**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Crystal reward range too large...

My alliance finished Plat3 and received 5 AW crystals in the season rewards. Some members pulled as many as 56K T2A shards while others only pulled 10K-11K. I find this to be a complete slap in the face.

I can understand champion crystals having random outcomes but crystals contaning very valuable resources should produce rewards in a more level manner. AWs are very demanding and require intense item use to be successful. EVERY member must use boosts, pots, etc... to win wars. When the dust settles on the season and some players get enough shards to form 1.5 t2as while others don’t even get enough for 1/3 of a t2a is ****. Where’s the motivation to continue? Crazy...

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    TRE wrote: »
    My alliance finished Plat3 and received 5 AW crystals in the season rewards. Some members pulled as many as 56K T2A shards while others only pulled 10K-11K. I find this to be a complete slap in the face.

I can understand champion crystals having random outcomes but crystals contaning very valuable resources should produce rewards in a more level manner. AWs are very demanding and require intense item use to be successful. EVERY member must use boosts, pots, etc... to win wars. When the dust settles on the season and some players get enough shards to form 1.5 t2as while others don’t even get enough for 1/3 of a t2a is ****. Where’s the motivation to continue? Crazy...
    Yeah. It. So isans luck in this cystal peppel Van pull 3 tier2 aplha of 3 cystal if ther luck is ther but the gab ther com with this cystal.
    Is the minimum. 1k it to low. Ther need to rais the minimums to alest 5k. As minimums becasse the gab from. Hige tier getting to far. Ikow hige tier need tier5 basise but the gab get to much
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I feel ya. I pull 8k t2a shards, others pull 40K. Lower-end values need to be raised a bit.
  • Options
    dtapedtape Posts: 35
    edited August 2018
    If you think the other way around,
    Stop spending money in the Wallet War, and you won't feel that bad in those crappy rewards. As the whole community spend less and less, MCOC will go back to an absolutely skill-based mobile game. What a wonderful game! Probably Kabam means to do that, doesn't it? Mercy Kabam. ;)
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

hyperbole much?
  • Options
    Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    Yeah, I had 6 crystals and got 10K fragments. I'm not stoked, but I realize that RNG works this way...
    It's just like anything else in this game... gotta realize there are different tiers of rewards in each crystal and random chance determines what you will receive...
    So if you spend for the chance at rewards (and I know many that open FGMCs for this reason), that's cool, just realize you might not get what you're looking for.

Yet another reason I am F2P :)
  • Options
    TRETRE Posts: 66
    I understand that, but that’s not my gripe. The AW crystals aren’t crystals I chose to buy. They are rewards for how our alliance ranked. To see some members get over 50K shards and others get 11K, for doing the same thing, is just crazy.
  • Options
    Do you know what hyperbole means? Nothing I said was exaggerated. We had people in our alliance pull over 50k t2a shards and others pull 11K. That not hyperbole, that’s fact.

So you litterally mean that because you didnt get as many shards as them it is a "slap in the face" Or "Where’s the motivation to continue? Crazy..." ? That is hyperbole, exaggerated.

You know as a gold 3 who works my butt off trying to get people motivated and vary rarely loses fights I would LOVE those shards, pass them to me if you are like that.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Gold 1 finish here, had 1 person get 20k T2a shards, and another only get 6k T2a shards.

Proper slap in the face for those that got minimum reward from it all, especially as that person put in much more effort than the one that got 20k
  • Options
    It should be a slap in the face to everyone that was on the low end that put in as much work as those on the high end. These aren’t crystals we chose to buy knowing the terrible drop rates. These crystals were the result of the performance of the entire alliance.

A range of 11K-52K is absurd.
  • Options
    It should be a slap in the face to everyone that was on the low end that put in as much work as those on the high end. These aren’t crystals we chose to buy knowing the terrible drop rates. These crystals were the result of the performance of the entire alliance.

Definition of slap in the face, " If you describe something that someone does as a slap in the face, you mean that it shocks or upsets you because it shows that they do not support you or respect you"

So unless you didnt know about the rewards (you did), it is not a slap in the face, and you are just using hyperbole.

What is absurd about the range?
  • Options
    Exactly Platypus. This reward allocation is the complete antithesis of the model that rewards those that put in the most work or spend the most. With this method an underperforming member could get 5x as many shards as the member that puts in the most work. i.e. the one that always boosts, takes hard paths, fights bosses, etc...
  • Options
    are you complaining that the range is too high, or that the bottom end of the range is too low. Because I'd hate to see people who got lucky get less rewards because people didn't view it as "fair" or were salty about having less luck.
  • Options
    Exactly Platypus. This reward allocation is the complete antithesis of the model that rewards those that put in the most work or spend the most. With this method an underperforming member could get 5x as many shards as the member that puts in the most work. i.e. the one that always boosts, takes hard paths, fights bosses, etc...

So, what would be better? I mean it is obvious that you dont believe an under performing member should get as many as a normal performing member... Why not remove the under preforming member and get one that performs up to expectations and therefore solve the issue completely on your side?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

But you knew the risk with these crystals? I don't understand what the slap in the face is if you knew that there is different drop rates.
  • Options
    wp95d3bei7vf.jpg
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I think the whole community need to boycott aw tbh. Alliance season have taken away all the fun and the rewards don’t compensate the stress that it involves. The stressors need reduced and the rewards need some general balance to them.
  • Options
    skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Why not just get rid of r the crystal to set rewards. Just shards say 30k which is the middle of the 11-56k RNG crystal.
  • Options
    RogerRabs wrote: »
    I'd love if they removed another layer of RNG and instead of those crystals just gave us guaranteed amounts of T2A & T5B. Each alliance earns the rewards together, why should different alliance members get vastly different rewards?

I understand that different alliance members may contribute more to their team's success than others, but this RNG doesn't take performance into account.

We already deal with enough RNG with Champion crystals in my opinion.

Now this is constructive.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    We had a member get 78k t2a shards while I got 9k

Out of how many crystals?
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Personally I don't mind the fact that there is a range of different amounts of t2a fragments, however, it does seems to be quite a large range. I got 9k t2a from 3 crystals, but seeing some of the amounts here I'm starting to feel like I was robbed of my precious t2a fragments... It feels a bit unfair that the range is so large. I can see having them award a couple thousand more fragments if your lucky, but 60k+ more fragments seems quite over the top.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Also if we are forced to suffer through this RNG we should at least get the drop rates on them. I know you can't buy them with units and thus they don't fall under the policy Kabam set in place for disclosing drop rates, but everyone knows you basically buy them with units indirectly (especially at the top tiers where the most are opened).

Would you consider disclosing this information in the name of transparency? @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This game is way too dependent on RNG.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    yep war seasons rewards can be great but war season itself has ruined the game for me
  • Options
    SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    Finished with P1, opened 6 crystals and got 8k t2a. Not a fan of AW season any more.
  • Options
    GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    why play then? if you are so fed up quit ? or take a break idk