**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 24.3 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.3 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• noldnold Posts: 30
    In-Game Name: Noldoroth
    Device and Model: Razer Phone 2
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 24.3
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Unintended heavy attacks firing mid combo. It seems that the time required to "hold" a tap for a heavy is very, very short. It is happening for all champs, in all modes. The bug was introduced in version 24.1.5 and despite reports from many users, is yet to be acknowledged by Kabam.
  • Hello.
    I have an issue, while attempting to enter uncollected monthly quest 2.2, the system crashes with an unknown error message
    Summoner name: Burungadunga
    Huawei p20 pro
    Android Os 9.1.0
    I have entered AW and arenas, the problem is limited to monthly quest.

• In-Game Name: Kameaimimau

Device and Model: Google Pixel 3

Device Operating System: Android 9.0

Cellular or WiFi: Cellular (haven't tried WiFi yet)

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Monthly Event Quest

Description of the Issue: while loading monthly Event Quest on the Man-Thing screen a note pops up saying, "Unknown error occurred, please try again later." Been trying for 20 minutes.
    All the other games modes work except this one.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    Rnr87
    Galaxy s9+
    Event quest ran completion just fine on first chapter then the error screen pops up and kicks me out the game most recent update and all other modes work but now I have champs locked in an event quest and just used an energy refill hope this gets fixed asap
  • Ridikulus47Ridikulus47 Posts: 11
    Pixel 3a XL
    Unknown Error occurs when entering Uncollected EQ Chapter 2. No issues when I log in under my second account.
  • DPInfinityDPInfinity Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: DPInfinity
    Device and Model: Samsung J320V
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Game Version Installed: 24.3.0
    Game Mode: Event Quest
    Description of the Issue: When entering into Event Quest, and only Event Quest, displays a popup that reads "Unknown error occured, please try again later."
  • NarlsonNarlson Posts: 23
    Samsung S10
    Android Pie
    WiFi and Cellular.
    When trying to start EQ 2.1 get "Unknown Error occurred, please try again later" then game crashes.
    Happened 5 times already champions are locked in, going nuts!
  • Ridikulus47Ridikulus47 Posts: 11

Pixel 3a XL
    Unknown Error occurs when entering Uncollected EQ Chapter 2. No issues when I log in under my second account.

In game name : Ridikulus47
  • BeekeeperBeekeeper Posts: 81

In-Game Name: capedNiNja
    Device and Model: Samsung S7 Edge
    Device Operating System: Android 8 Oreo
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Event Quests

Description of the Issue: Unable to enter monthly Event quest 2.1. Uncollected difficulty.

"Unknown error occured, please try again later."

However I'm able to enter into 1.1 and 1.2. I was able to enter few minutes back into 2.1 using different champs. Thanks

In-Game Name: capedNiNja
    Device and Model: Samsung S7 Edge
    Device Operating System: Android 8 Oreo
    Game Mode: Event Quests

Description of the Issue: Unable to enter monthly Event quest 2.1. Uncollected difficulty.

"Unknown error occured, please try again later."

However I'm able to enter into 1.1 and 1.2. I was able to enter few minutes back into 2.1 using different champs. Thanks
  • deadcrimedeadcrime Posts: 16
    edited October 2019
    In-Game Name: deadcrime

Device and Model: Xiaomi Mi Note 6

Game Version Installed: 24.3.0

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Monthly Event Quest

Description of the Issue: while loading monthly Event Quest Uncollected diff. on the Man-Thing screen a note pops up saying, "Unknown error occurred, please try again later." Champions are stucked there
  • Axeman_WolfAxeman_Wolf Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Axeman Wolf
    Device and Model: Galaxy S9
    Device Operating System: Version 9
    Game Version Installed:Version 24.3 of the game.
    Game Mode: Event Quests,
    Description of the Issue: Event quest ran completion just fine on the first chapter then the error screen pops up and kicks me out of the game after the most recent update and all other modes work but now I have champs locked in an event quest and i just used an energy refill.
    edited October 2019

Wassup Gamers, You can click on the monthly event quest banner on the home screen and then select different quest (like 1.1) and then when the prompt comes up, click quit.
  • AshuvinuAshuvinu Posts: 31
    New update is really annoying champs control are not working fine as they were used to be
    Like ghost Rider sp1 animation
    Alot of lagging and crashing
    Our best players are suffering
    Help to set up this problem please
  • ZoneX95ZoneX95 Posts: 31
    In-Game Name: ZoneX95
    Device and Model: Ulefone Power 3
    Device Operating System: Version 7.1
    Game Version Installed:Version 24.3 of the game.
    Game Mode: All

Vision Aarkus, worst champion ever created by Kabam, his specials/frozen air ability cause intense lag on most devices, it is due to many particles they produce, I will keep reporting this untill you recognize the issue.
  • TYRANNOUS74TYRANNOUS74 Posts: 8
    In game name: TryannousMax
    Device: Samsung Gslaxy S9+
    Device operating system: version 9
    Cellular or WIFI: both
    Game version installed: 24.3
    Game mode: Alliance War

Issue: In alliance war, finished off the first two tiers got the last tier (mini bosses then final Boss tier) after a night of sleep I attacked Domino on node 48 the stun and immune node. I had no control over my champion attacking or when holding block not blocking was able to dexterity at the beginning of the fight but once in the fight nothing. It's almost like I had no control over my character at all I don't know if the controls fell off during the fight or what?? But this is not enjoyable at all and very frustrating. I was running suicides for my masteries, was fully boosted 10% champion boost, 10% attack boost, 15% health boost. I run 6 star Corvus with the Proxima synergy, and had 2 missions complete. It's one thing to lose a fight miss a block or a little slow on a party but this was no control, I had no control over my character at all. I am now considering just quitting the game outright, this is not enjoyable at all, there is no challenge cause I don't have control anyways! Not sure if this is a bug or the complete update? I haven't run the EQ's yet not sure if I should even bother.??

• tsc0809tsc0809 Posts: 11
    edited October 2019

I had no control over my champion attacking or when holding block not blocking was able to dexterity at the beginning of the fight but once in the fight nothing. It's almost like I had no control over my character at all I don't know if the controls fell off during the fight or what??

Dude, I filed the same complaint in the iOS thread. It's like my champs have a mind of their own. Dexxing or moving backwards on their own. Not blocking... I'm having to put in too much effort to control anything.

• NewnoizeNewnoize Posts: 1
    tsc0809 said:

I had no control over my champion attacking or when holding block not blocking was able to dexterity at the beginning of the fight but once in the fight nothing. It's almost like I had no control over my character at all I don't know if the controls fell off during the fight or what??

Dude, I filed the same complaint in the iOS thread. It's like my champs have a mind of their own. Dexxing or moving backwards on their own. Not blocking... I'm having to put in too much effort to control anything.

We have the same Problem in Our Alliance. It’s so frustrating. And it’s not an issue only of certain devices. No announcement, no nothing. Thats the frustrating Part of Kabam company policy. They need us to Beta test. Everyone is complaining since the update.

• Turkey_Tone83Turkey_Tone83 Posts: 74
    In-Game Name: Big Tone
    Device and Model: Google Pixel XL
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens on both
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Main issues seem to be dex and parry not working properly. I seem to have to judge a lot sooner than normally have to. Example is evading Mephisto's special 1. Normally it would show dex x3 now just twice and get clipped by the specials.

The AI also seems to do a half 'swipe back' extremely quickly and it's difficult to judge how they are going to react.

I'm in a discussion group of about 250 players globally and a lot are having the same issue. Android + iOS. To the point some are doing a factory reset on their device.

Getting this often

• MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    In-Game name: MøstWantëd
    Device: Huawei p20 lite
    Os version: 8.0
    Cellular or wi-fi: both
    Game version: 24.3
    Game modes: any of them
    List of issues:
    1) wasp doesn't always passively stun the opponent (due to lag? Maybe)
    https://streamable.com/qqunt
    (The issue is present since July)

2) wasp doesn't land the 2nd guaranteed critical hit. Her heavy makes her shrink down twice, so she should land a critical with the next hit after completing heavy. (Before August update, it was working indeed)
    https://streamable.com/y3wn8

3)Ghost gets parried, evade, Special countered after 2 miss.
    No other stuff to add here, we are having trouble since march: the AI has been improved, nobody can deny it.
    https://streamable.com/tczzm

4) Ghost misses her hits against some characters (I.e. against medusa, Thor, Ronan)
    https://streamable.com/mphkz
    https://streamable.com/139uu
    It looks like her hits take too few space and can't land. That could be the source of other bugs, such n.3 and n5... Idk

5) Ghost can't hit the enemy with her heavy: second hit misses the opponent.
    https://streamable.com/9hm4k
    More info in this thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/134763/ghosts-heavy-attack-whiffing#latest

Those are some of the many bugs I'm facing from months (at least 6). We need them to be fixed
  • StateNMEStateNME Posts: 9
    In game name: StateNME
    Device name and model: Razer Phone 2
    Device OS: android 9.0
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game version: 24.3.1
    Game mode: dungeons/all

Hi, it's me again, just hanging out posting the same **** problem that I have posted with every update since 24.1.5. Something is causing random heavy attacks when not requested during attempted combos. This started when version 24.1.5 was pushed to my device on August 22nd. This occurs in all game types, and all heros, producing unwanted heavies.
    the problem is so bad I failed on a Tier 4 Basic run. the unwanted heavy get dodged then get countered or just straight countered over and over. New update same problem. Game is unplayable in current state. Guess someday I will get to play again.
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Greifmaster911
    Galaxy s8+
    Wifi and 4g
    Alll game versions
    Aq/aw

I would load into a timed fight and after clicking fight the game would never load and proceed to kick me out of the fight, you cant get back into the fight so you have to go back to home page and proceed to lose an attack bonus and half the health of a chosen champ
  • ScarletJynxScarletJynx Posts: 5
    Suddenly I am having champs do whatever they want. Dashing forward when I didn't, mot holding block. Also..just used an energy refill to refill all my energy. Moved once and it's gone..had to ask for energy. Closed and reopened game..still not there.
  • Aleksandr3088Aleksandr3088 Posts: 10
    Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus 4/64 processor Shardragon 625, lags in the game poor optimization, characters stand or spontaneously run in front of, in story missions, war of unions, assignments of unions impossible to play
  • Device and Version: Honor 7x

Mobile Carrier: Airtel4G

Game Mode: Event Quest

Champions Affected: Medusa 4star R5 sig 40

Active Boosts: No boosts

Description of the Issue: Medusa's armour shatter isn't working correctly on robotics. Please see the video how while using medusa special 2 on vision.

Screenshot or Video: video too large uploaded on Facebook, Mcoc journal
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    YES!!!! I was just about to post the same thing. Champs don't evade/dex on swiping back AND decided to run straight across the screen to get beaten up just for the hell of it. I nearly smashed my tablet jn frustration. I wonder kabam, would you reimburse the cost if i did? Currently TRYING to explore 5.3,
    Galaxy s tab 2. Not that it will do me any good posting this.
  • B1gswordB1gsword Posts: 4
    Hi. Brought a pixel 4 xl the game loads fine but when you are trying to do a combo the character keeps pulling heavy attacks instead of a 5 hit combo. It's completely unplayable
  • EpicGOATEpicGOAT Posts: 46
    In-Game Name: The O.G. GOAT
    Device and Model: Pixel 4 XL
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Launching UNINTENDED heavy attack in mid combo sequence, MLLLM. Also experiencing dropped inputs when dashing back and attacking. This only occurs at 90hz refresh rate.
  • In-Game Name: The_Uno
    Device and Model: Galaxy S9
    Device Operating System: Android 9

Cellular or WiFi: Cellular data, T-Mobile

Game Mode: Story Quests

Description of the Issue: While in 5.3.5 (CW Black Panther is the boss), I run the path that requires the skill key. The path has power lock and reverse healing, and as I was using Blade in a fight he didn't achieve a full bar, yet I became power locked for the remainder of the fight. With willpower, my health drained dramatically faster and I no longer could use a special.
This discussion has been closed.