Updated Champion Spotlight: Venom

After Peter Parker rejected a sinister alien symbiote, the extra-terrestrial threat sought revenge by bonding with Eddie Brock, ex-photographer for the Daily Bugle and Peter’s longtime rival. Fueled by their shared hatred of Spider-Man, Brock and the symbiote now use their immense strength and deadly abilities to gain revenge as the fearful Venom.

Base Stats & Abilities

*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
Health: 17,180
Attack: 1,216
Max PI:
Without Signature: 3,504
With Signature (99): 4,381

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
Health: 34,447
Attack: 2,437
Max PI:
Without Signature: 7,058
With Signature (200): 9,742

Character Class: Cosmic
Basic Abilities: Bleed, True Strike, Fury, Klyntar Mutation
*All abilities based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Genetic Memory
- Venom has a Klyntar Mutation Buff that refreshes itself every 9 seconds. When this effect activates, a random Genetic Memory Buff is gained from the list below. If Venom becomes Incinerated the Mutation Buff is Nullified. Max Genetic Memory Buffs: 7.
- Resist Physical: 352 increased Physical Resistance
- Armor Up: 222 increased Armor Rating
- Cruelty: 325 increased Critical Hit Damage rating
- Precision: 500 increased Critical Rating
- Fury: 182 increased Attack Rating

Klyntar Buff
- Venom’s Klyntar Mutation Buff provides +182 Attack and gains additional properties based on Venom’s opponent.
- Hero Champions: +15% Bleed Ability Accuracy.
- Spider-Verse Heroes: All attacks ignore Passive Evade effects.
- Tech Champions: Power Burn and Power Drain Immunity.

Developer Note: These effects are only active while the Klyntar Mutation Buff remains active. If the Buff is removed for any reason, all these bonus effects are lost until the Buff is re-activated.

Heavy Attacks
A heavy strike inflicts Armor Break, reducing the opponent’s Armor Rating by 666 for 11 seconds. Landing this attack also causes Venom to randomize his most recent Genetic Memory Buff.

Critical Hits
Critical Hits lacerate opponents with a 80% chance, inflicting 912 Bleed damage over 4.5 seconds.

Opponent Below 18% Health
Venom’s bloodlust grants him True Strike and Unblockable Special Attacks.

Special 1
Each strike has a 55% chance to steal a Buff and feed it to the symbiote, Nullifying the Buff, triggering a Genetic Memory Buff and healing Venom for 687 Health.

Special 2
Venom is unleashed, converting all Genetic Memory Buffs into Fury Buffs, each increasing Attack by 267 for 12 seconds.

Developer Note: The Buffs that are converted into Fury Buffs are lost. It is best to use this ability when the opponent is low on health to finish them off before they can activate specific abilities. Works very well when combined with Venom’s True Strike and Unblockable Special Attacks listed above.

Special 3
An ambush attack grants Venom +5% damage during this attack for each Buff Venom has.

Developer Note: This also includes Buffs gained from other sources such as Local and Global Nodes.

Signature Ability: Aggressive Symbiosis
- Rapid evolutionary changes to the Symbiote grant Venom an additional Genetic Memory Buff at the start of the fight, as well as a 100% chance to gain a third Buff to start the fight.
- Venom’s Genetic Memory Buffs also gain +18% Potency.

Synergy Bonuses:


Arachnid Hunters (Vulture, Green Goblin)
Venom: +1 Max Genetic Memory Buff cap
Vulture: +2000 Armor vs. Special Attacks while an Armor Up Buff is active
Green Goblin: Each Madness and Cunning charge grants +1% Attack

Symbiote Progenitor (Venom)
All Symbiote Champions gain +4% Attack and Health.

Developer Notes: This is a self synergy that automatically activates and does not require a different Champion on the team to activate.

Family (Symbiote Spider-Man, Agent Venom, Venompool)
All Champions gain +5% Health

Enemies (Carnage, She-Hulk)
All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating

Nemesis (Spider-Man, Spider-Man (Miles Morales))
All Champions gain +6% Attack

Rivals (Electro, Doctor Octopus)
All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating

Teammates (Joe Fixit)
All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance

Recommended Masteries:


Deep Wounds
With the increase in base Bleed Damage, this Mastery now causes much more damage for Venom.
Precision
Now that Venom’s Bleed is based on Critical Hits, this Mastery now grants more damage increase than before.
Assassin
Assassin has the same range as Venom’s True Strike ability listed above. Grab this Mastery to tear apart enemies that become more dangerous as they lose more and more health (Iron Man (Infinity War), Iron Man, Hulk, etc.)

Strengths
Spike Damage: Venom now has the ability to spike his opponent down later on in the match. To quickly finish off most opponents, get them below 18% health then use Venom’s Special 2 Attack to finish them off. The massive damage boost from the Special 2 Attack combined with Unblockable attacks and True Strike will take down most challengers.
Adjustable Power: Through careful use of Heavy Attacks, Venom can change his Genetic Memory Buff choice to better match his opponent. If the opponent has an effect that regularly ignores armor, try switching to Physical Resist or to an offense focused Genetic Memory Buff instead.

Weaknesses
Buff Reliant: Venom is very reliant on stacking up his Buffs to get the most damage output possible. Champions that can easily Nullify his Buffs will have a much easier time fighting Venom.
«1

Comments

  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    He looks pretty great now. Now I hope I get him.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,132 ★★★
    I'm Very Happy With he's Buff I have him as 4 star
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 337
    Surprised they went live with this so soon after the Beta
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 18,345 ★★★★★
    That WAS fast. Good job guys.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 763 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Official Spotlight said max genetic memory buff is 8 but forum spotlight says 7... Can kabam confirm which one is accurate
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 763 ★★★
    Also, will randomizing buff with heavy attack trigger MD or count as `consuming own buff?
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    Doesn't appear like they changed anything from the beta. But, that's fine, since Venom was awesome!

    This doesn't make sense though:
    Rapid evolutionary changes to the Symbiote grant Venom an additional Genetic Memory Buff at the start of the fight, as well as a 100% chance to gain a third Buff to start the fight.

    100% chance to proc a third? And where's the second?

    Just say he automatically starts the fight with 3 then? Or is it a lower % for lower sig levels?
  • jaylerd wrote: »
    Doesn't appear like they changed anything from the beta. But, that's fine, since Venom was awesome!

    This doesn't make sense though:
    Rapid evolutionary changes to the Symbiote grant Venom an additional Genetic Memory Buff at the start of the fight, as well as a 100% chance to gain a third Buff to start the fight.

    100% chance to proc a third? And where's the second?

    Just say he automatically starts the fight with 3 then? Or is it a lower % for lower sig levels?

    The second buff is guaranteed. The third one scales with sig ability
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 763 ★★★
    jaylerd wrote: »
    Doesn't appear like they changed anything from the beta. But, that's fine, since Venom was awesome!

    This doesn't make sense though:
    Rapid evolutionary changes to the Symbiote grant Venom an additional Genetic Memory Buff at the start of the fight, as well as a 100% chance to gain a third Buff to start the fight.

    100% chance to proc a third? And where's the second?

    Just say he automatically starts the fight with 3 then? Or is it a lower % for lower sig levels?

    The % chance is scaled based on sig. In short, when duped he will have 2 buffs at the start of the fight and based on sig he has a chance to get a third.
  • Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 804 ★★
    this is done? wow so now we can test too? good! i r4ed my venom some days ago so i can test him out well
  • Wait, does he have the buff already, or is it coming out when the new version comes out?
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    I hope generic buff max 10 and sp1 can heal without buff steal. :(
  • Is the 5* PI correct? Seems low for a 5/65
  • SSJB_GohanSSJB_Gohan Posts: 37
    edited September 2018


    Klyntar Buff
    - Tech Champions: Power Burn and Power Drain Immunity.



    I still feel this buff should be reduced to a 50%-75% Resistance to Power Burn and Power Drain Ability of Tech Champions, mainly because Champions like Vision (AoU) and Vision (Classic) will have an Extremely hard time when fighting Venom. Since their Special Attacks 1 and 2's Damage scales with how much Power they Burn/Drain, and will deal 0 Damage if the enemy had no Power or is Immune to Power Burn/Drain.
  • Whoa, didn't mean to make the whole comment orange... Didn't even know that was possible
  • Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 804 ★★
    Wait, does he have the buff already, or is it coming out when the new version comes out?

    when the new version comes out. i had doubts too
  • it is possible dont worry

    Lol, I was just worried something would happen like Kabam could've thought I was trying to put words in an Admin's mouth or imitate one...
  • SSJB_Gohan wrote: »
    it is possible dont worry

    Lol, I was just worried something would happen like Kabam could've thought I was trying to put words in an Admin's mouth or imitate one...

    Hi, I went ahead and edited the color on the comment you were referring to in order help avoid confusion. Didn't want you to have to worry about it and also wanted to try to avoid any possible confusion from new players who might be reading through this. Also, thanks for the feedback!
  • SSJB_Gohan wrote: »
    it is possible dont worry

    Lol, I was just worried something would happen like Kabam could've thought I was trying to put words in an Admin's mouth or imitate one...

    Hi, I went ahead and edited the color on the comment you were referring to in order help avoid confusion. Didn't want you to have to worry about it and also wanted to try to avoid any possible confusion from new players who might be reading through this. Also, thanks for the feedback!

    Thank you!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    SSJB_Gohan wrote: »


    Klyntar Buff
    - Tech Champions: Power Burn and Power Drain Immunity.



    I still feel this buff should be reduced to a 50%-75% Resistance to Power Burn and Power Drain Ability of Tech Champions, mainly because Champions like Vision (AoU) and Vision (Classic) will have an Extremely hard time when fighting Venom. Since their Special Attacks 1 and 2's Damage scales with how much Power they Burn/Drain, and will deal 0 Damage if the enemy had no Power or is Immune to Power Burn/Drain.

    I’m guessing that this is intended as a nod to the class relationships. Cosmic champs have a class advantage over tech champs (which a few have power drain/steal abilities) so it’s probably to emphasize the relationships. You have other power drain options such as Magik, DV, GR, Dorm, all which have a class advantage against Venom.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    SSJB_Gohan wrote: »


    Klyntar Buff
    - Tech Champions: Power Burn and Power Drain Immunity.



    I still feel this buff should be reduced to a 50%-75% Resistance to Power Burn and Power Drain Ability of Tech Champions, mainly because Champions like Vision (AoU) and Vision (Classic) will have an Extremely hard time when fighting Venom. Since their Special Attacks 1 and 2's Damage scales with how much Power they Burn/Drain, and will deal 0 Damage if the enemy had no Power or is Immune to Power Burn/Drain.

    I’m guessing that this is intended as a nod to the class relationships. Cosmic champs have a class advantage over tech champs (which a few have power drain/steal abilities) so it’s probably to emphasize the relationships. You have other power drain options such as Magik, DV, GR, Dorm, all which have a class advantage against Venom.

    Of course there are other Drainers and Burners, I'm just bringing up the fact that it feels like a bit much. That's a pretty big disadvantage on top of the current disadvantages a weak class has on it's superior class, I think the idea is fine but it should just be reduced a little bit so that Champions like the Visions don't have a near impossible time fighting Venom.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    SSJB_Gohan wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    SSJB_Gohan wrote: »


    Klyntar Buff
    - Tech Champions: Power Burn and Power Drain Immunity.



    I still feel this buff should be reduced to a 50%-75% Resistance to Power Burn and Power Drain Ability of Tech Champions, mainly because Champions like Vision (AoU) and Vision (Classic) will have an Extremely hard time when fighting Venom. Since their Special Attacks 1 and 2's Damage scales with how much Power they Burn/Drain, and will deal 0 Damage if the enemy had no Power or is Immune to Power Burn/Drain.

    I’m guessing that this is intended as a nod to the class relationships. Cosmic champs have a class advantage over tech champs (which a few have power drain/steal abilities) so it’s probably to emphasize the relationships. You have other power drain options such as Magik, DV, GR, Dorm, all which have a class advantage against Venom.

    Of course there are other Drainers and Burners, I'm just bringing up the fact that it feels like a bit much. That's a pretty big disadvantage on top of the current disadvantages a weak class has on it's superior class, I think the idea is fine but it should just be reduced a little bit so that Champions like the Visions don't have a near impossible time fighting Venom.

    Why? Just don’t use Vision lol. Vision already is bleed immune which hinders Venom’s offensive attack capabilities. Honestly I would prefer them to leave it at 100% because now you know for sure not to use Vision. Would you rather go in with a 50% chance and hope he can power drain only to get wrecked by an L3?
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 292 ★★
    He's been improved quite a bit overall, I'm just disappointed that his special 3 is basically useless. The damage boost is negligible and the special ends up doing about half the damage of an L2. On top of that it lost the replicate ability. Like I mentioned in my feedback it would've been great to give his L3 some kind of buff, debuff, or replicate/nullify to make it worth using.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 733 ★★
    This might actually make him worth using
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,827 ★★★
    He's been improved quite a bit overall, I'm just disappointed that his special 3 is basically useless. The damage boost is negligible and the special ends up doing about half the damage of an L2. On top of that it lost the replicate ability. Like I mentioned in my feedback it would've been great to give his L3 some kind of buff, debuff, or replicate/nullify to make it worth using.

    That's true, but look at Cyclops, Gamora, Moon Knight, Ant Man, Hawkeye, Colossus... All champions with very weak Special-3 Attacks. Cyclops and Gamora particularly are examples where you want to avoid SP3 because it does vastly less damage than the SP2, and their Sig doesn't work at all on the SP3.
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    edited September 2018
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Can any administrator confirm, officials spotlight says max Genetic Memory Buffs: 8 but forum spotlight says it's 7!
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,682 ★★★★
    So with the carnage and AV/ SSM/ venompool synergy, he can have 9 genetic memory buffs? 7+1 from each synergy.
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    edited September 2018
    gofxyb8e3tjh.png


    Even in forums version 20.1 released announcement kabam said max Genetic Memory Buffs: 8 now which one true?? It will be good if it's 8.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,827 ★★★
    I look forward to playing with new Venom.

    Not so much looking forward to fighting him on his impending boss nodes in next week's event quests...
Sign In or Register to comment.