**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Marvel Realm of Champions [MERGED THREADS]

PizzaGuy245PizzaGuy245 Posts: 45
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
So the new mobile game trailer just dropped,What do you think about the future of MCOC with the game coming out? Do you think the game will shut down or just not be updated anymore?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• JensC91JensC91 Posts: 9
    What are your thoughts about the future of MCOC after the announcment?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    a chance for what?

from what Gabe said, CoC will continue but there's going to be crossover stories and it seems to me, we might get some crossover characters - like Queen Shuri or War Thor.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m exited too see the play style. If it will be the same as mcoc or it will it be like strike force
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    New game trailer?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

So the new mobile game trailer just dropped,What do you think about the future of MCOC with the game coming out? Do you think the game will shut down or just not be updated anymore?

they said they have plans to update the game atleast another 6 years, why do you think they would stop updating, they can have multiple games at one time?

New game trailer?

marvels realm of champions.
    This game is planned to continue. That much I know. From the looks of the Trailer, it's not the same type of game at all, really. Interesting for sure.
    It won't affect this one, if you ask me.
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    Gabe just posted on Twitter "Two Games, One Universe". So that's pretty interesting. I'm not worried about MCOC going away anytime soon.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Itll be interesting to see crossover characters like female doc strange and queen shuri panther lol
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Hmm are they going to Transfer us to a completely different Game after Act 6 has been done for a few months? There's been theories "The Contest" Story Wise is going to End with the end of the Main Story Mode, so is this the next step for the story maybe and we'll get to move our entire account to this next Phase of the Game?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Also apparently this just got released and the two game will be connected
  • ZoneX95ZoneX95 Posts: 31
    So I've seen the new game Kabam is creating, I'm curious whether MCOC will suffer through redirecting staff to the other project or not. I've seen similiar stuff happen when a small company creates new games, their old one suffers. What's it going to be?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Marvel and Kabam said both will keep going and the universe between both games is the same.
    If you want to know what happened to Clan battle mode, well it became its own game.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    Looks like they’re trying to give the new thing a bump by making some tenuous connections to their existing property. If the new thing takes off and MCOC declines they would be dumb to add resources to MCOC when they could add them to MROC.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited October 2019

Looks like they’re trying to give the new thing a bump by making some tenuous connections to their existing property. If the new thing takes off and MCOC declines they would be dumb to add resources to MCOC when they could add them to MROC.

watch the announcement, it was developed for MCOC but became too big so had to become its own game, I think it was born out of the Clan mode "Coming Soon" that we never got
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    ZoneX95 said:

So I've seen the new game Kabam is creating, I'm curious whether MCOC will suffer through redirecting staff to the other project or not. I've seen similiar stuff happen when a small company creates new games, their old one suffers. What's it going to be?

My concerns exactly.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm sure I'll play it. I just can't see myself going as hard as this game. Lol. Then again, you never know. 4 years ago, a game came up in Suggested Apps. I said, "I like Marvel. Maybe I'll try it.". Here we are. Hahaha.
    The concept reminds me of ideas that were suggested here. Looks like Bases became MCOC Risk. Very intrigued.
  • Gabe said it's a live action 3v3 RPG, so a completely different style.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★

Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop in and answer some of the questions that've popped up. First, the Contest is going to keep going and we have a ton of plans for the future of MCoC (some of which you can read about in our Future of the Battlerealm post) that we are excited for all of you to see for years to come. The Contest of Champions and Realm of Champions are two parts of the same universe and even share stories and events between the two. We're excited to expand this universe and have additional ways to share these stories with all of you.

Additionally, there are separate dedicated teams working on each game, though they are led by the same creative director.

Thanks for weighing in. I’ll give the new game a shot. Hopefully the synergies between the two games are more than just initial promotions.

Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop in and answer some of the questions that've popped up. First, the Contest is going to keep going and we have a ton of plans for the future of MCoC (some of which you can read about in our Future of the Battlerealm post) that we are excited for all of you to see for years to come. The Contest of Champions and Realm of Champions are two parts of the same universe and even share stories and events between the two. We're excited to expand this universe and have additional ways to share these stories with all of you.

Additionally, there are separate dedicated teams working on each game, though they are led by the same creative director.

Thanks for weighing in. I’ll give the new game a shot. Hopefully the synergies between the two games are more than just initial promotions.
    If there's crossover progress or Exclusive Rewards that can carry over, I'm in. XD
  • HCMmcocHCMmcoc Posts: 55
    Wonder what the playstyle is like. I played strike force for a few months but did not like it much so quit. I tried future fight but could not get into it much. Then I tried COC and loved it.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    HCMmcoc said:

Wonder what the playstyle is like. I played strike force for a few months but did not like it much so quit. I tried future fight but could not get into it much. Then I tried COC and loved it.

Strike Force is terrible. FF is better, but boring, and there’s too much to do. I don’t know if this game will be like either. Personally, I’m really hoping for a League of Legends/Dota kind of game, as that would be pretty awesome and brand new for Marvel. Don’t think they’ll do that though. I’ll play it solely for that Shuri Black Panther, however.

Warden out ~
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    edited October 2019
    I just saw the trailer for Realm of Champions, A huge annocument! What is going to happen to the current contest? The large void in the middle of the new character map is part of the RoC. So will these games be coliding in terms of chracters? Storylines? I'm really intrestred to see whats going to happen and how RoC functions. Also does this explain why Meastro and Punisher were not on the new character map?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    So is Realm of Champions a new game or is it going to be part of MCOC?