**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

[Android] 20.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• J_MadroxJ_Madrox Posts: 6
    In game ID: J_Madrox

Device: Wiko Wim light
    Android version: 8.0
    Cellular or wifi: both

Game version: 20.0
    Game mode: manely Arena, a bit in event Quest (did not try alliance quests or wars with such lags)

Description: When the game starts to lag: each time a champ is selected for arena the game screen freezes for a few seconds. I say the game screen because the phone itself is still responsive to everything else.
    When starting a fight, I got like 3 2sec freezes in a 8sec timeframe when "ready" is on screen.
    The lag desapears when I restart my phone.
    One time I did not restart my phone. I quited the app and opened another one (namely Clash Royale). Oh god this was awful. Bug bug bug lag lag lag, the phone at one point did not respond anymore and had to be restarted. On again, I had sort of a "scar" on the phone: When the phone was at high luminosity, a philigrane of the last Clash Royale screen I was on was present on my screen whatever I was doing. Moreover the screen was pulsating with light. This issue faded in a few minutes, mainly with diminuing luminosity and occupying my RAM with MCOC.
    Last thing last: It happens to me episodically that during a long fight, whichever game mode I'm playing, I get a 3sec freeze at any given moment in the fight. "Fortunately" it acts like a small "Pause" in the game.

Here you go with your info

Best regards.
  • In-game Name: xboraros
    Device and model: redmi5+
    Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both of them
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.1
    Game Mode: Story Quest, Event Quest, AQ, AW, Arena
    Description: Lag is certainly not consistent, but the following occurrences are the most common for me:
    1) When the defender dashes in towards me, the game would stop for a split second, not allowing me to block.
    2) At the beginning of the fight, right after the attacker and the defender run toward each others, the game would stop for a split second, not allowing me to block or parry.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,611 ★★★★★
    It's been a couple days since I posted on here, but I'd like to say that at least for me the severe lag no longer seems to be a problem, game is running pretty smoothly for me so hopefully other players have seen this improvement.
  • NihungNihung Posts: 108
    @Kabam Lyra

In-Game Name: Nihung
    Device and Model: NVidia Shield Tablet K1
    Device Operating System: Android Version 7.0 - Kernel 3.10.96+
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi - however happens on my Sony phone using cellular as well
    Game Version Installed: 20.00
    Game Mode: Happens randomly in all game modes.
    Description of the Issue: the game sometimes lags and frame rate drops. Sometimes the game just crashes without warning. Happens at least 3 times in the day. It's getting to the stage where the game is becoming unplayable. Also scrolling tabs the game lags. Moving along energy game lags. Sometime tablet gets very hot.
  • CS_arenaCS_arena Posts: 17

This thread is for Android users only.[/b]

In-Game Name: UnstoppableCs
    Device and Model: Lenovo A7000
    Device Operating System: 6.0
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular/what is your mobile carrier? Reliance JIO
    Game Version Installed: 20.0 version of the game only. (Example, 17.1.5)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest ,Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: when I go for opening crystals, it like takes years to go from one corner to start point then from there to vault, I might have got blade dupe but then the lag ended up with Hawkeye, when I play story it takes so time for landing a hit, then suddenly no Perry opponents evade, lot of units got wasted to kill ultron, and duck, aw too I used 15/15 0 items left, for this performance I have to leave ally
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    In-Game Name: crystaldsmith

Device and Model: Google Pixel XL

Device Operating System: 9.0

Cellular or WiFi: Both, oddly enough it's as best on WiFi as it is in mobile data. Verizon is carrier.

Game Version Installed: 20.0

Game Mode: event quests, alliance quests, alliance war.

Description of the Issue: there is a significant to severe lag that occurs when you are fighting. So if you swipe backwards or forwards there is a delay. There is no delay for the opponent so the AI is far more difficult to fight. Swiping back doesn't always move the champ backwards. After activating a special there is about a 1 to 2-second delay where the champ doesn't respond. when activating dexterity there is a 1 to 2-second delay where the champ does not respond. The AI can block special one and two but it seems to be arbitrary and I cannot pinpoint exactly what makes it occur. When attempting to block or parry the opponent the functionality does not always work. I've tested it thoroughly and it seems to be arbitrary as I cannot pinpoint exactly when it occurs or what specific Champs it occurs with.
  • In-Game Name: mohamed_anis
    Device and Model: sony T2
    Device Operating System: 5.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happens on both
    Game Mode: happens the most when questing but also happens on AQ and AW
    Description of the Issue: at the start of the fight it's like if the game is on slow motion and few seconds later it becomes almost normal but a bit slower but sometimes in the middle of the fight it feels like the screen froze for a couple of seconds
    also when opening crystals the app freezes for like 10 seconds before being able to purchase the crystal and when tapping the crystal the lag goes through the roof with more slow motion than ever and the crystal starts stopping on champions for more than 2 to 3 seconds then rolling over to the next champion and again and again till it stops on the fourth
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    In-Game Name:That1MasterGmr
    Device:Nokia 2
    Model:TA-1029
    Device Operating System:7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi:not sure of cellular,but I am sure both
    Game Version Installed:20.0.1
    Game Mode:all
    Description of the Issue:extreme lag:takes 2 minutes so I can open crystals and I can barely move,in aw champions in a mid combo enemys atack(not unstoppable),sabretooth's third attack misses,energy gliches:it randomly appears and when I use a energy refill the bar is grey,and the A.I. fights like it is in labyrinth of legends,the WiFi disconects(only when I play) and when I disconect and get back in I lose health and the enemy has the health from the start of the fight.
  • 19panther9619panther96 Posts: 16
    Android ZTE
    Version 6.0.1
    Both WiFi and phone
    Game version 20.0.1

Game lags not long after being on the game I tried to ignore it but it just keeps getting worse in most time it comes to a brief pause when I'm fighting no matter what type of quest im in it lags horribly when going down routes most times it comes to me restarting the game in most occasions. can y'all help me out with this because it is becoming a big problem the more I let it go on.
  • Lex34jnLex34jn Posts: 9
    model: moto x play
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939
    Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 + Quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53
    Adreno 405
    2GB
    android version: 7.1
    version of the game: 20.0
    game very slow, catching a lot, I can not fight and I can not even open crystals.
  • AtucktuckAtucktuck Posts: 2
    edited September 2018
    My comment was somehow deleted. Very rude. Same issues as everyone above with the freezes and glitches in fights and crystal openings on my LG Stylo 3. Everything is up to date. Been about 2 weeks since my game has been unplayable or just too annoying to deal with to even try playing. Already deleted and reinstalled game with no luck. I have a feeling my alliance is not going to put up with me not playing for too much longer.
    In-game Name: THEETUCKER27
  • ingame name:zooma4858
    device model : huawei y7 prime
    op : 8.0.0
    cellular or wifi : both
    game version: 20.0.1
    have found the lags in all of the game except arena
    problem is the response time is very bigand sometimes doesnt even respond
  • ArminiusArminius Posts: 12
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: -Arminius-
    Device and Model: HTC One M9
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: all game modes
    Description of the Issue: since 6 months its always the same with you guys. you launch another update with new content and the game starts lagging as hell for some time. since the 20.0 this went to another level. the game is not just lagging but there are fps-drops, like the game is running with 2fps or something. this not only happens during fights but in the menus too! i recognized, that those problems aren't there if you play at night. it seems to me as if your servers are the problem, because at daytime those problems are worse. i always restart my mobile and clear the cache before starting mcoc, so there are no other apps running in background.

please and fix those problems asap. im playing mcoc since the Beta and i am tired of using a bunch of items because you are not able to provide a decent performance of the game.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • Siavash_sepSiavash_sep Posts: 14
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: siavash_sep
    Device and Model: moto X style (xt1572)
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest , Alliance War , every quests maps , crystal opening sections , alliance and solo events sections
    Description of the Issue: after new update game becomes so lagging specially in crystales menus and quest maps , it's like slow motion and really annoying . at the start of fights it's lagging so much and i have to hold block cause i can't see what happening and its cost me a lot of items and units in aq and it's happens more over time till im just jump out the game cause it makes me crazy
    please do something its not fair
  • In-game name: Kulkarni246
    Device and model: Redmi and model 4A
    Device Operating system: 7.1.2
    Cellular and WiFi: Both
    Game version: 20.0.1
    Game mode: Story, AQ, AW, while collecting crystals and while opening them
    Effects with all the champs: All the champs
  • mad410mad410 Posts: 39
    edited September 2018
    In-game name: mad410

Device: Xperia X F5121

Operating system: Android 8.0.0, 34.4.A.2.107 build, August 1st security patch

Cellular or wifi: no difference

Game version installed: 20.0.1

Game mode: all

Description of issue: worse by the day. Game freezes, it's past lagging. Only have time now for AW for example. Overall game starts fine and in like 10 minutes feels like running a 2018 game on a pentium 1 or later 😅

It's no use describing all since I bearly get time to do AW fights. Any more is impossible. So AW wait and AQ. EQ, arena, danger rooms are a distant dream.

All I am permitted to do is help team AW and AQ and NOTHING MORE! SINCE AW season just started you have till end to fix or I'm forst to quit my boys after almost 2 years!

CAN'T PROGRESS JUST ON AW AND AQ!
    Compensations is a dream since I basicly can't play! Just fix!

Game got worse after patch for the new AQ went life, problems started with 20.0 update but game feels like worsens by the day since that update. Might not manage the little that I can now in near future at this rate.
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    Phonie Stark
    ZTE Blade Spark
    Android 7.1.1
    AT&T WiFi and cellular.
    Latest version of MCOC.

Same issues as most above. Crystal screen freezing, quest maps lagging badly, and many more issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game today and it seems to be worse now. Spending more time waiting for screens and fights to load than actual play time. Beyond frustrating.
  • SADDANSADDAN Posts: 23
    In-Game Name: Saddan Hussein
    Device and Model: Redmi Note 2
    Device Operating System: Android 5.0.2 (MIUI 9)
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi (have not tested cellular)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Danger modes, opening crystals and just everywhere in general
    Description of the Issue: lagging, choppiness, in game freezing making it impossible to have fair fights.

PS: This has never happened to me before, only in this month's update.
  • Lucifer_Zo_PahlLucifer_Zo_Pahl Posts: 4
    edited September 2018
    In-Game Name: Lucifer Zo Pahl
    Device and Model: Redmi 2 prime
    Device Operating System: 5.1.1 LMY47V (Lollipop)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: EVERY-FREAKING-WHERE
    Description of the Issue: Pure lag. Insane loading time before fights, stutters like hell while moving from tile to tile in quests. Response is slow AF. Fix this urgently else I'd rather just play another game
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Pixel 2 XL
    Android 9.0
    WiFi
    Game version 20.0.1

Game freezes when clicking the alliance tab to do help requests
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Crine60

Device and Model: LG Stylo 2 V

Device Operating System: 7.0

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Verizon cellular

Game Mode: Intermittent bad lag and freezing in every game mode and even in game screens like champion, crystals and items screens. Sometimes loading a fight takes slightly over 2 minutes before I get the fight to start and then for the game to stop standing still. Crystal screen can take over a minute to load so that I can scroll it. In maps the game will lock up so that I can't scroll the screen for 30 seconds at a time.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 687 ★★★
    In-Game Name: mattstafari
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy s6 & s8
    Device Operating System: 7.0 & 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular and WiFi
    Game Mode: Selecting tabs. Story and event quests.
    Description of the Issue: The game hangs for a long time when selecting any tab from the drop down. Slow api call?
    The fight freezes and after a while it can unfreeze but, I'm not ready when it does and I take a few hits.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★

Device and Model: Alcatel One Touch 7041X
    Device Operating System: 4.2.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both.
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.0
    Game Mode: All of them
    Description of the Issue: Major Lag. When entering in the arenas or quests, I barely can scroll down to select champion. I need to wait perhaps 1 minute or two until thelag goes away. During battles, sometimes the lag gets me twice: at the start of the battle (lasting 30 seconds) and something like 10-15 seconds later on the battle. This costs almost 1 minute, which can be a lost in AQ or AW. The Lag only goes away after restarting the game and wait 5 minutes before entering again
  • In game name: KingKrabby35
    Device And Model: Motorola E4
    Operating System: 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20.0.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description: A lot of lag in all game modes. It lags right before I enter a fight and I sometimes get damaged from that. Plz fix this issue as soon as possible.
  • Fumanchu69
    Samsung Galaxy Tab2
    Android 7.0
    WiFi
    19.0 & 20.0
    All game modes
    Within 20 minutes of gaming, the graphics begin to fizzle out, text gets scrambled and missing/added textures then crashes before and during fights.
  • m3chan1cm3chan1c Posts: 25
    In-Game Name: m3chan1c
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy s5 mini, Lenovo Yoga tab2
    Device Operating System: .6.0.1 (Samsung), 5.0.1 (Lenovo)
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: everywhere.
    Description of the Issue: After start every fight game is lagging (feel like slowmotion) for around 20-30 seconds then it goes back to "playable" mode. Moving between tiles in story quests is choppy. Very long loading times.
  • adramelchadramelch Posts: 98
    edited September 2018
    IGN: adramelch10
    Lenovo TB3-850F
    Android 6.0
    WiFi
    20.0.1 version
    After pressing any tab (for example the alliance tab) the game freezes in loading screen. Sometimes the game becomes completely unresponsive and I have to shut down the app, while other times it takes more than 5 minutes for the game to respond
This discussion has been closed.