**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War boss options

Whats the better option for a war boss, Ultron 4* 5/50 sig lvl 71 or Modok 4* 4/40 sig lvl 99

I know stats wise Ultron will have more HP/Attack, but personally I think modok has the better ultitiy what with the sig ability and the autoblock shield

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    Mordok but any with and Km wuld crush Him faily esay.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Gamer wrote: »
    Mordok but any with and Km wuld crush Him faily esay.

Yeah theres always great counters to look out for, i personally enjoy using stark to ko ultron especially with a few poise charges and sp2. Just curious as although physically weaker than Ultron, Modok technically has the more utility.
  • Whats the better option for a war boss, Ultron 4* 5/50 sig lvl 71 or Modok 4* 4/40 sig lvl 99

I know stats wise Ultron will have more HP/Attack, but personally I think modok has the better ultitiy what with the sig ability and the autoblock shield

Probably MODOK. War defender utility has a lot to do with your tier: some stuff is super hard for some players and not so hard for others: for example IMIW is a very strong defender in general, but so many players in higher tier alliances have specifically gone out of their way to practice fighting him knowing they are going to face him, that there are a large pool of players that have him figured out and he often just gets creamed.

At the tier you're likely in if you're making that choice, I'm guessing it is more likely that the players you face will have difficulty with the stun immune MODOK more than the stun immune Ultron. But there's another thing to consider: sometimes the best champ for the node is not the correct thing to do. Consider this: if you place MODOK on the boss node, then if the other side clears the minibosses you will have ten guys facing MODOK, and if there's even one guy who knows how to fight him down he goes. On the other hand, if you place him on a miniboss node, he will be weaker but there will only be two or three players that likely have a shot at him, and if you stop those three guys now the boss node has a link up.

Which way is best is probably something you won't know without just trying and seeing what kind of results you get against the competition you face. But there is some cat and mouse to the best way to place, and the best way for one opponent won't always work on the next opponent.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Consider this: if you place MODOK on the boss node, then if the other side clears the minibosses you will have ten guys facing MODOK, and if there's even one guy who knows how to fight him down he goes. On the other hand, if you place him on a miniboss node, he will be weaker but there will only be two or three players that likely have a shot at him, and if you stop those three guys now the boss node has a link up.

That's cool strategy info in general. Hadn't considered that. Thanks.
  • kicsiheadkicsihead Posts: 32
    And what is with that when you placed a hero for a war boss and it had huge points but when war started it had 3 times less the points