Cheating in AW

ReveReve Member Posts: 13
If you play war against following alliance, please be aware of their cheating players.
[-VIP-] HEROES.
Their dear member tid 34 fought our 5* rank 4 magik with mystic dispersion 5/5 and no suicide mastery with two active nodes. He used his storm and did not give us a single kill. In my opinion thats impossible.
So please if you fight this alliance in the war, keep an eye on him. We lost the war because of this.

Comments

• ReveReve Member Posts: 13
    Adding: Of course Magik was set as boss
  • ThawnimThawnim Member Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Reve wrote: »
    If you play war against following alliance, please be aware of their cheating players.
    [-VIP-] HEROES.
    Their dear member tid 34 fought our 5* rank 4 magik with mystic dispersion 5/5 and no suicide mastery with two active nodes. He used his storm and did not give us a single kill. In my opinion thats impossible.
    So please if you fight this alliance in the war, keep an eye on him. We lost the war because of this.

Who else was he using? While it would be tough to beat a rank 4/55 Magik it is not impossible to see how Storm could beat him.
    How should he beat a Magik with 400k health in 3 minutes? With limbo which should kill him for sure during the fight? I would not say its Impossible to beat her with storm but it is Impossible to do it without losing storm once.
    Boss node is immune to stun
    How should he beat a Magik with 400k health in 3 minutes? With limbo which should kill him for sure during the fight? I would not say its Impossible to beat her with storm but it is Impossible to do it without losing storm once.

If it is a 4/55 Storm her s2 would do a lot more damage than you think. (Just for reference my 4* 4/40 duped Storm used to do over 38k damage on her s2 prior to the nerf.)
    I will agree that limbo would hurt, but that is assuming that it kicks in a lot. It really hurts when you allow the opponent (Magik) to get two full bars of power. If he is limiting her to 1 bar then it rarely kicks in until she activates her s1 and then it would not last near as long either.
    I think before accusing someone of cheating you have to consider all the possibilities. Not saying that he did not cheat, but saying he cheated because it is impossible clearly is not 100% right either.
  • CheyneedCheyneed Member Posts: 95
    If both left and right mini boss nodes were indeed still up and the attacker truly did not lose a single champ I would agree there is something amiss. Several reasons:

1) too much health in 3 minutes
    2) Magik is stun immune on that node so no power lock
    3) Limbo damage is insanely high. There is just no way.

Now, is any of that exaggerated? Did you guys get screenshots? Has it been reported?
    I send him an invite and gave him the chance to explain himself. He told me he did it with his 4* vodoo. But his vodoo was dead and we had no kill for Magik. The boss is immune to all debuffs. How can vodoo beat that magik?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,289 Guardian

It can't be impossible because the odds of triggering passive Limbo aren't 100%. Depending on sig level, the odds of triggering L1 limbo are between 20% and 40%. It is possible to avoid limbo damage by just being lucky and baiting L1 (the odds go up you'll take Limbo damage if you allow Magik to get to L2).

A really good player that turned off dexterity so as to not feed MD and could bait Magik L1 consistently - or get lucky and draw the very aggressive AI which tends to spam specials - could theoretically avoid eating more than one Limbo long enough to kill Magik. It isn't easy, and the odds are against you, but the odds aren't so long as to call it impossible. It might be impossible to do it consistently. But I don't think it is wildly improbable to do it once.
    Yes, we did report it. And have screenshots. But as always Kabam will do nothing.
    xyylbsdgtqcq.png
    qczhq2geluoj.png
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Member Posts: 584 ★★★
    Suspicious but not impossible I suppose
    Besides this guy really struggled fighting the champs before and for Magik he pulls out his god skills? I doubt that.
    Do you have a screenshot of his champs after the fight in question and their health? If not, then read what @DNA3000 posted above.
    on8b8t8del37.png
  • RaganatorRaganator Member Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    [DELETED]
    on8b8t8del37.png

My guess is that if he used Voodoo to do it then she did get one kill. He probably then finished her off with Storm. Again it is impossible to know either way though.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Member Posts: 550 ★★
    Seems it is also possible that Magik killed him once and the software wasn't registering it. I mean, this program isn't really known for its consistent reliability. I have caught it not registering kills in a war we just completed last week. Player faced one champ that kills all 3 of his champs and the score card showed zero defensive kills.
    edited July 2017
    Seems it is also possible that Magik killed him once and the software wasn't registering it. I mean, this program isn't really known for its consistent reliability. I have caught it not registering kills in a war we just completed last week. Player faced one champ that kills all 3 of his champs and the score card showed zero defensive kills.

I agree, I have seen that before where it was slow to update on the screen seen above but still registers within the total kills at the end of the war. It seems to be very temperamental near the end of a war too.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Member Posts: 829 ★★
    Wow, no doubt the guy got good counter champs to beat any champ in war, but I agree , something is not right, even if he has pro skills to fight , he definitely did some short cut methods to beat magik with the link nodes on, does killing the app during the fight make any difference...
    edited July 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »

It can't be impossible because the odds of triggering passive Limbo aren't 100%. Depending on sig level, the odds of triggering L1 limbo are between 20% and 40%. It is possible to avoid limbo damage by just being lucky and baiting L1 (the odds go up you'll take Limbo damage if you allow Magik to get to L2).

A really good player that turned off dexterity so as to not feed MD and could bait Magik L1 consistently - or get lucky and draw the very aggressive AI which tends to spam specials - could theoretically avoid eating more than one Limbo long enough to kill Magik. It isn't easy, and the odds are against you, but the odds aren't so long as to call it impossible. It might be impossible to do it consistently. But I don't think it is wildly improbable to do it once.

I disagree. If all the parameters the OP listed are true then it is impossible to kill a 400k hp Magik with Storm with no deaths. Even if limbo never triggered once it still triggers for a brief moment after each special. If the AI aggressively spammed specials as you say Storm would still die.

Also, I don't think you can do 400k damage on a stun immune champ within 3 minutes.

It could be as others have stated and that Magik did get a couple deaths that weren't registering. However, I would argue that what you are suggesting is false and that it is simply not possible with 0 deaths.

***Also I just looked at t1 AW Magik boss with 2 nodes up in my current AW. The hp on this one is 514,000 and the attack is 17,243. Again, there is just no way.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,289 Guardian
    Cheyneed wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I disagree. If all the parameters the OP listed are true then it is impossible to kill a 400k hp Magik with Storm with no deaths. Even if limbo never triggered once it still triggers for a brief moment after each special. If the AI aggressively spammed specials as you say Storm would still die.

Also, I don't think you can do 400k damage on a stun immune champ within 3 minutes.

It could be as others have stated and that Magik did get a couple deaths that weren't registering. However, I would argue that what you are suggesting is false and that it is simply not possible with 0 deaths.

***Also I just looked at t1 AW Magik boss with 2 nodes up in my current AW. The hp on this one is 514,000 and the attack is 17,243. Again, there is just no way.

The Limbo that gets triggered when you execute a special only lasts for the duration of the special and not three seconds like the power gain Limbo which makes it deal far less damage. In fact, I'm not sure the Special 1 Limbo lasts long enough to do any damage. Its generally hard to tell in the heat of combat but I never noticed damage so I tried to find some Magik combat videos to see if there was video evidence of this.

Check this one out, and go to time 2:32. Magik uses special 1 and when I watch carefully there's no damage proced on Hawkeye: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgmXyQs4Lg

And here's another jump to about 0:42: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mTQvM670QI

I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but the special 1 Limbo doesn't seem to be dealing damage.

As to the damage, I'm not sure if you can deal enough damage in three minutes. But if they timed out and started again, I'm not sure that counts as a kill in the scorekeeping for that champion specifically. It could still show zero kills.
    Oh and just thought of this, but with left mini up there would also be 0 shock damage.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Member Posts: 267 ★★
    Thawnim wrote: »

I agree, I have seen that before where it was slow to update on the screen seen above but still registers within the total kills at the end of the war. It seems to be very temperamental near the end of a war too.

Either the game was slow to update the kill count or the accuser was slow to review the updates. And, this assumes that this whole scenario isn't made up.

The bottom line is that a player is accused of cheating and the only screen shot of that player shows he had 1 hero dead, 1 hero that's around 35 to 40% health and a third that is almost dead. If this player is cheating using a mod, then he needs to get a different mod that works better.

edited July 2017
    @DNA3000 Those videos do seem to show 0 damage. I just dueled a R4 Magik to see and I still took visible damage on a l1, albeit very little. Perhaps by hitting Magik fast enough you don't take the damage. I didn't test that.

My best guess is that the kill screen didn't update. However, if it didn't I would still stand by there being 0 chance to take down a double noded Magik boss in 3 minutes with storm and no deaths. The only champ that would stand a chance is a R4 Magik and even that would be a struggle. The Magik in that video almost times out and that Magik doesn't have nodes up.

@VandalSavage I am not saying there is necessarily cheating going on either, but a good mod can be programmed so you lose health. If no one ever sees you lose health then it's not a very good mod because everyone would know that you are cheating.

• CapWW2CapWW2 Member Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Something smells fishy there. This is impossible.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Member Posts: 267 ★★
    Cheyneed wrote: »

@VandalSavage I am not saying there is necessarily cheating going on either, but a good mod can be programmed so you lose health. If no one ever sees you lose health then it's not a very good mod because everyone would know that you are cheating.

The fact that there are makers of guns and there is a dead body on the street does not prove that John Doe owned a gun, much less fired the gun that resulted in that dead body found on the street.

The issue with this thread -- besides the obvious that the original poster (OP) broke the rules to report someone for breaking the rules -- is that he provided no details. In fact, he has motive to accuse someone of cheating -- he openly admitted that his alliance had lost.

What was the kill count before and after the final boss battle?
    Did accuser properly review the kill count in time?
    Did the game not update fast enough?
    Do time outs count as kills?
    What was the start time of the final boss battle and when did it ended?
    What was the health status of accused's three heroes at the start of the boss battle?
    Was Voodoo already dead by the time the fight started?
    Was Iron Man even in the equation?

Did the accuser spend any effort to address any of those questions? No. He relies on people's desire to believe in conspiracy theories rather than facts to support his case. He even claims that:
    ... as always Kabam will do nothing.

He got majority believing that the accused only used 1 hero to kill off the boss. So we get all this side action on whether or not storm can do enough damage to kill off Magik.

Where's the proof that he only used 1 hero?

And why is that "1" next to the final boss in the screen shot? Does that "1" only include the accused or was there someone else there fighting the final boss but didn't quite make it in?

The only actual facts that we do know is that the accused has beaten the final boss and that he himself took a beating.

@VandalSavage you quoted me directly below the point when I said my "My best guess is that the kill screen didn't update. " You also wrote a really lengthy post about not accusing the people without enough evidence while falsely accusing most of the people in this thread.

I am not the OP but several of your questions are bizarre and should be easily answerable by anyone who plays this game.

1) Yes timeouts count as KOs. That is why the discussion about whether the boss can be killed in 3 minutes or not matters.

2) If the boss has 0 kills next to it's name that means only 1 champion actually fought against it. This answers your question about what is happening with the other champs.

3) The 1 next to the name means after the boss died someone moved to the end of the map and now there are two champions there when the picture was taken. That would in no way indicate if more than 1 champ was fighting the boss anyway. It just shows that someone moved ahead one space after the boss died and cleared their champs.

Again, and hear me on this, I don't think cheating is the most likely explanation either. However, if the game shows that someone killed a R4 Magik, on a boss node, with both mini nodes still up, with no deaths, then it is indeed suspicious because it shouldn't be possible.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Don't call out alliances in chat. This is one thing Kabam told the community not to do.

If you want to ask how someone did that feat that that's okay but don't call out alliances.

We have a guy in our alliance that solos bosses with his 5* rank 4 so it's not impossible. He could have timed out and healed up unless you watched him do it in 3 minutes
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Great point @VandalSavage. I agree 100% with that last comment