**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Replace Sentinel from Mutant Danger Rooms with someone else

He takes entirely too long to kill. I'm dang near 300 hits trying to kill this dude. The fight is such a slugfest and overall pacebreaker compared to other days.

Comments

• Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Use a maxed 3* Sabretooth or Iceman. X-23 and Storm can also do well if you don't stack his analysis charges.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That Sentinel is frustrating. More so than the others.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    It’s more tedious than difficult, still worth doing when you have a few minutes to kill.
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    He can’t kill me, I can’t kill him ... like an old willpower match ... boring!
  • Options
    I not trying this stupid thing anymore
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    It is a simple fight (when compared to things like EQ bosses), but OMG it is a drag. 300+ hits with my maxed X23. What makes it really bad is when it turns into a combo, bait special, combo routine where you hit him 5 times, spend 15 seconds baiting a SP1, eventually evade it ( assuming you don't get cornered in the process), then repeat.

On top of that, he can get to full analysis by the time you're at 15 hits forcing you to evade every special.

More than anything, this particular fight is not in line with the rest of the week-long series. Same as the Uncanny room bosses at the end of the week.

All I'm looking for is some semblance of consistency.
  • Options
    Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    Im skipping master, not many 2* mutant champs to choose from, and the fight is just kinda stupid. The rewards wont make up for my frustration (and energies) anyways.
  • Options
    AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    I was master mode using a team of 1x2r3,4x2r2 (this our 2nd time facing sentinel boss in danger room), it took longer to fight the boss than other danger room, but i went with the trick of dealing around 20-25% health before sentinel complete the study. Then suicide, and move to do the same for next champ. This will be difficult for early game players, but if you have been familiar playing this, we expect 100% baiting sp1 + 0 error in dodging the sp1.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I bring fully maxed teams to each of these daily events and do the top 3 difficulties.

2* mutants vs Sentinel is absurdly out of alignment with the others.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Meh, they’d prolly just use domino instead.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,684 ★★★★★
    My 12 year old almost got him down with only one maxed 2* in the team, popped one team revive and finished it.

He did better on his first run (he didn't run it last week) than I did having two cracks at it.

He had no idea how to fight the sentinel (heavies, not combo'ing like a jerk, not taking multiple block hits etc) and only missed by a bit.

I need to git gud, sounds like a few of us do.
  • Options
    VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72
    All you gotta do is just keep hitting and don't get hit back too often:

https://youtu.be/cG54RgviyNg

200+ hits is a lot, but it's a good practice for everyone who has problems fighting these damn sentinels in AQ
  • Options
    DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    VeeTeeTee wrote: »

200+ hits is a lot, but it's a good practice for everyone who has problems fighting these damn sentinels in AQ

I doubt anyone has problems fighting sentinels in AQ
  • Options
    Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★

AQ sentinels are the easiest fights in AQ.

Anyone with a good armor break champ can KO them in less than 20 hits
  • Options
    VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72

I think you missed the point. Anyway, everybody was crying they were too hard to fight when they introduced them to AQ. Now that they've been nerfed in AQ, everyone thinks the one from danger rooms is too hard. It's not. It's just that hard as a defender when he's duped.
  • Options
    Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    Certainly the most annoying fight in the danger rooms.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I don’t even do the mutant one. Forget that sentinel. And not wasting any gold to rank 3*s for 100 shards..... I do every other day but hard pass on sentinel main boss.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    got him with my, underrated, Magneto. Synergy with and Cyclops, Storm, Colossus and Wolvie.

Mutants gain +8% Special Attack Damage.

All Champions gain +4% Attack.

All Champions gain +130 Critical Damage Rating.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    And 3* Psylocke, Cyclops, AA, Colossus and Wolvie

All Champions gain +95 Armor Rating.

Mutants gain +8% Special Attack Damage.

All Champions gain +130 Critical Damage Rating.

All Champions gain +8% Power Gain.
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    He is easy ... he is boring 200+ combo fight ... that’s the issue
  • Options
    WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★

I think you missed the point. Anyway, everybody was crying they were too hard to fight when they introduced them to AQ. Now that they've been nerfed in AQ, everyone thinks the one from danger rooms is too hard. It's not. It's just that hard as a defender when he's duped.

I think the point is that Sentinels are designed to fight mutants so one mess up on the sp2 after they have reached full analysis and its "Say goodnight, Gracie" one of epic proportions even if you mange to block it.