**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Compensation

Compensation, Compensation and more Compensation. A lot of players are still complaining about the lack of compensation as well as the quality of compensation. The Gwenpool Goes To The Movies event netted me One 5 Star, Two 4 Stars, 5 Star and 4 Star shards that netted me another 5 Star and Two 4 Stars. The event also provided me with Cinematic Crystal Shards where I received Two 4 Stars. The lack of difficulty made it easy to 100% the event for full rewards and I believe it was done purposely. Then Summoner Appreciation Week!. I am very satisfied with Kabam and our "Compensation".

Comments

• Options
    EyanEyan Posts: 11
    That is the point bud.
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    The compensation for overheating and all the other issues was that pick your bundle thing. They also added summer appreciation week, which was going to happen anyway to make everyone feel "happy".
  • Options
    The difficulty of the event wasn't by accident. "Compensation" lol
  • Options
    Eyan wrote: »
    The difficulty of the event wasn't by accident. "Compensation" lol

There is a post by a mod that said that event in no way was tied to compensation, or something along those lines. Try to look it up if you want.
  • Options
    Guys. The gwenpool event was for sure compensation. That was a free 5* with a bunch of 5* shards and plus a 20% chance for 5* again and guaranteed 2 four stars. That’s indirect conpensation. It’s quite obvious. I also got a 4* Sabertooth and Killmonger from cinematic crystals so this event got me a 5* Corvus Glauber and 5* Psylocke plus 3 four stars
  • Options
    QuattrucciQuattrucci Posts: 160 ★★
    You can’t get a Sabertooth from a cinematic crystal though...
  • Options
    edited August 2018

i2uvzgluhg88.png
  • Options
    I do not doubt that, but I truly believe the difficulty of the event was easy for a reason. I believe it was easy due in part to all the issues the game had incurred. It may not be labeled "Compensation" but the event surely wasn't easy just for fun.
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Good try but they mentioned how Gwenpool goes to the movies was planned long before the overheating and isnt part of any compensation since it is to celebrate the 10th anniversary for marvels cinematic universe. The pick your own bundle was our Summoner Appreciation week, still a planned event unrelated to the issues from previous patches that ruined phones and made people miss out on time sensitive content like arenas.
  • Options
    Guys. The gwenpool event was for sure compensation. That was a free 5* with a bunch of 5* shards and plus a 20% chance for 5* again and guaranteed 2 four stars. That’s indirect conpensation. It’s quite obvious. I also got a 4* Sabertooth and Killmonger from cinematic crystals so this event got me a 5* Corvus Glauber and 5* Psylocke plus 3 four stars

By that rationale, we get compensation for issues every 4 hours with the free crystal. And everyday with the calendar and daily crystal. And at the end of every war. And at the end of every quest. And at the end of an alliance quest cycle. And after every victorious arena fight.

Word definitions matter. Intentions matter. But hey, I was compensated irl by waking up alive this morning, right?
  • Options
    Ohhhhhh I forgot to point out the Gwen content was a celebration of 10 yrs of marvel movies and was planned for quite a while. Takes a while to create that content and get it ready to go live. That's why it was simple... Because it was just a marvel celebration.... As explained by Miike
  • Options
    Please don't take any of that as me being unhappy with the Gwen stuff. It was great in every way. My 5* pull sucked but I can't/won't complain about it. It was an a+, wonderful thing for them to give us. Top tier awesomeness. Loved it. And am very thankful they added it this month. It just has nothing to do with what people are trying to attribute to it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Eyan wrote: »
    I do not doubt that, but I truly believe the difficulty of the event was easy for a reason. I believe it was easy due in part to all the issues the game had incurred. It may not be labeled "Compensation" but the event surely wasn't easy just for fun.

Although not specifically for Compensation, I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying. I got 3 more 5*s from using Auto Fight from that. The point that some are missing is there's a great deal of free/nearly-free Rewards this month. A T2A/T4CC in the Calendar, the Event, all the Pots from Halls, the Package, the Boosts and extra Gold and XP, the 7-Hour Crystal, free Maps...It all adds up. This is a culture of more.
  • Options
    Again, if things are designed to serve a purpose of something like "compensation"... Great. If we're just bright-siding, that doesn't add much to the conversation imo.

But, when content and calendars are designed ahead of time and outside of the meetings and conversations that were had about compensation, they just aren't compensation. It doesn't make them worse things. They're just separate things. In the case of ggttm, we were specifically told it wasn't compensation. The calendar was also planned long before. And as you can see with aq season 5, there's been a shift in the meta to make r4s more the norm (thru more available t2a).

I'm not saying any of this is bad. I'm just saying there are delineations between what this is and what that is.

The players didn't say that there would be compensation for issues x, y, and z. Kabam said that. They created the expectations of something that would be given to "make up" for a list of game issues. Then they presented that package to the community. Whether or not anyone feels it was enough, too little, or too much is another conversation altogether. But saying that people should be happy with the compensation package kabam created bc of things that aren't related doesn't really make sense.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The point that we, at the very least I, are/am trying to make is that it all adds up. Whatever it's called and designated, it still means Resources are all being given at one time. There's a whole lack of accounting and gratitude in general. That's my opinion. People don't stop to account for what they're getting. This is for this, and that is for that, but it's here to be had regardless. Expectations are abounding.
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I am very greatful for the hard work the team puts into this game and yes we got lots of rewards this month from various sorces but idk how it keeps getting spun into us being ungrateful for calling them out on the fact that planned content can not be labled "compensation"
  • Options
    But compensation has zero to do with gratitude.

From what I've seen in the community and in the forum, everyone is grateful for the calendar and Gwen... Which are the things that were coming regardless of any compensation. I'm def grateful for them.

The complaints I've seen have been specific to compensation, and again... Thoughts on whether it's enough or not are a separate issue.

I understand some people don't like negativity in general and the forum can be overrun with it. But (imo) this thread is off the fully. It's literally an apples and oranges deal.
  • Options
    The Compensation was the Package, as per the comment from Moderation in the Thread. Appreciation is just something extra to say thank you.
  • Options
    UndeadUndead Posts: 27
    It sure doesn't feel genuine.
  • Options
    GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    The Gwenpool event was not compensation, I can't believe we're even debating it when Kabam have confirmed that it was not tied in to the compensation. It was a 10 year celebration of the MCU and I imagine it was made easy so it attracted new players and allowed lower player's to get some good rewards for once.

If it was part of the compensation then that would have been great as it gave a lot of players the resources they missed out on, but it just simply wasn't. Meaning our compensation was just those pathetic tiny packages that barely add up to 1 or 2 days worth of resources let alone a whole month of resources that people missed out on from not being able to play the game.

This might just be my opinion but the main thing I would have appreciated would have been an in-game apology from Kabam, acknowledging that they were at fault.