Options

Hawkeye - underrated, but also needs a buff

Many people underrate Hawkeye. But he’s got amazing power control and a solid bleed. So he’s a good champ no doubt.
But he needs a buff. He doesmt have much going for him. Here are some basic ideas that will not make the champion OP at all, but will be a nice addition.

1) make hemorrhage not only once per fight
Hemorrhage should be able to occur infinite times in a fight, as the chance to get a hemorrhage is only 25%, so it won’t be op.

2) give a precision buff to his specials
Similarly to Daredevil, Hawkeye could use a precision buff after a special attack (its only fitting as he’s an expert marksman with great aiming skills). The effect should be that if the arrow hit goes critical, an additional +10% power is drained on the L1, and the potency of debuffs on specials is increased by +10%.
This precision should not be quite as strong as Daredevil’s, though, because then he would go critical on basically every single hit of all his specials, pretty much guaranteeing the little bonus.

3) people have been asking for this a lot: do something for his L2
Add something more to his L2! Maybe a shock, or an incinerate? A 90% concussion for maybe 8 seconds sounds very reasonable to me too. And as I said in number 2, if the arrow hits crit, there is a +10% potency increase for the debuff applied.

These are my suggestions. Please consider them, evaluate them, and hopefully use them in some way or another, partial, or all of my ideas. Thank you for reading!

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    I'd be happy with a faster Power Gain. It's a bit on the slower side.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    First of all, he's my favorite underrated champ. Got him 4* early.
    Second, not sure he need a buff, right now. Seriously, I don't remember when I lost a fight with him.
    He's THE best Hulk/RHulk/RagHulk killer in this game. No need to worry about SP3,
    His synergy with Quake is good.
    But, I agree with you, hemorrhage, should be more than once/fight, and, his SP2 is useless. I would add something against non bleeder. Stun maybe.
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Do you want to make Hawkeye Better then Sentry No Just No He is just a Human with A Bow Sentry is the one that need buff
  • Options
    His sp2 should definitely cause incinerate cause currently it’s just too... ordinary? Or repititve you know?
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I like most of your suggestions.
    1) make hemorrhage not only once per fight
    Hemorrhage should be able to occur infinite times in a fight, as the chance to get a hemorrhage is only 25%, so it won’t be op.

I agree, the chance is ridiculously low and the duration time is incredibly long, by the time you've got a hit and it is completed, you're either dead or the opponent is. Not very useful, sadly enough.

2) give a precision buff to his specials
    Similarly to Daredevil, Hawkeye could use a precision buff after a special attack (its only fitting as he’s an expert marksman with great aiming skills). The effect should be that if the arrow hit goes critical, an additional +10% power is drained on the L1, and the potency of debuffs on specials is increased by +10%.
    This precision should not be quite as strong as Daredevil’s, though, because then he would go critical on basically every single hit of all his specials, pretty much guaranteeing the little bonus.

I agree with the Precision buff, it is indeed very fitting to his character. I do not think this Precision buff should have secondary effects, it is fine as it is.
    3) people have been asking for this a lot: do something for his L2
    Add something more to his L2! Maybe a shock, or an incinerate? A 90% concussion for maybe 8 seconds sounds very reasonable to me too. And as I said in number 2, if the arrow hits crit, there is a +10% potency increase for the debuff applied.

I think a Shock debuff would be more appropriate to his L1 rather than his L2. Maybe the +10% potency is a better idea here. I would also say L2 should increase the chance for Hemorrhage by +50% (e.g. to 37.5%).

Any thoughts to improve his L3?
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 497 ★★
    They should let you "pick" an arrow debuff similar to how you can change Winter Soldier's debuff from his shots. He could have like 3-6 different debuffs from arrows depending on what situation/opponent you are facing.
  • Options
    EmperorLDragoEmperorLDrago Posts: 77
    edited September 2018
    @curiousgeorge
    Buddy you really talked a major point today. I have him as 4 star and 5 star and he's really something but usually underrated .he should be given more buff or debuff like weakness true strike or block breaker as in Marvel universe he's god of aiming and arrows *you know what I mean*
    So it will be better to see hin updated . Love to play as hawkeye
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    His special attack 3 should launch antman at the opponent.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Don't add any "buffs" like precision or anything. One of the best things about him is that he doesn't produce buffs so certain nodes, that i won't name, will not affect him.

A subtle change might be to allow hemorrhage for sp1 AND sp2 once per fight?
    or have sp2 either power lock opponent or gain double power from the hit. Essentially throwing an sp2 would then gain you an sp1.
    Or Sp2 bleed effects last 30% longer (including if hemorrhage is produced by it).
  • Options
    They should let you "pick" an arrow debuff similar to how you can change Winter Soldier's debuff from his shots. He could have like 3-6 different debuffs from arrows depending on what situation/opponent you are facing.

I like this idea too.

Debuffs for selection may include:
    incinerate
    poison
    bleed
    stupify
    power lock
    power drain (instant)
    power leak (over time)
    EMP (nullify all current buffs and debuffs on both of you)
    True Strike for the duration of special
  • Options
    Don't add any "buffs" like precision or anything. One of the best things about him is that he doesn't produce buffs so certain nodes, that i won't name, will not affect him.

A subtle change might be to allow hemorrhage for sp1 AND sp2 once per fight?
    or have sp2 either power lock opponent or gain double power from the hit. Essentially throwing an sp2 would then gain you an sp1.
    Or Sp2 bleed effects last 30% longer (including if hemorrhage is produced by it).

Clarification:

Allow hemorrhage once per fight for sp1 and once per fight for sp2. So twice per fight total.
    Or maybe a reset after sp3 similar to GR.
  • Options
    Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    He should be able to switch his arrows to have different effects. I also this his l3 should armour break or stun. A blast like that would do one or the other.
  • Options
    Spidey983Spidey983 Posts: 93
    And maybe guaranteed crit hits or true strikes on arrow hits