**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Tier Multiplier Favors Tier 1 Alliances

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
A few weeks ago an alliance member made a post about his tier 2 alliance being matched against a tier 1 alliance for AW for AW Season 3. This matchmaking pattern is wrong. To make things worse the tier 2 alliance member included screenshots in their post that showed his tier 2 alliance had received the tier 2 points multiplier, while the tier 1 alliance had received the tier 1 points multiplier. Screenshots included before and after leaderboards rankings to confirm this had happened.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit Is something being done to prevent tier 1 alliances receiving these kinds of unfair advantages both with AW matchmaking and with AW tier points multipliers?

Comments

• TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Multiplier for wars really should use the higher of the two alliances matched
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    TacoScotty wrote: »
    Multiplier for wars really should use the higher of the two alliances matched

Kabam support has said AW points multipliers are random when different tier alliances are matched and that both alliances receive the same points multiplier. The AW described in this thread's OP proved that wrong.

I agree with your comment @TacoScotty
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Support doesn't know what's going on. The map is randomly generated if the opposing alliances would normally have different maps (e.g. expert vs. challenger) but nothing special with multiplier. While I agree when a T1 vs. a T1 they should get higher multiplier they didn't think through when t1 vs t2. To be honest I wouldn't have an issue if it actually defaulted to the lower of the two multipliers. Therefore you want to be matched with top alliances. If you want to be the best, beat the best. If you are top 10 and get matched versus #100 who happens to be t2 I would have no issue you getting less points for that win.
    Bump
    @Kabam Miike Any word on tier 1 alliances not receiving unfair AW Season advantages as described in this thread?
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Any answer on this?
    As of it now is it alright to assume tier 1 alliances getting the tier 1 multiplier against tier 2 opponents who get the tier 2 multiplier is working as intended?
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    😐
    Or maybe this is one of those situations where “sometimes, what appears to be a bug is really just super skilled players”?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    As of it now is it alright to assume tier 1 alliances getting the tier 1 multiplier against tier 2 opponents who get the tier 2 multiplier is working as intended?

Even if they say it's working as intended, does that mean that it is? It didn't for AA. We were told that Drax wasn't changed but he clearly was. We were told that inactive alliances with high war rating don't affect the multiplier/tiers of active alliances but I bet they do...
    Even if they say it's working as intended, does that mean that it is? It didn't for AA. We were told that Drax wasn't changed but he clearly was. We were told that inactive alliances with high war rating don't affect the multiplier/tiers of active alliances but I bet they do...

Just found out this topic was commented on back in May here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/538748

@Kabam Zibiit Could we please get some insight on if this issue is being looked into?