Please help me understand Starlord

McFernieMcFernie Member Posts: 86
Hi! I've seen Starlord very well-rated in many posts, usually mentioned as one of the top tech champs. Yet I don't quite see why. I've got several 4* about to me maxed out, which I think are superior: Octopus & power lock, Green Goblin & power drain, even Sentinel has heal block, incinerate...I've got a 4* Starlord gathering dust at 3/5, but I am sure it's my fault. So please I'd really appreciate it if someone gave me the right approach with this champ and confirm it is indeed superior to the ones mentioned before. Thanks!

Comments

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Member Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    When you awaken him he gains attack for every hit on the combo meter. So if you can hold a combo then his damage becomes basically the best in the game if you don’t really count Corvus first 20 hits. So when you get him to 100+ on the combo meter his SP2 can do 40k and his regular hits over 4K per. Depending on rank and sig ability of course. But he’s a raw damage beast.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    @McFernie he’s dodo unduped but duped he’s a god. Helped me through 5.2 and took down ROL WS in 120 hits r4/40
  • McFernieMcFernie Member Posts: 86
    So if I get it right, the trick is piling up hits in a combo, without getting hit. I will try it out guys, thanks.
    Wow! Thank you guys, I just tried and after 25 hits, Imgot 7k plus with Sp2, and he’s only 3/5! Time to upgrade...
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Member Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    you have great tech champs, all of them could be 5/50
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Member Posts: 273
    Shoot dude, those are all super tech champs. I want that Doc Oc...
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Yep, used my 3* to beat regen Magneto in Act 4. Over 21k damage on an SP2.. That's saying a lot for a 3*
    Thank you all. Only drawback I see with stronger champs is Sp3.how do you guys avoid it? Just baiting sp? Because I have the punch to beat 9k opponents, but once they launch sp3, it’s game over...
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Member Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    I think starlord lost he's value because of new champ that have great damage and a match better utility starlord offer

In the current game meta
    Let's take cap iw for example he offer so match Utility and damage that starlord doesn't have or even close too
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,721 ★★★★★
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    Let's take cap iw for example he offer so match Utility and damage that starlord doesn't have or even close too

Cap IW is good Sl stil has the Best danmged when u hit is over 300 but in no game mode aside of lol wher your danmged is cap at 50k
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,721 ★★★★★
    But the utlaty yeah Not great no control of the pover drian or shuk or. Hela blok
    Still I will take cap iw and starlord no
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Member Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    I think starlord lost he's value because of new champ that have great damage and a match better utility starlord offer

In the current game meta

While this statement is somewhat true,but it doesn't apply to this thread..we have someone who is at a low-mid tier asking for help..for him a duped 4* starlord can be massive..he gets an amazing option for rol,uncollected run,master and UC mode in monthly EQ and war bosses.
    And even so,in a game where u have to deal as much damage as possible, a champ which deals more damage than anyone after say 100 hits will never go out of the list of top champs
    SidDDragon, thank you and absolutely spot on. I understand SL might be bettered by more recent champs at higher end of game, but right now what I need is a transition champ to help me become uncollected, try Labyrinth, etc. before my 5* roster becomes stronger. And SL fits the role, a revelation for me. Thank you anyway ;)
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Member Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I’m using SL on the uncollected Onega Red

Takes some effort but avoiding the death field and being able to smash through his regen is so much fun
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Member Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    If you need raw damage he’s the best there is.
    i have a 4 star starlord not duped so thats why i dont know how good is he
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Member Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    @McFernie u will love using him..just don't get hit,that's the only requirement..he was my main champ for rol along with blade and was also a part of my team at 4/40 when I became uncollected last month and during aq days he is a part of my aw attack team in tier 6 wars(not the highest tier but not the worst either)
    Thanks again mate