**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It's very unfair when Stark Assignments aren't displayed. [Not A Bug]

JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Sometimes the game doesn't display changes. With new events, this isn't a problem. When the new monthly event comes out, I restart the game after the old one runs out, and there the new one is. With 7 hour events, it's slightly more annoying, but I know there's supposed to be one, so I can restart my game if it's been a couple hours without one.

With the Stark Assignments, it's a big problem. They're random, so if I don't see them, I have no reason to think they're happening.

I just checked for one at 7:15. There was nothing. I even went to the home screen and went back, just to be sure. So I did other stuff for awhile. When I checked my phone at 8:45, there were only 15 minutes left. I had not gotten a push notification. So the new missions started without displaying and without sending a push notification.

I played as quickly as I could, 100% explored heroic, completed master once, then got kicked out of master with 3 more enemies to defeat. Since 100% exploration is what gives most of the rewards, this was pretty disappointing.

This is bad. If you're going to make the missions start at random times, they *have* to show up when they start. At the very least, put up a "Coming Soon" a half an hour before so we have more of a chance of having it show up in time.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I'm not having this problem (that I know of), but it would definitely be irritating. I'd suggest doing Master FIRST when this happens, though.
  • Options
    I thought of that. I actually did do the first round of master first. However, since the fight timer gives 5 minutes more than the start timer, I decided that my only chance of completing everything was to do the heroics first since I can beat them faster. I did the two rounds of heroic as quickly as possible, then literally started the second round of master with only 2 seconds left. That gave me less than five minutes before it kicked me out, which wasn't quite enough.

It would also help if:

a) There was a "replay" button on the missions other than heroic.

b) You got the full one hour timer if you managed to start a mission.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    It happens to me too. Fortunately, my alliance has been announcing when the Stark events are on.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Same here, but at least I could full complete Master and Heoric and they were my only goals at that time, but I had no more time if I would want to do the rest.

It make no sense for why it should be random and/or just 2 hours. I think if one of those conditions is out those problems would be fixed.
  • Options
    Since I wrote this, I don't think I've gotten a single push notification for the Stark Assignments. They worked at first, that's why I turned the push notifications on. They work for lots of other stuff, like energy being full and free crystals being ready. I'm just not getting them for Start Assignments.

So that's two problems.

1) Events (not just Stark Assignments) don't always show up without restarting the game.

2) Stark Assignments are not always giving push notifications.
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I didn't know they were supposed to announce them, never once have I received a notification.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I didn't know they were supposed to announce them, never once have I received a notification.

I think I received one push notification last week for it. Best option I have found out there is infobot through Line app or just save their Twitter and check it occasionally throughout the day.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    Here is a schedule of the start times:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/9105/stark-assignment-start-times-cracked#latest

...also, if you are already in the game and the quest isn't showing up at the scheduled time....go into your masteries and then exit out. This tends to act as a "soft reset" for the game. It is also helpful for when new solo/alliance events are not showing up or you get new items/cats and they are not showing up in your inventory. This way you can avoid having to shut down the app and reopening it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    meant to tag @JasonMBryant on the above message
    Hope it helps
  • Options
    username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    1 active RIGHT NOW

2jc693kmjec2.png
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    they already said they weren't going to announce all of them. several solutions:
    1) the schedules posted above
    2) follow @MarvelChampions on twitter to get notifications
    3) add the MBCH site on Line (don't remember the ID) and it'll notify you 30 min before each one
    4) add @infobot on Line and it'll notify you each time
  • Options
    beaupoem wrote: »
    they already said they weren't going to announce all of them. several solutions:
    1) the schedules posted above
    2) follow @MarvelChampions on twitter to get notifications
    3) add the MBCH site on Line (don't remember the ID) and it'll notify you 30 min before each one
    4) add @infobot on Line and it'll notify you each time

Heck, add infobot and he will probably offer for you to pay someone else to do it for you! :)
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. This is intended, as we don't want to send a ton of notifications to player's devices. Since this isn't a bug, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.