**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 24.3 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.3 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• botonox03botonox03 Posts: 29
    In-Game Name: Botonox03.
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: This issue happens on both cellular (Verizon) and wifi.
    Game Version Installed: 24.3 version of the game.
    Game Mode: Labyrinth of Legends.
    Description of the Issue: Aegon will take damage on intercepts after persistent combo reaches 700 or so (maybe 750). I at first thought this was an error on my part, but after watching a replay of fighting, it I clear I was making contact before the opponent hit me.
  • rmilana41rmilana41 Posts: 34
    In-Game Name: rmilana41
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: IOS 13.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: both AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 24.3.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: When hitting continue on Event Quest I receive the following message and then the game closes out

• DennisAlleyDennisAlley Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: dralley24
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cell
    Description of the Issue: locked out of all eq. Device crashes when I attempt to open. Champions are locked in quest.
  • In-Game Name: hyp3rstr34m jr
    Device and Model: iphone XR
    Device Operating System: ios 13.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Cellular Sprint. Home Wifi Comcast
    Game Version Installed: 24.3
    Game Mode: EQ 2.1 Uncollected
    Description of the Issue: I completed EQ 1.2 Uncollected, when i clicked the play next, it came up with an error and immediately closed the game. I've provided a video of the problem.
    Video
  • DennisAlleyDennisAlley Posts: 3
    See attached photo
  • RugbyBunnyRugbyBunny Posts: 7
    edited October 2019
    Game Name: RugbyBunny
    iPhone XS
    iOS 12.1
    Cell carrier: Rogers
    Game Verison: 24.3
    Game Mode: Monthly EQ Master 2.1
    Same issue as others. Click on continue quest and error comes up.
    See photo
  • xVxNotoRiouSxVxxVxNotoRiouSxVx Posts: 58
    edited October 2019
    @rmilana41 @DennisAlley I found a way to get out of your champions being locked in the EQ, If you go to story mode and join there, it'll ask if you want to quit the EQ that you're in. Just click quit or exit, then you'll be able to continue using your champions. Just dont try to go back into the same EQ that the Error is occurring in.
  • MattyHeroMattyHero Posts: 3
    In-Game name: MattyHero
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cell
    Description of the Issue: locked out From eq
    Started story quest to quit out of eq but crashes any time I try to start uncollected 2.1
  • Game Name: D_James_D
    iPhone 7
    iOS 13.1
    Cell carrier: TIGO
    Game Verison: 24.3
    Game Mode: Uncollected Chap 2
    Error: Same as everybody trying to play and error comes up “An unexpected error has occurred please try again later”
  • Game Name: Varun765
    iPad 4th gen
    IPadOS 13.1.1
    Wifi
    Game version 24.3
    Game mode: Event quest
    Error: same problem as others
  • In-Game Name: Dothraki King
    Device and Model: IPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WIFI and cellular
    Game Mode: Monthly event quest exploration chapter 2
    Description of the Issue: game crashed and said error code try again later when I tried to explore the monthly event quest. Game keeps crashing when I attempt to continue monthly event quest
  • KinglosoKingloso Posts: 4

Issue crashing while attempting to complete uncollected monthly event quest while using the iPad. Logged in through my phone and was able to play the content.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,248 ★★★★
    In game: psp742
    Device: Apple iPod touch 6th gen
    WiFi: works on everything except MCOC
    Game version: latest update
    Problem: game is stuck in loading screen
    It just doesn’t progress even after five minutes

I don’t have problems on my android device.
  • Mikediesel3Mikediesel3 Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Mikediesel3
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Cellular or WiFi: This issue happens on both cellular (Verizon) and wifi.
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Since the game update, I have issues where my champion just freezes in the middle of fights, swipes don’t register, and my champion stops mid combo. It is especially bad in AQ. Parry is almost impossible as well, and sometimes my champion does heavy attacks without me touching my screen. Same things happen to an alliance mate with the same device and set up.
  • Gamename: Curtis is God
    Device: IPhone 8 Plus
    Operating System: 12.4.1
    Cellular or WIFI: Both have 4G
    Game version: 24.3
    Game mode: All
    Issues. Champs freeze and stop mid combo. Parry only works half the time. Champs perform heavies without provocation. Trying to heavy causes the champ to dash backwards half the time.
  • tsc0809tsc0809 Posts: 11
    edited October 2019
    In-Game Name: tsc0809
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro
    Cellular or WiFi: Both cellular (Verizon) and WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 24.3
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Parry is almost impossible...like it just does not work. Sometimes my champ dexes or dash backwards without me touching my screen. Heavies seem sluggish at time as well...I'm having to put too much effort into getting a heavy off. Trying to heavy causes the champ to dash backwards half the time. Sometimes it just feels like the game has mind of its own and I'm not controlling anything.
  • Cheqo28Cheqo28 Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    In game name: cheqo28
    Device: iPhone SE
    Operating: iOS 13.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: both WiFi and cellular (T-Mobile)
    Game version: 24.3 latest
    Game mode: Arenas lagging and quest mode lagging and not able to parry correct and haven’t been able to log in to the game all day won’t make it pass the loading screen
  • In game: itchybarnsdad
    Device: iPhone 11 Pro
    WiFi: works on everything except MCOC
    Game version: latest update
    Problem: Stuck in loading screen!! Have removed and re-installed. Have removed, hard reset, re-installed. Have tried wifi, have tried 4G only. Just started happening today (10/6/19)

• YorkrockYorkrock Posts: 16
    Having major issues with random dashing back during gameplay. Not champs specific - anyone else?
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69
    Ingame: CeresCPH
    Device: iPhone 7
    Wifi and cellular: Both
    Version 24.3.

Crazy lags in various spikes (like when lots of animation or other processes done at once). Resulting in no game play control e.g. no parry, making unintended heavies and so on.
    Worst lags results in complete game shutdown (back to main screen In iOS).

Very warm phone. Like the same level as when we last had over heating problems.

Hopefully this is a temporary problem. Game seems pretty unplayable.

All began with 24.3 on iOS 13.

• defcatdefcat Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: defcat
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Cellular and Wifi: both
    Game Mode: Everything
    Description of the issue: phone updated to the latest iOS overnight. Since then nearly every time I try to dex it brings up the app scroll screen and pauses the game. This cost us war death. Today and is making aq difficult. Please help!!
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 536 ★★★
    In Game Name: Scripps
    Device: IPhone XR
    Cellular and WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 24.3 version of the game
    Game mode: Everything
    Description of the issue: The game kicks me out every 4-10 minutes of playing, randomly. I’ve installed the game Over and over again and have restarted my phone too. It just boots me out and will cause me to lose my progress and champs in a fight. Please help me! Nothing is working. It just keep kicking me out saying lost connection, when there isn’t.

My in game name is: SCRIPPS
  • BabafrigoBabafrigo Posts: 44
    In Game Name: Babafrigo
    Device: IPhone 6s plus
    Game mode: Everything
    Description of the issue: While i was playing my screen freezing and drop rate reducing due to fact that icant parry, icant intercept, i cant dash back or forward. Also after 24.3 update my phone heating again, cant touchable after 20mins
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    In Game Name: Ronny889
    Device: IPhone 6s plus
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4.1
    Game mode: Everywhere

Gameplay changes in speed all the time. Sometimes response is so bad that parry and evade comes very late. Hit special button and nothing happens. After pressing several times it suddenly activates. Opponent is moving normal speed and starts to both be very rapid and any moves over a large distance very fast. This gameplay is getting so difficult to anticipate anything coming in a matchup.

Can you please comment that this has any focus from your side at all?
This discussion has been closed.