because Magik's sp3 is stronger with more buffs on the opponent.

In the future, do not hit them once before using your sp3.
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    I don't know why people dont think it know what happened. I get it was hitting her first before sp3 and I know magik special based on buffs.

That given how can the AI do anything. Aka auto block durning a sp3? If it's by design then I'd like to hear that but I still feel it's a bug. And yes to avoid the bug don't hit her first. It I still feel it's a bug.
  • FixitMobbFixitMobb Posts: 315
    If it was autoblocking the 3rd hit if the special 3, you would take 0% Damage, not 8%.
  • FixitMobbFixitMobb Posts: 315
    I mean zero damage, not 8K
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    just a visual bug......
    it shows auto block but the attack was not blocked.... noway 8k damage would be done through block......
    the lower damage then other two would be due to less furies....
    so yes bug...
    but only visual...
    nothing to worry about....
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    heck yeah i like seeing that. it drops all her fury for nothing. may be a bug or whatever so why you drawing attention to something that is helping us.
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    just a visual bug......
    it shows auto block but the attack was not blocked.... noway 8k damage would be done through block......
    so yes bug...
    but only visual...

Not a visual bug. Other sp3 gave 18k with three fury. The last one only did 8k and she had 3 fury before it was fired off. So she "auto blocked" which dropped all her fury before sp3 - which again I feel is a bug. How can medusa "auto block" which removes her fury on a sp3?
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    heck yeah i like seeing that. it drops all her fury for nothing. may be a bug or whatever so why you drawing attention to something that is helping us.

How is this helping us? Magik does less damage against medusa in war if you hit her first?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

How is this helping us? Magik does less damage against medusa in war if you hit her first?

i see your point, it should nulify, but I could care less in a fight. I use this technique when fighting her in hope the auto block triggers to remove the fury and start it all over again.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Your second attack is an sp3. It still triggers the autoblock, but since sp3 cant be blocked its moot. But it still exhausts the 3 furies since it triggered the autoblock which is why you did so much less damage. Just don't hit her first and you will be fine.
    Since no mod has commented on this thread guess I’ll try the support route and see what they say
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,755 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    As the mechanics is getting more and more sophisticated, it will be a matter of time we could see a situation where

1/ a sword that can pierce the strongest shield and
    2/ a shield that can blunt the sharpest sword

pitted against each other in the same gameplay.
    Leiva_dark wrote: »
    just a visual bug......
    so yes bug...
    but only visual...

that is the hit before sp3 and there is no block. so I think it's a mistake since sp3 was blocked something happened some mistake and that can not happen 🤔🤔w705ywiqq3ix.png

sorry but this image does not show anything or help in anyway. it is just a hit you have landed on medusa. that is all.
    here is another question about this to consider and to answer......

if it was infact autoblocked
    - 1st that is a seriously large amount of damage to go through a block
    - 2nd why is it not showing parry and therefore why are you not stunned?
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    here is another question about this to consider and to answer......

if it was infact autoblocked
    - 1st that is a seriously large amount of damage to go through a block
    - 2nd why is it not showing parry and therefore why are you not stunned?

Can't stun on specials.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I believe this is a bug and have had this happen in AW against a medusa boss. I think the bug is that the game registers her block during the special and drops the fury, this accounts for the reduced special damage. This can't be functioning as intended imo.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    All those who say fury is being consumed
    Try parry stun her, and then use heavy and see if that consumes her fury
    None of you are making any sense
    It is a bug if she is indeed auto blocking sp3
    if she is blocking it it is most certainly a bug.....
    i am just trying to ascertain if that is infact what is happening or if it is something else
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Passive activated just when u sp3. She used her 3 fury buff for auto block so no extra damages with Magik sp3 since there is no buff to nullified. That's why u dealed only 8k damages. U should have gone for a sp3 directly