**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Emma Frost fight difficult and not fun to play [Edited by Mod for clarity]

LurkerLurker Posts: 196
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Keep making fights like Emma frost (only valid move is intercept) or imiw on certain war modes (only valid move is intercept with heavy). I'm interested to see how many players enjoy the interactive challenge enough to pay for your game.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Options
    InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    I dont
  • Options
    SprossTheBossSprossTheBoss Posts: 80
    edited September 2018
    *Edit* not trying to spam, was trying to edit and delete original comment but couldn't figure that out
  • Options
    Any fight that takes down 5 full health r4/6* without landing a single hit. Isn't fun, it's not alearning curve issue.
  • Options
    SprossTheBossSprossTheBoss Posts: 80
    edited September 2018
    Honestly check out Dorky Dave's new videos online, it can help a lot with intercepting at the start of the fight
  • Options
    Lurker wrote: »
    If the controls worked, having a very specific and limited way of fighting might be fin and challenging. Dave's videos would help. That's not the case with this game. Roughly 5% of the time, the controls just dont respond correctly. They dont leave enough room for that kind of error rate.

If your controls don't work, then nothing will help you. But if your controls don't work, I don't know why you're still playing this game, or even how you are still playing this game.
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    If the controls worked, having a very specific and limited way of fighting might be fin and challenging. Dave's videos would help. That's not the case with this game. Roughly 5% of the time, the controls just dont respond correctly. They dont leave enough room for that kind of error rate.

If your controls don't work, then nothing will help you. But if your controls don't work, I don't know why you're still playing this game, or even how you are still playing this game.

Not trying to be an bleep

I get character freezes all the time My toon just CANT move at all(can’t do anything)

I just not use potions and hope someone can kill the boss
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Emma frost is not bad, personally, if u can evade her SP attacks and stun her.
    It does take practice, esp evading her specials. Personally, I would love for kabam to put up an arena each month where we fight the bosses at same level of difficulty as the monthly event quest for practice.
  • Options
    acpacp Posts: 67
    I don't mind hard azzz challenges but what to do when game is laggy and buggy? For example I'm good at intercept but emma on uncollected somehow starts skipping frames. Not even giving time to finish my dash and teleports in my face. When I'm playing arena or other easy stuff or hell even the emma on uncanny danger room is smooth but uncollected one just becomes like glitch queen.
  • Options
    doctorb wrote: »
    It does take practice, esp evading her specials. Personally, I would love for kabam to put up an arena each month where we fight the bosses at same level of difficulty as the monthly event quest for practice.

Ironically, they came very close to doing exactly that with the Uncanny Danger Rooms, to a firestorm of complaints about how difficult the Uncanny Danger Rooms were.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    well. they are a business. they need to make money. and you dying in AW and buying revives and health helps the cause.
  • Options
    i wouldnt spend money on this game anyways it takes the fun away
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Emma Definitely took some pratice to get use to. Now my issue was not the fight itself but the fact that I thought she was way overpowered in uc 13k attack plus the fury and 150k health is a little much should have been one or the other ie high attack low health and Vice versa. I fought her in uncanny and she was much more forgiving as far as a mistake is considered not so much in uc one mistake your dead and with her health it was a long fight. I did feel the same way as op the first time I fought her in uncollected but after some practice in master she’s really not so bad. I think it would have been good had they had just a slight delay From when she throws her special and the inverted controls.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    Keep making fights like Emma frost (only valid move is intercept) or imiw on certain war modes (only valid move is intercept with heavy). I'm interested to see how many players enjoy the interactive challenge enough to pay for your game.

She's not that difficult with a properly working game (which thankfully I have). Negotiating the oscillate buff was/ is the difficult part in conjunction with her abilities, but once you get the pattern down it's fine and doable with 5/50s (og vision, hype, yondu, magik to name a few I used for master and uc).
    Also, in a pinch, block works the same with forward or backwards controls.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    In uc I would not power lock her with any 5/50 4* she will be stuck in Diamond form which will create a very long fight as you will be dealing little to no damage
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    In uc I would not power lock her with any 5/50 4* she will be stuck in Diamond form which will create a very long fight as you will be dealing little to no damage

Here's the trick : while in oscillate defensive armor mode you just heavy the **** out of her in any form. The diamond form reacts to your power level in relation to hers.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    She’s tough. I decided to take her on for the first time in Uncollected EQ. Not a wise decision to figure her out at her most powerful. Ended up dropping a handful of revives and a couple hundred units.

That’s just impatience. That’s on me.

Having faced her numerous times now in Danger Rooms and Master Mode, she is much more manageable. It takes time. That’s the way it should be. I can solo Master mode Emma, and got a couple one-shots on danger room Emma as well.

I realize that UC Emma is a lot more dangerous though. Strong enough that I’ve decided to skip 100% this month, and focus all my resources and boosts on exploration of Act 5.

The rewards for UC EQ are probably worth the units, but I also want to save as much as possible for Cyber Monday.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited September 2018

I don’t
    doctorb wrote: »

I don’t like this idea at all. How many games let you practice fighting the bosses over and over before actually playing the level? This defeats the purpose of a boss fight and the game itself.

Getting to the end, and taking on the unknown challenge is what makes it rewarding.

Practicing against Mike Tyson hundreds of times before going through Mike Tyson’s Punch Out honestly just seems silly.

• Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

If you can slip up/controls mess up a few times in a fight without dying, you can play with a game who's controls dont always work.

I've read (and agreed with) a large number of your posts so I know you understood when I said 5% of the time the controls dont work, means they do work a large percentage of the time. Its the "zero room for error" fights I complain about.

Dorky dave himself labelled this fight as zero room for error.

I just dont find that fun.
  • Options
    I've practiced the UC versions. I had zero problems with the uncanny danger room or master version.

I've just never personally witness such a large number of players "skipping 100%" on UC . I skipped the thanos fight. It wasnt for me, and I never said one word about on the forums. Special event, supposed to be the way it was. I dont find those fun. Normal, nobody, champs shouldn't be the same.